Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu: New Features to Hit the Game

2»

Comments

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954
    Originally posted by HikaruShidou

People who do not spend more than 24 hours on this game have no right to comment on whether it is good or not. This game is so complex that you can't even begin to admire all of the features in only 1 or two hours.

I'm tired of all the bashing on the game because it really has things no other game has attempted. It's very PVP based and even instances are pvp based. Everything has to do with something else in this game.

Yes, Snail is a crap company, but the game itself is amazing. Just buggy.

Ahh I see, one of those you didn't play it long enough to realize it was fun posts.   I love these.

• hammarushammarus Member UncommonPosts: 196

I enjoyed the time I spent in Wushu.  I even created multiple character accounts.  I think I stopped playing because... I don't know why.

Perhaps it is the nickel and dime nature that f2p games have after you start playing.  I mean I am fine with cosmetic things costing RL money.  Its the needed "in-game" things.  I guess f2p developers have found they don't make enough off mounts, clothing, etc.  They have to charge for "your ability to set up a market stall for longer than an hour".

I am currently playing Neverwinter, and I am getting the same feeling.  And I HAVE spent money in the game, currently around $70 USD.  About the cost of the game and maybe 2 months sub.  But everything still costs. Its got RL costs at an annoying level.  The level where I can't be bothered to play a game when I ask myself on a daily basis "oh lets go get some of those... oh its costs RL money to get/do that?  Screw it!".

I think I like subscription based games better.  Not for the game quality, but for the lack of  thinking they are robbing my wallet on a daily basis,  when I want or  need something.  I can do it the old fashion way  -EARN IT.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Originally posted by HikaruShidou

People who do not spend more than 24 hours on this game have no right to comment on whether it is good or not. This game is so complex that you can't even begin to admire all of the features in only 1 or two hours.

I'm tired of all the bashing on the game because it really has things no other game has attempted. It's very PVP based and even instances are pvp based. Everything has to do with something else in this game.

Yes, Snail is a crap company, but the game itself is amazing. Just buggy.

Ahh I see, one of those you didn't play it long enough to realize it was fun posts.   I love these.

Game has an hours long tutorial that is so poorly written it doesn't teach anything hardly about the game.  Coupled with the fact that it is exceedingly boring, buggy, and generally not fun.  

Probably the biggest fault of this game is the exceedingly long tutorial which only serves to create the illusion that this game plays like the worst piece of garbage generic asian MMO on the market.

So nobody is going to force anyone to like the game, but the comment that the first few hours aren't indicative of what you will actually be doing in the game is especially true with Age of Wushu.  I feel those first few hours have cost them many players, possibly more than they gained.

• PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 356
    Combat sucked and was disjointed somehow, didnt like it. Good ideas bad implementation.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Pala

Combat sucked and was disjointed somehow

It has very special rhytm. It takes time to get use to it.

As I wrote somewhere around here, it is very reactive combat system with some mixed round like feel. You do not spam your skills for most time, you exchange blows thus timing and tricking your opponent is where skill is.

• YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Amarid
    Your guild will likely schedule to have them a few times a day.

Another example of awful game design. On top of group dependency, vast of the content is scheduled.

The game has interesting features and mechanics but it is horribly designed...

So according to you the only kind of NOT awful game design is casual carebearism where everything is handed to you on silver platter any time you log in, with no effort needed? 

Go back to Guild Wars II then. 

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Age OF Wushu is a good game however after looking at a packet analyzer I Can say this game lacks security login wise the server is located in China, has cheap login security, no IP Verification, No Secondary Password, and tons of players claim to have been hacked already while Snail Games does nothing about it but say its all our own faults I might agree if it were 1-2 people but it was a lot more than this and GM's didn't restore any lost items or cash however it mysteriously vanished from players in game either..... Lets also not forget all the innocent bans and hard work lost by players in clans and school positions because of false RMT bans on players accounts by an automated system.

The game also has a number of exploiters who exploit dungeons, cheat school wars, Cash Shop items too if you are like me its $9.99 VIP Fee $9.99 for a decent looking costume so you don't look like crap and then $9 for a mount unless you work hard for in game cash.

This game is also far from a Sand Box the way its advertised I am still restricted to skill levels I can learn, can't learn all crafts either.

My advise Avoid this game, want a real Sand Box game try out EVE, or Dark Fall, way better than this game and costs away less overall but avoid AOW all together, heck even Defiance is better than  AOW,  Guild Wars 2 = meh no opinion I just dont like GW2 personally needs lots of changes before I will give thumbs up.