Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greatest mmo since WoW

Comments

• tommygunzIItommygunzII Member Posts: 321
    I'm still waiting on the greatest MMO since FFXI. Hopefully this is the one.
  • mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

In-game marriage?

LOL

• Beyond_EterniaBeyond_Eternia Member UncommonPosts: 102

It will be hot for a few months. Then die off like all the rest after WoW. I give up on saying anything is the next WoW.

Time you enjoy wasting...is not wasted time
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

Greatest mmo's ratings:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/final-fantasy-xiv-online

Lulz

Those rating are for version 1.0 not 2.0...

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

the not so bold claim anymore that is tagged to every new MMO that comes out..

I think someone claimed  FFXIV would beat WoW the first time it came out too.

same ol song and dance.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    While I saw and played the failure that was XIV 1.0 I still believe in square.  They're one of the few companies that have a history of some of the most amazing games ever.  Just like Blizzard they'll have hiccups but they will find a way I'm sure.  Honestly everything I've heard about the new XIV so far makes it sound like will be the MMO in a long time.  If they can mix a themepark style with a true player driven economy an in depth crafting system it's the holy grail people have wanted (a mix between themepark and sandbox).
  • LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    While i doubt FFXIV: ARR reaches the 12mil mark, its already a fantastic game and im sure it will sell very well. To those same bitter people that played it before how many times have you got a bad burger then went back to eat there a week later? You'll get over it or miss out.
    Originally posted by smokedogg311
    While i doubt FFXIV: ARR reaches the 12mil mark, its already a fantastic game and im sure it will sell very well. To those same bitter people that played it before how many times have you got a bad burger then went back to eat there a week later? You'll get over it or miss out.

I wasnt one of those people..

but a burger doesnt cost $60 -$80,depending on the version you bought.

Besides,if the burger is bad,I send it back for a new one.

Originally posted by tank017

Thats exactly what square is doing...they took back the bad burger fired the guy who made it and hired another guy to make a better burger for the customer and they dont have to repay for it.

• MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I'm in beta and love the game immensely while I think nothing will out do WoW I think this is the game that will come the closest. Its the most solid all around mmo in the last five years, the world is not boring unlike Rift and all I can say is this, check out every last one of the "Letter from the producer videos" to see how much Yoshi and his team are really putting love into this. gaem. Beta 4 will hit in July so judge for yourself. Me personally I'm quite happy with what I have experienced so far and I think a lot of people are going to be pleasantly surprised. I do not think this will be another niche MMO, is it groundbreaking? No, but its definitely like making vanilla ice cream with Kahlua sauce on top. Its a fine fine game, but again don't take my word for it, beta 4 is in July.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by tank017

Thats exactly what square is doing...they took back the bad burger fired the guy who made it and hired another guy to make a better burger for the customer and they dont have to repay for it.

Good,if they werent it'd be a nice dent in their image.

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373
    It seems like someone always states the "going to be better than WoW", fad.  Thing is, if WoW released for the first time today (vanilla or current), it would be going FTP within months.  Don't get me wrong, WoW was an ok MMO in it's day but then again, their were only a hand full of mmo's to choose from.
  • MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928

Baseless post after baseless post; "fanboys" and "trolls" alike. Stop throwing fake numbers and absurd premonitions around people. And what does it matter if FFXIV:ARR reaches the population of WoW, as long as the quality of the game is good it will maintain a loyal and strong crowd just like FFXI. Personally I prefer less numbers with higher quality people and a tighter knit community, if I could get that I would be happy. As for the quality of the game, I haven't played the new version yet so here's to hoping that it is a quality experience worth writing home about.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

ARR has been compared to WoW multiple times now and it's raising a lot of red flags for me.

I am inclined to try it but I don't think they'll offer a free trial, so here's a -1 from their potential customers.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    It will certainly be the greatest MMO since the last one!!!At least till the next one after it!!!!
    Originally posted by KhinRunite

ARR has been compared to WoW multiple times now and it's raising a lot of red flags for me.

I am inclined to try it but I don't think they'll offer a free trial, so here's a -1 from their potential customers.

beta Phase 4 will be Open Beta, you can try it then

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

And dont worry. If it fails again, they can always shut down v2 and release v3 couple years later with fancy name: Realm Strikes Back 

• VentlusVentlus Member Posts: 96
    pretty amazed at how many negative people their are out their. For me personally i did play it in 1.0 and didn't like to much. However i think they have fixed the things i wanted fix and the game looks beautiful so 10/10 for visuals as well. And for being able to beat WoW i don't think it will cause it is FF. WoW didn't take as much work (to complete tasks in game)as FFXI did and i'm pretty sure FFXIV will still take more work then WoW does. That coupled with people that still butthurt from first launch will make it so doesn't match WoW in subs but i think it will do just well. FFXI has been running for 11 years and still sub based and i think they fixed what needed to be done in 14 to make it run just as long and more. I already preorded CE personally and can't wait to play and i really think it is what i have been craving for all this time in a MMO. 
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

And dont worry. If it fails again, they can always shut down v2 and release v3 couple years later with fancy name: Realm Strikes Back 

except that the CEO of SE said that they're pretty much betting their entire company on this game's success...

