Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Avatar Star: MMOTPS Enters Open Beta

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Fans of massive multiplayer online third person shooters (MMOTPS) will want to check out Avatar Star now that it has entered its open beta phase of development. In addition, the team announced an avatar contest for May 31st that will see a hefty $10,000 SGD cash prize meted out to the winner.

“The extremely active CBT community shows that Avatar Star hits close to the heart of the players! We are delighted to hear all the positive feedback from the community, and with their help, we managed to find and fix 2 major bugs within the CBT period. OBT players can now enjoy the game and we are confident to pass the upcoming massive sign-ups.” Says Mr Kang.

Find out more on the Avatar Star site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Member UncommonPosts: 201
    MMOTPS, lol, make it stop !!!
  • HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821
    It's identical (!) in all aspects to Battlefield heroes.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411

stop with the silly shit initials.

Call them MMOAS: blah blah Online Arena Shooters or MOBA: Multiplayer Online Battle Arena(same shit)

What are you gonna call the next game that allows you to see First and Third person? MMOFTPS?

• apb2011apb2011 Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Warframe is better
  • BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by apb2011
    Warframe is better
    Are they competing? I thought Warframe was pretty much PvE-focused, and this one looks like it is PvP-focused.
  • UnrealRpgUnrealRpg Member UncommonPosts: 138
    Originally posted by apb2011
    Warframe is better

According to you not to someone that this game might appeal to.

• ResertonReserton Member Posts: 52
    Considering this went into Open Beta on 7th May, 3 weeks ago, why is this only being posted now?

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

It looks like a depiction of how the pit crews in Mario Kart settle their scores... =P

I think i'l stick to APB to be honest.

This have been a good conversation

• Beoelf21Beoelf21 Member Posts: 91

actually flex i think the mmo your talking about is labeled :MMOFPSTAYTSBFATPA

(massive multiplayer online first person shooter that allows you to switch between first and third person angles)

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Flex1

stop with the silly shit initials.

Call them MMOAS: blah blah Online Arena Shooters or MOBA: Multiplayer Online Battle Arena(same shit)

What are you gonna call the next game that allows you to see First and Third person? MMOFTPS?

Exactly, someone please tell me what the difference is between a FPS and a TPS beyond one you see your avatar and the other you only see part of them.  Still plays the exact same way and some of these games allow both.  There is no sense making a differentiation when there is none.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by AreWeLive

Nooo! Let it keep going. There seems to be a dividing line in naming conventions. The West has dropped 'MMO' and uses 'shooter' whereas the East is still in 6-letter acronym mode. Which is odd, because the East adopted 'action RPG' when the west was still piling on adjectives before 'MMORPG.'

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• TorkazTorkaz Member UncommonPosts: 92
    This games actually pretty fun....
  • MMORPGtesterMMORPGtester Member UncommonPosts: 96
    This game is already littered with boters, save yourself the time =(

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by AreWeLive

LOL you made me smile on a shitty day for me ;).

• octopusxoctopusx Member UncommonPosts: 4

This game is decent and can be fun at times. But it's has an obvious pay to win cash shop, where you can buy materials to upgrade weapons (make them do more damage). If you don't pay for this, you'll be left to random luck as for you get materials and weapons randomly after matches. I've seen a lvl 30 player already and he was impossible to kill with 3-4 people shooting him. Also the stealth rogues are annoying and their knife attacks have massive range with massive dmg output (3-4 hits and you're dead). Sure there are ways to counter it but most of the time they'll kill you.

Even with the fact that paying users have the upper hand (in my opinion) I will still continue to play this game, cause a single good game is so much fun.