Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth Buy Razer Naga for Gaming?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458

is worth buy Razer Naga or Razer Deathadder for Gaming (mmorpg /rpg) ?  or you recommand me any better  for gaming?

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga

Comments

• jdkskipjdkskip Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Well, I have a Razer Copperhead that I bought in 2005/2006 and it's still going strong. Best mouse I ever owned. Not sure if their quality has dropped since then.
  • timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Naga still beats everything if you ask me. Those buttons go a long way.
  • DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I bought a Naga shortly before Xmas and only used the extra buttons for the first couple of days. Personally, I don't find them useful, but the mouse is certainly comfy in my clumpy hands :)

Go and feel one in your hand before purchasing - 'feel' is probably the biggest factor unless you're a sheep ;)

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I loved my Naga... until it broke.  I switched to a G700 by Logitech and it's more my thing.  Doesn't make my palm sweat as much.  It really comes up to preference.  I do miss my buttons on my Naga but I've found the 4 on my G700 to be more than enough.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I highly recommend the Naga, it makes MMO's soo much easier.
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

Deathadder is my favorite mouse period - feels perfect in my hand. My first broke after a year, but I liked it so much I'm on my second and still going strong for almost 2 years now.

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    The Naga is the only reason I'm not a "clicker" anymore. They are perfect for MMOs but not that great for fps games.  Their lifespan is a bit short though.  I've been through three of them in as many years.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• Thebrave246Thebrave246 Member Posts: 174
    My answer to the question is simply "yes". Over the years it has made my gaming experience soo much better then that of a conventional mouse. I feel in MMORPGs it really makes things SOO much easier! Get a Naga, it may take you a little while to get used to the side mouse buttons, but it is soo worth it!
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968

I bought one back when I was playing AoC n WoW when Godslayer came out due to needing to hit 12+ buttons.  Now the 12 hotkeys don't even work anymore no matter all the solutions I've tried and the comp doesn't even recognize the device anymore all of a sudden for some strange reason.  Worked great for years then all of a sudden it shitted on me when my PC stopped recognizing the device.

Worth it if you have multiple toolbars you need for gaming like WoW or Rift (I used my 1-6 keys with ctrl, shift, and alt combos which was what lead me to buy it).  An overpriced mouse if you 't play an MMO that doesn't require multiple toolbars of abilities like GW2 or Neverwinter.

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    I bought a Naga, loved it for the two months it worked.  Bought a Logitech G600 to replace it and I like the Logitech buttons much better than the Naga.  Give it a look at this link.
  • KhondorKhondor Member UncommonPosts: 51

I used the Naga for quite some time, but it does have some flaws.  It is too small for even an average sized hand and it's smooth finish is slippery.  It feels very light and delicate and at times, it can be difficult to keep a steady grip on.   I found the left/right mouse buttons to be too sensitive.  Even after months of use, I still found myself inadvertently clicking them.  I am currently using the Logitech G700 and I am never going back.  It has enough buttons for most MMOs and is great for FPS games.

• drowelfdrowelf Member UncommonPosts: 114

well it all depends on if the game supports a gaming mouse or not. Me I use a Logitech g700 and that works very well, yet some games don't support it, so it all depends on the game. Also 30 buttons maybe to much to use in any practical way in a game, for me 7 seen to be the limit of buttons to have any real use. 

Take a look at Razer game software, that is of more use than just buttons, and if the mouse fits you then use it.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I use the Naga for nearly any MMO that has a hotbar. But that's it. I've used it enough that I've gotten my money's worth out of it, but I can only use it with MMOs.