So no.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Square is the classiest developer on the planet.You simply will not see another developer admit to any fault,just excuses.

FFXIV was not that bad,it was actually still far superior to many products out there.it was more a case of players not getting what they wanted and because Square admitted fault,everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

it released with a few bugs,not like every other game doesn't have the bugs and glitches..Does that make it right,no of course not,do other devs admit fault,you can bet they won't.

You know what other developers do rather than admit fault?They try to hide it and mislead people,a famous one lately is to shut down the forums when a problem arises on release or a new xpac.Square Enix doesn't hide or shut down forums.

I know of  a famous excuse and i hate excuses is the famous "I prefer game play over quality". OH yes of course that is why we see 99.9% of players just running linear questing,you can get that in FFXIV and looks better doing it.Then what is the other 0.1% doing?Raiding,so they are not even playing a MMO any more just a bunch of instances that are super easy and cheap to design.

If you want a MMO,one that looks good and does the same thing other games does with a twist,FFXIV is still a top quality game.If you want nothing but instances or PVP,FFXIV would not be for you.

My only gripe is the same as day 1,it is simply not as good as FFXi but then no game is and it has NOTHING to do with subs or popularity.I would love to see any other developer produce a FFXI quality game on the PS2,geesh Blizzard can't even port their own games nor can they make their own quality game engine.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Originally posted by Wizardry

Square is the classiest developer on the planet.You simply will not see another developer admit to any fault,just excuses.

FFXIV was not that bad,it was actually still far superior to many products out there.it was more a case of players not getting what they wanted and because Square admitted fault,everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

it released with a few bugs,not like every other game doesn't have the bugs and glitches..Does that make it right,no of course not,do other devs admit fault,you can bet they won't.

You know what other developers do rather than admit fault?They try to hide it and mislead people,a famous one lately is to shut down the forums when a problem arises on release or a new xpac.Square Enix doesn't hide or shut down forums.

I know of  a famous excuse and i hate excuses is the famous "I prefer game play over quality". OH yes of course that is why we see 99.9% of players just running linear questing,you can get that in FFXIV and looks better doing it.Then what is the other 0.1% doing?Raiding,so they are not even playing a MMO any more just a bunch of instances that are super easy and cheap to design.

If you want a MMO,one that looks good and does the same thing other games does with a twist,FFXIV is still a top quality game.If you want nothing but instances or PVP,FFXIV would not be for you.

My only gripe is the same as day 1,it is simply not as good as FFXi but then no game is and it has NOTHING to do with subs or popularity.I would love to see any other developer produce a FFXI quality game on the PS2,geesh Blizzard can't even port their own games nor can they make their own quality game engine.

I agree with everything you said but Blizzard is actually supporting sony now and porting Diablo 3 to PS3 and PS4 so its a start and im glad they chose sony and not MS.  I am actually hoping after this move that Titan will be multi-platform as in PC and PS4. Plus i dont think its about if they can or cant port games, i think its mainly because they have been a loyal PC game developer for majority of their years and because majority of their fans have been PC gamers since before consoles had online features and since the days of LAN. Now I guess they finally decided they want to try and expand them selves to a different audience especially now that the next gen of consoles are using x86 based system architecture which as a PC developer should have no trouble making games for.

• ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222

v3's title : return of the realm . legit....

• duuude007duuude007 Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by ipeka
    Originally posted by mindw0rk

And dont worry. If it fails again, they can always shut down v2 and release v3 couple years later with fancy name: Realm Strikes Back 

v3's title : return of the realm . legit....

As was said before, SE is staking their reputation on the success of this unprecedented reboot.

Unless you are seriously trying to encourage a major company to fail in order to take the whole gaming industry down a peg, I would advise you to lead, follow or get TF out of the way, and let the big boys do what is necessary to recover.

• ButterNuttzzButterNuttzz Member Posts: 18
    Why do people keep comparing wow to final fantasy they r two different gams in two different worlds. Yes wow was and still is very successful no doubt and so what if final fantasy doesnt bring in as much as wow does final fantasy will still be successful. They might have some of the same concepts like wow but what mmo doesnt anymore. Everyone wants to please the general .audience so everyone usually uses the same concepts. What true final fantasy fans want is that true in depth story driven game where we can connect to the world emotionally thats where final fantasy will stand out as where they always did with there great story driven games