Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am disapoint

azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Much to my chagrin I spent 12 hour downloading the client for the Open Beta and much to my chagrin I discovered this is not an MMO it is an ARPG.  /Sad Panda.

/uninstall

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Comments

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Yeah, three minutes of research could have told you that.
  • ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    I am frustrate.
  • SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    it's a isometric super hero diablo without the polish. Was not an enjoyable experience for me.. I agree though I knew it was a diablo styled game or Action RPG when I tried it I just didn't know I would have zero enjoyment in how it plays,
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Much to my chagrin I spent 12 hour downloading the client for the Open Beta and much to my chagrin I discovered this is not an MMO it is an ARPG.  /Sad Panda.

/uninstall

So? Is the game fun?

Actually i think they should take out the public zone and makes it more a ARPG than a MMO.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Rps did a preview of this a few months back, where they really slated it. Now when you consider one of the RPS writers also writes for marvel, knew this had disaster written all over it.
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341

Originally posted by azzamasin

/uninstall

The game has only been getting previews and reviews everywhere, all over the place, for months now. Did you expect pity from such a ridiculous faux pas?

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Rps did a preview of this a few months back, where they really slated it. Now when you consider one of the RPS writers also writes for marvel, knew this had disaster written all over it.

The RPG preview was a long time ago from a very early iteration of the game, before the textures on the models were even complete. The game is vastly different since then.

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

Originally posted by ShakyMo

I played a much recent open beta. The good news is that it is a marvel ultimate alliance clone. The bad news is that it needs more polish.

However, if they add the polish, it would be a good game.

And oh, i think it is better NOT to be a MMO.

• wireyankeewireyankee Member Posts: 36
    I am Aggravate.
  • SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458

Should've spent a few minutes doing some research before downloading.  Marvel Heroes is a Free to Play Online Action RPG developed by Secret Identity Studios and David Brevik, the co-founder of Blizzard North and the man behind Diablo.  I don't see how you could've expected anything else if you had seen any gameplay videos or glanced at the website for more than a few seconds.

Also did it really take you 12 hours to download?  Took less than 2 hours here...

• red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486
    I am Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
  • oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

I've been playing the game for a couple of days during the closed and open beta.

What can i say, the game is pretty good but nothing revolutionary.

IF you turn a bit down on your imagination and you try the enjoy the game for what it is and not for

what it could be you can have fun.If you don't like the diablo style this is something not for you.

If you want a game that is real complex on every level this isn't the one.

But HEY! It's a free to play game.Even if you just enjoy it for a couple of hours it's still o.k.

After reading so many posts and topics here on mmorpg.com i understand what is wrong with

the new generation of gamers. Even before a game is realesed people are having dreams about

how the actuall game is going to feel/play like.And when they get to try,they quickly get disappointed

cause the actuall product isn't as it was in their "dreams".

The new generation of gamers are having access to soo many games that it's just changes their mindset.

In my childhood i was happy for any game,whenever it was SOnic or Mario,i didn't want to make a judgement

and say this game is worst than the other so now i decide to not to play one of them.I loved both games just

for what they were.All in all a good advice to all players out there. Try to enjoy the games just for what they are.

Don't think that much about how could it be better.Just focus on the good stuff ( go smash,kill,blast.etc. ).

And if you realise you are not having fun at all just close the game and do something else.

The something else doesn't include writing a disappointment post on a forum.If you already have a better game

to play ,GO for it ! If you don't think about the problem might be within you.

This little video might help to understand a bit more about what is wrong....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6XEQIsCoM

• XDrLoboXDrLobo Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Great link ...
  • zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Well, to be fair...a LOT has changed since 95% of those previews/sneak peeks that where around.

Hell, it's still has major revamps/updates that come out of nowhere also.

Also, you have people HERE that are doing previews

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/383981/Marvel-Hereos-Busting-Out-Of-Nda-Video-Review.html

So yeah...

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Saw it free for 24h on steam awhile back. Didn't d/l it but it would be alright I guess.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Originally posted by emperorwings
    Saw it free for 24h on steam awhile back. Didn't d/l it but it would be alright I guess.

The game is launching F2P in early June. There is no reason to play (since everything will be wiped) until then.

• UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    massively multiplayer online game (also called MMO and MMOG) is a multiplayer video game which is capable of supporting large numbers of players simultaneously. By necessity, they are played on the Internet. Many games have at least one persistent world, however others just have large numbers of players competing at once in one form or another without any lasting effect to the world at all.
  • TheOctagonTheOctagon Member UncommonPosts: 411

Somehow trying to make your character unique, but being in the same place with 50 characters that look just like you shows how poorly the design was thought out.

People don't want to look like the 10 guys next to them, they want to be able to make their character theirs....

I felt like I was playing a game from 2003.

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    I am surprise!
  • redrain84redrain84 Member UncommonPosts: 88

I'm going to chime in, lets be honest the game is a HUGE disappointment. For something to have the name Marvel Heroes on it, you would think it would be an awesome game. The comic books are just amazing and the Marvel Universe has so much history that you can easily get lost in it. So I was expecting an epic MMORPG and all I got was a ARPG.

I was invited into the closed beta few months ago.  I was so excited and couldn't wait to play, but it was hard for me to enjoy. The game was incredibly boring and uninteresting. DCU failed and this game fails even worse.  Lets be honest here, most gaming companies are just trying to release a game with a famous name so they can make money and it shows when you play it. 

I am a Marvel Fan and I wont support this game. This game is an injustice to the Marvel Comic book Universe. When I play the game I don't feel like I'm in the Marvel Universe, I just feel like I'm in some cheap game that could have been made 10 years ago. If this game was made 10 years ago, maybe it might be worth something, but this is 2013.

