Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow!! Check out this new game called Tug. It looks very cool

jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180

I just watched the video on Massively and then on Kickstarter. This game looks very cool. I just finished supporting the game. The devs seem to be very in tuned with the community. Personally, I just want someone to finally make a real good sandbox style MMORPG that is fun. 

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nerdkingdom/tug-1

Comments

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

interesting... though sounds like a school project for social media based stuff.. 

though it sounds like most of the voxal styled games out there since the minecraft blowout 

• jacktorsjacktors Member UncommonPosts: 180
    yes, it does seem like a school project. haha. But although I never really played Minecraft, i always thought that the potential of a Massive scale Minecraft type game could go somewhere. And I mean, a massive MMORPG with a huge world, but created in the Minecraft engine. It would be a bit dated, but you cant argue with the success of Minecraft. 
  • EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

Minecraft clone, not a single difference except smoother engine terrain and two hands on screen :P 

I wonder how how she got the blue eye in last video .. 

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

though as much fun as minecraft was for me (mostly required modding to improve it) im not a huge fan of the games coming out using similar systems.  on steam green light i have seen about 5 games that are almost exactly the same as this Tug one. with very minor changes (like fully squared land tiles or different graphic eng used) while that doesnt sound bad.. it does make  more experienced gamers go.. wth :/  i mean you can only market solitaire as pong only so much before people get annoyed :/

though Tug does sound interesting the rolling hills sounds cool with voxel.  but given the fact they are all PHded people and not actual game devs makes me wonder just how enjoyable the game will be...  having played haven and hearth and salem the whole survival social games kinda become moot as its just a mask to cover the typical annoying pking that goes on in those types of games lol.

they also didnt state if Tug will have a 24/7 server or be user hosted like minecraft lol...

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Fail is strong on this one .

Basically what they have is minecraft with better graphics .

The voxel terrain would be awesome if the player could change it but any of the objects added are blocks as you can see by the trees being blocky in the video .

So you dig a hole and its basically going to be blocks like minecraft not voxel.

Nice try but alas another minecraft clone.