Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else?

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Still hurt enough by the initial release that they dont plan to play the reinstallment?

This game is so off my radar, and i dont plan to play it at release, despite the fact that i have thox locked away somewhere deep in a closet...  Maybe its childish, but right now i really dont feel like returning and reliving the world that was released in such a painfull state. Thats how bad it was at release.

I just cant live with the idea... i am sorry but this is the only company that somehow totally ruined it by me, not going to spend another dime.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

You're entitled to your own opinion of course.

I already pre-ordered the new CE personally, and looking forward to launch.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Still hurt enough by the initial release that they dont plan to play the reinstallment?

This game is so off my radar, and i dont plan to play it at release, despite the fact that i have thox locked away somewhere deep in a closet...  Maybe its childish, but right now i really dont feel like returning and reliving the world that was released in such a painfull state. Thats how bad it was at release.

I just cant live with the idea... i am sorry but this is the only company that somehow totally ruined it by me, not going to spend another dime.

I Bought The CE at launch... bad decision.

I will try it again tho because why not?? They arnt making me buy again and giving me 30days to judge for myself along with beta.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Darn lag from the site cause re-post, sorry

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288
    I understand OP.  I really do.  I'm done with EA games for the same reason.  I was lucky though and didn't play FFXIV at launch so I'm giving ARR a try.  My question to you is, if the player base for this re-release gives it great reviews and you haven't found another MMO would you give it a chance?
  • CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    I've tried worse MMO's in the past decade, why should ARR get excluded.
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I would definitely be cautious about this game..

would I throw 40-70 dollars at it off the bat? thats an emphatic NO,due to the first release.Why someone would do such a thing,regardless of whether they played the first release or not ( I dodged that bullet) is beyond me.

If I hear mainly good things about it from the masses after release,then I may consider it.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

Is not easier to test it in the Open Beta at July instead wait others opinion? I prefer to make my own opinion about the game that depend on others taste.

• thundergodtthundergodt Member UncommonPosts: 31
    yes i will sub and play this again i might even rebuy it for the Ce bonus because its so cheap, the first FFXIV was good i had alot of fun on it. if this game is off anyone radar its only because they are into free to play games now. and no one lucked up by not buying 1.0 you missed out imo.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Well yes i am going to try it again.The whole problem for me was not as much about the game as others judged it ,it was more about me justifying playing what i think is an inferior game to FFXI.However i consider every game to be inferior to FFXI so not liek i am saying FFXIV is really bad,even at launch it wasn't really bad,still better than many games out there.

I find so many wanted a Wow with better graphics,no way was Square ever about copying others,but that is changing.

Now they are trying to incorporate the same yellow marker NPC's linear questing as everyone else.I hate that type of gaming but not like i have choice because 100% of he developers are all doing it.No figure so many want pvp now,they are tired of that design.

So i wouldn't blame Square too much here,they are going to offer exactly what everyone is doing in every otehr game ,only with better graphics and deeper systems.All the other games simply hover a yellow marker over the npcs and players mindlessly follow them around.

Square said ok,if this is what you want more of the same,they are going to add it in.

My complaints were much different,i didn't like  the many menu clicks to accomplish one task,the subtle changes to class and combat.You see i felt FFXI did class and combat MUCH better but needed some minor tweaks and it would have been untouchable by any game.

The whole problem with FFXIV as i see it, they were trying too hard to make stupid changes just to justify it being a NEW game and not a FFXI expansion pack.The Auction house was one idea i still cannot fathom any logic to it only that perhaps it was a cost saving idea.No matter they have AH now and our beloved Chocobo's will be back so no worries.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    just hold off until its released..
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Ralstlin

Is not easier to test it in the Open Beta at July instead wait others opinion? I prefer to make my own opinion about the game that depend on others taste.

Open beta's arent a big enough window,for me anyway..

Age of Conan seemed like a hit when playing through the starter zone....then it fell off the table.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Coated
    I've tried worse MMO's in the past decade, why should ARR get excluded.

LOL i am not as good as you at explaining things the simple way.This is how i feel exactly,like imo about 95% of the games out there are worse.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Give Yoshi-P a chance he's a MMO fanatic and knows the standards of MMOs. The first installment of FFXIV was ran by a producer that didn't know much about the standards. So far I like the game and the direction it's going, and really looking for all the class stories.
  • HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357

The most disturbing thing here is that someone has let a release of a video game affect them so much that after three years they're still unable to let go of the negativity, even when the game as they knew it doesn't exist any longer.

That's so....sad. My sympathies to the OP.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • shojikunshojikun Member Posts: 3

Hi OP,

Here the thing, there will be Open Beta, or heck Phase 3 were you can try the game if you want, for free, Phase 4 will be open beta, and since you have bought the game before, You can get to try it on release for 30 days free.

Go ahead, i was one like you too felt the launch mayhem as well, but when they change the producer/director to YoshiP, i gave them a chance, and you know what? it was the best thing ever happen for Square Enix.

I gave you my word here, is much more fun than what 1.0 launch was. 