If you want to play a good MMO play swtor, rift, wow or tera but leave this one alone.

We just have to come to realize that we will never get a good Comic book MMO. 

On a positive note FFXIV is coming out soon so it should restore some balance to the MMORPG world. After severely being disappointed by this game.

• redrain84redrain84 Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Originally posted by oreal52

I've been playing the game for a couple of days during the closed and open beta.

What can i say, the game is pretty good but nothing revolutionary.

IF you turn a bit down on your imagination and you try the enjoy the game for what it is and not for

what it could be you can have fun.If you don't like the diablo style this is something not for you.

If you want a game that is real complex on every level this isn't the one.

But HEY! It's a free to play game.Even if you just enjoy it for a couple of hours it's still o.k.

After reading so many posts and topics here on mmorpg.com i understand what is wrong with

the new generation of gamers. Even before a game is realesed people are having dreams about

how the actuall game is going to feel/play like.And when they get to try,they quickly get disappointed

cause the actuall product isn't as it was in their "dreams".

The new generation of gamers are having access to soo many games that it's just changes their mindset.

In my childhood i was happy for any game,whenever it was SOnic or Mario,i didn't want to make a judgement

and say this game is worst than the other so now i decide to not to play one of them.I loved both games just

for what they were.All in all a good advice to all players out there. Try to enjoy the games just for what they are.

Don't think that much about how could it be better.Just focus on the good stuff ( go smash,kill,blast.etc. ).

And if you realise you are not having fun at all just close the game and do something else.

The something else doesn't include writing a disappointment post on a forum.If you already have a better game

to play ,GO for it ! If you don't think about the problem might be within you.

This little video might help to understand a bit more about what is wrong....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by TheOctagon

Somehow trying to make your character unique, but being in the same place with 50 characters that look just like you shows how poorly the design was thought out.

People don't want to look like the 10 guys next to them, they want to be able to make their character theirs....

I felt like I was playing a game from 2003.

Not everyone has that problem.  Not everyone is concerned with being unique.  It wasn't poorly though out, that characters look alike. They are Iconic characters of the franchise, and cannot look "unique".

In other ARPG's, you look like every other character in your class. People have been fine with that.  Plus, most ARPG's only have 3-5 characters. With 26 different heroes with, at least, 5 costumes each, In MH, the number of identical characters standing next to you is greatly reduced (beyond the initial release).

Originally posted by redrain84

I'm going to chime in, lets be honest the game is a HUGE disappointment. For something to have the name Marvel Heroes on it, you would think it would be an awesome game. The comic books are just amazing and the Marvel Universe has so much history that you can easily get lost in it. So I was expecting an epic MMORPG and all I got was a ARPG.

I was invited into the closed beta few months ago.  I was so excited and couldn't wait to play, but it was hard for me to enjoy. The game was incredibly boring and uninteresting. DCU failed and this game fails even worse.  Lets be honest here, most gaming companies are just trying to release a game with a famous name so they can make money and it shows when you play it. 

I am a Marvel Fan and I wont support this game. This game is an injustice to the Marvel Comic book Universe. When I play the game I don't feel like I'm in the Marvel Universe, I just feel like I'm in some cheap game that could have been made 10 years ago. If this game was made 10 years ago, maybe it might be worth something, but this is 2013.

If you want to play a good MMO play swtor, rift, wow or tera but leave this one alone.

We just have to come to realize that we will never get a good Comic book MMO. 

On a positive note FFXIV is coming out soon so it should restore some balance to the MMORPG world. After severely being disappointed by this game.

I don't know why you were "expecting an epic MMORPG". They have been saying all along that it was an ARPG, and not a typical MMORPG.  Frankly, I was disappointed in that decision, myself, but I knew about it long ago.

DCUO did not fail, It is still going strong, and fun to jump into now and then. Granted, it is not as huge as people hoped, but it still has a niche.  It also was not a typical MMORPG, as it was designed to be an action game, and they succeeded. I find the combat far more exciting than typical MMO's. 

I actually would have preferred that Marvel Heroes had went a similar route with their game design, rather than making it more like Diablo.   Still, I enjoyed playing Diablo type games, and am able to look at the game for what it is, especially since there is no point in focusing on what it is not. 

That said, even as a Diablo style game, Marvel Heroes lacks polish and depth. It is purely there for the action, and the story is about as basic as it gets.  While the action can be fun, I am not sure how sustainable that fun will be.  At least with it being f2p you can always hop on at any time, and play without worrying about a subscription.

• Paradigm68Paradigm68 Member UncommonPosts: 890

I downloaded it, fired it up, ran around button mashing as Iron-Man for about 30 min, yawned and uninstalled it.

But that's just me.

• pupurunpupurun Member UncommonPosts: 561

all i have to ask you guys is this :

What would this game be without the word''MARVEL'' in its title?

I think it would be the first  WE PAY YOU TO PLAY IT 

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by pupurun

all i have to ask you guys is this :

What would this game be without the word''MARVEL'' in its title?

I think it would be the first  WE PAY YOU TO PLAY IT 

Nah. It's not that bad.  There is some fun to be had.  I do, however, only like a handful of  the heroes, and they are not the most popular ones.  I wrote that off as a matter of my play style, since other people seem to like them.  <shrugs>

That said, even as a Diablo style game, Marvel Heroes lacks polish and depth. It is purely there for the action, and the story is about as basic as it gets.  While the action can be fun, I am not sure how sustainable that fun will be.  At least with it being f2p you can always hop on at any time, and play without worrying about a subscription.

That is the issue. For Diablo style ARPGs, polish is very important. I think it is even less polished than Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

However, it is a free game, so it will at least be some free fun for a while.