Things to keep in mind:
    * There is a learning curve. It will take awhile to learn how to use effectively.
    * It's only good in games where you're going to use the number buttons or the numpad, along with the WASD keys. For me, this has limited it to MMOs. It might work with something like StarCraft, but it didn't seem to be a great fit.
    * It's on the small side. Razer's other mice have a pretty broad ergonomic fit among people, and the Naga does not.
    * There is a Logitech version of the Naga as well, so if possible, try them both. Functionality is more or less the same, so if you're a fan of Logitech, their version of the MMO mouse might be a better fit.
    * It's just not for everyone. Some people like them and some people don't and there doesn't seem to be any way to tell until you try one.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• GeekieDaveGeekieDave Member Posts: 41
    I've had my naga for almost two years now and I honestly haven't looked back. I only wish I could change the colors like I can with my Anansai keyboard. But if you buy a Naga, Try to get your hands on either a Orbweaver or a Nostromo. They are what make the Naga work the best in any combination!

Be sure to subscribe to Worlds Edge Gaming:
    www.youtube.com/worldsedgegaming

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by davc123
    is worth buy Razer Naga or Razer Deathadder for Gaming (mmorpg /rpg) ?  or you recommand me any better  for gaming?http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga

I would go as far to say Razer Naga is mandatory.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I've stopped using razer products this year. Every single item I've bought from them (4 keyboards and 5 mice) have all died a sad death. And their stuff is expensive.

Either I game more than they anticipated (which would be stupid considering their products are made for gaming) or I am severely unlucky with that brand. Either way, I'm done with them.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Great mouse!

Try to get the older model, not the 2012. You are forced to use the Razer Synapse configurator that stores all your profiles through a cloud system. It is very annoying to have to have this system running in the background just to use your mouse and your game profiles. 

Edit: Synapse 2.0

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by davc123
    is worth buy Razer Naga or Razer Deathadder for Gaming (mmorpg /rpg) ?  or you recommand me any better  for gaming?

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-mice/razer-naga

I would go as far to say Razer Naga is mandatory.

I agree 100%, mandatory. I will not play without my Naga. I've had mine since release, no issues, knock on wood. Also had a Razer Lycosa keyboard for as many years and it's still trucking just fine.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Had the mx518 until it died, so I got the naga.  The naga is inferior to me.  G700 is better for me.  G700 + G11/G15 keyboard is best.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633
    I was someone that thought the NAGA wasnt worth it. Then I bought one.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    I have a razer naga and I love it. I will never go back to another mouse again.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    I currently have 3 razor nagas for my desk top, lap top, and a spare :D it's a great mouse and after using it for a while you get spoiled.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Amjoco
    Great mouse!Try to get the older model, not the 2012. You are forced to use the Razer Synapse configurator that stores all your profiles through a cloud system. It is very annoying to have to have this system running in the background just to use your mouse and your game profiles. Edit: Synapse 2.0

Storing your profiles in the cloud shouldn't be a required option. Other posters on these forums have Razer products, and they are able to store their profiles locally.

It is kind of a pain that the default options are the ones that give Razer your information though. They are heading in a direction that I do not like.

Luckily, Logitech has a 12 button MMO mouse as well, and I don't think they need nearly as much information from you in order for the mouse to work.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    G700 for me. Not all the buttons are on the side.. so you can have your finger and thumb ready to press two of the extra buttons at any one time. I find that makes it far superior, especially in PvP situations. With the naga you can only precisely press one of the extra buttons at a time without changing your standard mouse holding position.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Amjoco
    Great mouse!

Try to get the older model, not the 2012. You are forced to use the Razer Synapse configurator that stores all your profiles through a cloud system. It is very annoying to have to have this system running in the background just to use your mouse and your game profiles. 

Edit: Synapse 2.0

Storing your profiles in the cloud shouldn't be a required option. Other posters on these forums have Razer products, and they are able to store their profiles locally.

It is kind of a pain that the default options are the ones that give Razer your information though. They are heading in a direction that I do not like.

Luckily, Logitech has a 12 button MMO mouse as well, and I don't think they need nearly as much information from you in order for the mouse to work.

Logitech has the G600 but its kinda buggy. The mouse pointer likes to jump around screen from time to time. The fix for this is changing from on board memory (default) to using your profiles stored on your PC. It is a decent mouse if you haven't used a Naga yet but switching over from Naga to G600 or vice versa is awkward :p