Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Discussion Thread

Comments

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

Oh wow, I was searching for more information to post in the thread and I came across another post on this website regarding Black Desert I would very much like to thank Staff Member Amana for posting a link to my thread.image

BTW something funny Gandalf and Legolas anyone?

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    No healing class? I'm disapoint.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

I've forwarded this along to our game list manager.

Edited thread title. Let's use this thread as a general discussion thread for the game for now. Thanks!

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    MikeB to the rescue woot!!!!!

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    I can't read all this. Sorry, too lazy. Can someone explain to me why LoL is on this site and not black desert?
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    No healing class? I'm disapoint.

Well Pearl Abyss said they're open to suggestions though I don't mind a game that tries to break away from the holy trinity. I tend to solo A LOT for general gameplay so a game that has a self healing system is fine in my book. They are also still working on classes with an Assassin class planed to release after launch.

Originally posted by MikeB

I've forwarded this along to our game list manager.

Edited thread title. Let's use this thread as a general discussion thread for the game for now. Thanks!

Sweet!, ty so much MikeB this is very, very cool guess I should get around to editing my Originial Post at some point but I am already procrastinating on my studies so most likely won't be tonight.

Found what I feel is a great explanation for not having a "Healer" class from the BlackDesertBlog this is taken directly from the article and not edited in anyway.

"Now, about the anti-priest and anti-stealth movements. A lot of recent MMO releases have deliberately chosen not to include a stealth or healing class. Presumably, this is because those two archetypes are very difficult to balance, and promote a style of play which is not beneficial to the game.

This is particularly true of healers in action combat MMOs. Skilled players will avoid taking damage from their enemies, and therefore do not need to be healed. Unskilled players fail to evade damage, and are “carried” through dungeons by healing classes. Removing the “safety net” of healing increases the risk element in PvE content. It puts the emphasis on skilled individual play, rather than reliance on a hero to come and save you. It really sucks for those of us who usually play healers – I’m one of them! – but overall, it will make gameplay a lot more skill-based."

This even explains why the Assassin class is going to be added later.(Not a guarantee as of yet)

Full article http://blackdesertblog.wordpress.com/classes/

Not exactly sure how old this article is but good points are made.

Well I haven't edited this like i said I would been to busy enjoying my free time now that my semester is over. But finally we have our own game pageimage so I was wondering if a forum mod could move this thread to the official Black Desert forum. Please and thank you.

Edit: Slightly touched up the first page as I had said I would may go back for more editing at some point but I feel it is fine for now.

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043
    Both Cinematic trailers look great. They suggest a lot of potential for the game but word is, 2015 for international release. If they make more trailers I'll watch them but 2 years of anticipation is a prison sentence.
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

This game looks off the hook. But no publisher or website yet?

Somebody pick this game up ASAP!

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

A new fan made feature video discussing most of what I have mentioned but has a lot more footage than I have seen not quite sure where he got some of it, but however he got it the game still looks amazing. The footage once again is still alpha so there is some clipping, pop in, and  the player characters do not blink however this must be temporary because I noticed the NPCs and monsters were blinking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EljAdiTXpk Just a heads up the guy talks about as fast as I do when I'm overtired, which is quite fast lol.
    Just noticed the thread got moved. Thank you to whichever mod moved this to the Black Desert forum.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    After watching the trailer again i think it is not actual in game because if it was this would be the greatest game ever made
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Looks like Archeage, but not disappointing.  However, I am not about to get all hot and bothered over a game that isn't even close to release here.  I will just say it looks amazing and I'll keep watching it.

This ---> 

"In this time, let us introduce battle mercenary soldiers.

You pay some money to NPC and you can hire mercenary soldiers in village. Of course there is a other option to hire them, like be familiar with NPCs or finish specific quest.

As you see this picture, we are providing five mercenary soldiers now, and still working on new mercenary. Of course, these mercenaries are efficient in hunting monsters, but they will do more great job in castle siege which requires a lots of manpower."

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    2015? Oh my./ Well at least I will have time to save up for a decent PC to run it :) 
    Originally posted by Jinxys
    2015? Oh my./ Well at least I will have time to save up for a decent PC to run it :) 

North America Release Date

There is no known information regarding when the game will be released in North America.

Originally posted by Eir_S
    Looks like Archeage, but not disappointing.  However, I am not about to get all hot and bothered over a game that isn't even close to release here.  I will just say it looks amazing and I'll keep watching it.

I was thinking the same. To be fair to ArcheAge this has the same feel. I dropped ArcheAge like a turd when I heard it was going to be free for all but I have seen indications they might have backed off of that. These guys don't seem to have any plans to make Air or even Sea travel. Sea travel isn't really that big of a deal but Air can really kill a mostly land based game.

This fantastic MMO is supporting up to 400 vs 400 players in one battlefield concurrently.

Players are able to manipulate the castle smashers like canon, adjusting the angle to attack in distance. When players try to attack the castle efficiently, building base camp like a fort around the castle is a great choice. Surely, the defenders can destroy your fort by defending weapons up from the castle. By the way, the NPC mercenaries will participate in the castle siege or defending the castle as well. The outfit of the NPCs you've hired can be customized.

I like the NPC army concept. The 400 vs 400 can just as easy turn in to 400 guys ganking some poor shmuck with a farm. It will remain to be seen how they regulate PvP and OW effect.
    Originally posted by free2play
    I like the NPC army concept. The 400 vs 400 can just as easy turn in to 400 guys ganking some poor shmuck with a farm. It will remain to be seen how they regulate PvP and OW effect.

I doubt it would take 400 people to gank 1 person . 

If you ever played UO the reward for ganking people was great because you obtained all the items on them at the time of their death.

But you eventually became an outlaw and would be killed instantly by any town guards which made it difficult to trade, so you needed friends or mules to help you.

The point being the mechanic can be exploited and griefing is the reward for griefers. When you allow a group of 400 people the power to run wild, they will either out of boredom, cruelty or both, do it for no reason at all.

New website recently put up which is very well made and seems to have all the information one could want.

http://www.black-desert.com

However grammar is not the best on the site and they called a camel a llama... but the news feed is very nice.