You will be impress with ARR relaunch.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

if the open beta is a personal succes then i buy it.
    if i get a littlebit disapointed no way iam going to buy it.

you got the same option m8, i know....many mmo's we have played all looked good then after a few days / weeks / months its a deep disapointment.

What iam looking for in FF is their own magix, where FF is renown for.
    With FF 13 and FF 14 they showed nothing but major failures, but taking that failure offline and then rebuild if from the ground up is the last thing i expect from a studio.

This alone shows me there is still hope left, but it bears no meaning if FF ARR is worth buying.

So open beta will be a test....it better be worth it or SE might get into some real trouble.

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    I can appreciate how you feel on the matter.  I'll be playing it though, quite heavily.  I've been so impressed with what i've gotten my hands on that I just don't care about the garbage we were fed before.  I do hope you try it eventually though.
  • PreparedPrepared Member UncommonPosts: 103

I have not pre-ordered but I am definitely going to purchase at least one copy and possibly up to 20 or 25 copies of this game to multi-box.  If the game has all of the features that I like in an MMORPG, I will go all out on it.  WoW has reduced their features recently and caused the loss of 1.3 million subscribers.  Some say it's the direct result of what Ghostcrawler did to remove things like /follow from battlegrounds.  Whatever the reason, that game is still number one in terms of game play options.  The next game that is released that has all of what that game has, plus more; will beat it!  To date, no massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG) has been released that contains all of what WoW has so no one has been able to beat it.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

As someone who played at launch and continued to do so until the game was brought down, I just want to say something along the lines of "get over it".  xD   But honestly, I know how bad the first version was.

That development team is gone, and the new one has apologized profusely and went into great detail of their hubris and called themselves stupid.  They also gave the game great updates, made it free to play for a year before charging and took it from the worst MMO to a solid experience with one of the best advancing story elements via patch (and in terms of villains introduced) that I have ever played in a MMO.  

Since then I've been taken by their words, their humble nature and most of all the work they've shown that they can do.  They're offering the boxes cheap for newcomers, giving them for free (along with free game time) to players who had it and have spent tens of millions to not only completely redo the game and engine (as opposed to neglecting what was wrong and just making it a F2P cash grab) but also give a superb experience to players of the 1.0 version knowing they would take the version down and such work would be lost.   Not to mention the splendid ending cinematic they gave for their players at the end of the year long story they frequently patched and progressed.

Square admitted to not taking the MMO genre seriously with the release of the first version, and have since cut no corners and spared no expense to make things right not only for their fans but also their franchise.  They are probably one of the companies that I respect most nowadays what with reading every letter from the producer and the stories they shared of how the first was made and the journey of making that playable with frequent player polls and actually listening to players for the second version of the game A Realm Reborn.

The fact that the second tour video looked great is also a nice reinforcement in my respect for this remake.  With all that they did to reach out to me as a gamer and final fantasy fan, it is only suiting that I give them at least an opportunity to show me what they've made since they will give me a free copy of the game.  If one were to let the past judge their future, then it would be a shame as they could miss out on something that they may genuinely enjoy.  If one cannot forgive when ample apologies were given, then I again feel sorry as they may miss out of a great many things in life if they're prone to grudges.

They paid for their folly by practically condemning their most popular franchise with negative associations and it also costed them tens of millions.  But when you take a look at it, they took the path less traveled when faced with such adversary.  I would hope many would do the same and give them a second chance.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    I thought 1.0 was the worst MMO ever created, and even i am giving ARR a chance.
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JQ87KtH1G8  I think I'll give them another chance.
  • MaquiameMaquiame Member UncommonPosts: 1,073
    The only way you should not give this game a chance is if you prefer FFXI, otherwise you will be missing out. I didn't play 1.0 but I got into beta 2. The game is very solid one of the best looking mmo's ever (and will be on the market when it launches). This is going to be a beloved title and be the first FF mmo that isn't just with a niche following. They aren't doing anything to reinvent the wheel per se but they are doing everything right. You will be losing your money out of ignorance if you bought the first one and didn't at least try this one. Hell they are giving it to you  for free. That alone should be worth trying it.

Any mmo worth its salt should be like a good prostitute when it comes to its game world- One hell of a faker, and a damn good shaker!

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Cut your nose off to spite your face, really?  Yes the first installment was diabolical even I quit after a few weeks and SE recognized the damage it done.  I went back a few months later and enjoyed all the content that was implemented.  Yoshi P has done a great job with new client and has been in touch with the players via forums and even in the beta his character appeared and answered lots of questions from players, a new live stream is coming that will be broadcast in English this time.

I've already preordered ARR collectors edition for under £50, the original CE is selling up to £99.

If you bought into the original game then you can try ARR for the first 30 days, nothing lost in that sense.

What I don't understand is if people like the OP have no interest in buying ARR then why make a thread? or show any interest in the game by replying to the thread, its like telling people you are not interested but secretly telling yourself, "well I am really".   Silly, childish and nonsensical.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Alders
    I thought 1.0 was the worst MMO ever created, and even i am giving ARR a chance.

As I thought, it was only a matter of time.

Welcome back, Alderaan.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

It's off your radar and yet you post about how it's off your radar . You are my kind of guy. KEK!