Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Probably the best producers letter ever

evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Just read this, its pretty long, but it covers a lot of stuff - what has been happening since launch, immediate plans for the future, long term plans.

http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=896631

Lots of cool info, including that Gauntylgrym is due in a few weeks, and that a new class and paragon paths aren't far off on the horizon.

It was nice to see how candid they were about the issues they were having. Also looks like they are planning to drop the Open Beta tag in the not so distant future.

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

Good read! thanks for sharing.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

Yeah no. Nothing good about the said letter.

It translates to "Yeah we had a rough start, so what? Its normal. Now to be captain obvious theres stuff we need to add (duh) and stuff we need to fix (double duh), and sure the classes are not balanced...but we are probably working on that too. Dont leave us yet, theres going to some more stuff added...not that it changes the fact this game sucks"

Really, the producer said nothing that you should be praising. Obviously they need to fix the disaster of a game, obviously there are problems and exploits they need to address, obviously the game is missing content and classes. Why give him a pat on the butt for telling you what you already knew?

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by evilastro

Just read this, its pretty long, but it covers a lot of stuff - what has been happening since launch, immediate plans for the future, long term plans.

Lots of cool info, including that Gauntylgrym is due in a few weeks, and that a new class and paragon paths aren't far off on the horizon.

It was nice to see how candid they were about the issues they were having. Also looks like they are planning to drop the Open Beta tag in the not so distant future.

im realy lookin forward to see the new pvp area and the 20vs20 pvp :)

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,003
    Haven't played for awhile

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Best ever producers letter? Just because they said they have a lot of problems and are working on those and new issues as fast as they can? What is so best ever about that?

Seem pretty standard to me.

imageimage
  • marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

umm... normal? i don't see anything special about this one

• AxewielderxAxewielderx Member Posts: 96
    Does anyone really care? I mean, a lot of people left due some major issues. I left when I lost AD to the auction house and never received even a form letter response to my complaint. Still haven't, in fact. Worse customer service ever. You can paint poop gold but that don't make it smell any better.

If we fail to change the things of today, they will become the lucid nighmares of tommorrow.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

This is standard PR spin on Cryptic's part , they've been doing since CO. A lot of talk for the most part meant to mollify the masses. To their credit they are good at it. Enjoy the reading. 

• tokinitokini Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

This is standard PR spin on Cryptic's part , they've been doing since CO. A lot of talk for the most part meant to mollify the masses. To their credit they are good at it. Enjoy the reading. 

yep, cryptic is 'famous' for putting out these sort of coming soon lettersabout how great things will be down the road and in the weeks/months leading up to an update, usually the update is missing the vast majority of what they talked about, or is utterly broken, and of course they then go silent as players ask 'what happened to xyz?'...only to repeat the process in 6 months (at which point delusional players thank them and say how excited they are xyz is finally being put in...of course it wont be).

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

Best ever producers letter? Just because they said they have a lot of problems and are working on those and new issues as fast as they can? What is so best ever about that?

Standard typically involves ignoring issue or playing them off in a coy manor.

Still, I can't really say its the 'best ever' but its at least humble enough to admit problems which is a good thing at the very least, though its about addressing those issues and getting things patched up that matters.

• BraindomeBraindome Member UncommonPosts: 959

The only way this could have been a good letter is if they would have said they are wiping the servers and re-launching the game. Instead you have people that exploited to 60, used glitches to attain end game gear, flood market, dupe AD, and ruin the economy. Yet they will never admit or come right out and say this or do what actually needs to be done.

Truth is legit players have quit and cheaters are either manipulating the market with their dupes or have quit from boredom, population is down by "at least" 50%. Instead they will "band-aid" the major problems and bleed to death slowly as they attempt to cash grab whatever else they can. Great letter my foot.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by JoeyMMO

I am pretty sure he is talking about the detail of it all. I hardly see such detailed producers letters anymore.