Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge overview video.

NekrageNekrage Member UncommonPosts: 17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM0rDgU2AAM

An overview of ArcheAge discussing some of the games features, let me know what you think.

Comments

• iamflymoloiamflymolo Member Posts: 152
    Thanks for the video! It's well put together and informative. I was hoping that this much praise for a game would have demonstrated inside knowledge or some actual in-game footage that you had taken, but otherwise you do quality work. Keep them coming!
  • NekrageNekrage Member UncommonPosts: 17
    Originally posted by iamflymolo
    Thanks for the video! It's well put together and informative. I was hoping that this much praise for a game would have demonstrated inside knowledge or some actual in-game footage that you had taken, but otherwise you do quality work. Keep them coming!

Thanks man, it means a lot to me.

Unfortunately I have no way of playing the game atm, and dont plan to play the Korean version....if I did I would have had my own video content.

I hope others will find the video informative and helpful.

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

Thanks for the video, it's great to hear English info ~!

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Too bad, that while the game has so much to offer, in the end, the combat is just your typical wow/asian grinder tab + mash skill key.

With all the game offers, that alone will kill it for SO MANY people.

• SawlstoneSawlstone Member Posts: 301
    Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

Too bad, that while the game has so much to offer, in the end, the combat is just your typical wow/asian grinder tab + mash skill key.

I think the amount of people that prefer "wow/asian grinder...blah blah blah" is massive. So actually the SO MANY people you are referring too is rather niche group of players comparatively. Meaning it won't kill if for many people at all.

• edenzeroedenzero Member Posts: 16

the combat is just your typical wow/asian grinder tab + mash skill key.

that excuse/comment is getting pretty old, people need to find a new one.

people already know that AA has this type of combat

Originally posted by edenzero

the combat is just your typical wow/asian grinder tab + mash skill key.

that excuse/comment is getting pretty old, people need to find a new one.

people already know that AA has this type of combat

I think its a great targeting/combat system thats very easy for casual players to get comfortable with.

It may not feel like the most glorified or skillful combat, but hey...it works.

• IssieaIssiea Member Posts: 75

I have to admit this game looks amazing.  Will it be a subscription type game or one of those other types does anyone know?

I would love to give this a go when it comes out.

Originally posted by Issiea

I have to admit this game looks amazing.  Will it be a subscription type game or one of those other types does anyone know?

I would love to give this a go when it comes out.

Its really to hard to call at this point. Its going f2p in Korea.....Trion is transferring rift to f2p but they released it as p2p.

ArcheAge has been released as p2p  in Korea and China.....so its really anyone's guess. 

I suppose we have to sit and wait for more information. Im hoping for p2p personally.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

There are alot of Koreans very angry at the studio.
    From contacting support to ingame issues.
    Most Koreans seem to drop AA like to plague.

For what its worth:

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/1e8ssa/there_is_no_customer_service_in_archeage_big_news/

If its all true i cant tell, but where is smoke there is fire.

I hope Trion can make something worth playing it here in EU/USA tough, we need to have some solid mmo's to play as its total shit atm -_-

• TheJodaTheJoda Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Originally posted by Mothanos

There are alot of Koreans very angry at the studio.
    From contacting support to ingame issues.
    Most Koreans seem to drop AA like to plague.

For what its worth:

http://www.reddit.com/r/archeage/comments/1e8ssa/there_is_no_customer_service_in_archeage_big_news/

If its all true i cant tell, but where is smoke there is fire.

I hope Trion can make something worth playing it here in EU/USA tough, we need to have some solid mmo's to play as its total shit atm -_-

I just hope Trion don't make this a f2p crap system.  I fear that now since RIFT changed this sub model.  But I don't see how a sandbox style game like this can have a cash shop......here's to hoping they don't F it up!

....Being Banned from MMORPG's forums since 2010, for Trolling the Trolls!!!

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

http://www.gamenote.com/

According to a couple Korean metric sites, ArcheAge isn't being 'dropped like the plague' as people might think. GameNote still has it at #7 overall game played in Korea. 

Gametrics has ArcheAge at #12 overall played in Korea.

I really don't think it's as dire as people think.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Great video, Nek.

From the gameplay video to the informative commentary, kudos.  Well put together - a nice concise spoken wili with cool action in the background.  Good job, man.

Originally posted by jdlamson75

Great video, Nek.

From the gameplay video to the informative commentary, kudos.  Well put together - a nice concise spoken wili with cool action in the background.  Good job, man.

Thanks man.

I always appreciate feedback. Glad you liked it, planning to do another video in a week or so.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Thanks NEKRAGE. I really enjoyed the video.AA is a game I must play.
  • zukster2k5zukster2k5 Member UncommonPosts: 18
    I found this video on Youtube a couple days ago while searching for information on Archeage. The thing one that made me a little disappointed in the video is I didn't feel it went into the features as much as I would have liked. I felt like the whole video was talking about the combat and classes. You got too specific when you started talking about X races gets X racial. For an overview I was hoping for a feature list and maybe even a comparison to another game. All in all though I found it informative and enjoyed it. Please make one that talks about trade routes and non combat features!
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Great info, Nekrage. Thanks!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ThePantsWizardThePantsWizard Member Posts: 3

While many mmo's have tried to innovate this (such as GW2), I feel like the 'boring' way is this the most enjoyable. You can play on a very slow pace if you want to and don't have to be 100% to get something done combat-wise. Also I'm sure in pvp and high end pve, skill will matter nonetheless, just like in WoW.