Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AC2 Patch

https://www.asheronscall.com/en/content/ac2-beta-release-notes

Beta Update 2

• Dragging the chat window, radar window, pet window, or mini-fellowship window will no longer cause you client to disconnect from the server.
  • If you have mouse turning enabled, pressing both mouse buttons will now make your character run forward.
  • The Request Assistance button now takes you directly to our support website using your default browser.
  • Accounts now gain one additional character slot.
  • Floating landscape bits in East Gevoth have dropped to the ground.
  • PvP modifiers should now be in effect to reduce damage when fighting other players.
  • A number of systems and quests for Kingdom versus Kingdom should now be active.
  • The NPC Thromer from the quest Virindi Training has reappeared.
  • The NPC Teltawa from the quest Olthoi Scent has reappeared.
  • The NPC Theoter from the quest Fate of the Scholars has reappeared.
  • The NPC Naokim from the quest The Dark Agent has reappeared.
  • The Dereth Rally should no longer unload and restart if no one is standing in the area.
  • The Exultant Sting is now attuned.
  • The drop rates of the following trophies have been significantly increased:
    • Erobal Remains
    • Carenzi Furs
    • Carenzi Tails
    • Carenzi Teeth
    • Carenzi Hearts
    • Eli Shambler Eyes
    • Amethyst Gromnie Teeth
    • Ivory Gromnie Teeth
    • Spikeshark Spikes
    • Fearsome Beetle Carapaces
  • The following quests have had their XP increased, their time to complete removed, and have had a cancel button added:
    • The Ruins of the Sho Towns quest line
    • Erobal Remains
    • Revoke the Cursed Reabal
    • Revoke the Reabal
    • Slay the Tormented Fury
    • Stray Darkenfowl kill task
    • Servitor Spawn Kill Task
    • Puppet Spawn Kill Task
    • Surrogate Spawn Kill Task
    • Mimbu Kachem Kill Task
    • Parfal Nefane Kill Task
    • Listris Niffis Kill Task
    • Ulu Sclavus Kill Task
    • Faisi Scalvus Kill Task
    • Marsh Armoredillo Kill Task
    • Blighted Mucor Kill Task
    • Opor Niffis Kill Task
    • Opor Nefane Kill Task
  • The above Kill Tasks now share kills across fellowships

For those wondering as it seems to get asked a lot. They have no plans to do a player wipe coming out of beta so if you're interested there is no need to wait to jump in.

Comments

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Here is a post from another Dev about their current plans:

https://www.asheronscall.com/en/forums/showthread.php?60079-Just-found-out-AC2-was-back

One thing we'll be looking at is improving the flow of the game. What I mean by that is how easily you run into the quests, where they send you, and the rewards for doing them. Arwic is a good example of where the flow is not done all that well. From the moment you drop out on the top of that hill it will take you over 2 minutes (if you stop to do that obelisks as most people would) until you run into the NPCs who send you out on the various tasks. Then those directions are not the best, the Tanglefoot Vermin being another example of this. If you follow the directions and head North you will not run into them, yet that is what it tells you to do. So it can be a pretty slow and or frustrating start (I ran into all of that myself so I know how it can be).

Another example of flow is when you get to Omishan for the first time. You land on a continent with no NPCs around, run to a ringway and then an outpost again with no NPCs around. You finally make it all the way to Ikeras and what happens? An NPC asks you to go all the way back to the start of the continent and kill darkenfowl that you've already killed and offers a tiny reward in return. Instead a quest like that should greet you right when you land on the continent as that is when it is the most relevant and immediately gives you something to do.

An important thing to note is this doesn't mean we will make the game hold your hand all the way through. Players will still have to find quests, find where to go, and figure out how to complete them. But the quests should be intuitive and present themselves at a logical time and a logical order.

We are also actively looking into the XP of various quests as we feel solo play should allow a player to progress at a decent pace. Grouping will still remain a faster way to level, but solo needs to be brought up much closer than it currently is. You will see some quests in the upcoming patch that have had their xp boosted.

Drop rates are another area that needs a lot of improvement. The standard drop rate for quest items had been 5%. When you look at a quest that told you to collect 5 items that means an average of 100 mobs killed to collect those items. Yet the reward tends to match up to that of the kill 10 creatures task from the same town. Except for some rare and special items, the drop rates shouldn't be nearly so severe. Again with the upcoming patch you will see a few items have had their drop rates increased.

Another minor thing related to quests is that we plan to remove all of the completion timers that are long (example 6 days) with no time limit as well as add the cancel button to the quests. Players should be able to cancel a quest they aren't interested in instead of watching it time out ever so slowly and there is no need for a time limit if the limit is long. Short timers like 24 hours or less will remain as those are generally built in as part of the challenge for those particular quests.

The early goal will be to get the flow smoothed out and the XP adjusted where needed as there is a decent amount of tasks/quests around that are ignored for various reasons (people don't run into them until their low for their current level, the xp isn't worth it, etc.) that should be improved to give players more things to accomplish. This could come with some new tasks to compliment what is there/give more purpose to the different creatures around. Once that is complete or at least mostly complete we would likely look into adding new bigger content such as brand new dungeons.

And of course we will continue to work on the technical aspects of the game, to go along with the content work, as Sev has mentioned.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I wonder what their long term goals are for the whole product. Full relaunch? F2P B2P P2P? Any kind of graphics update?

Have they said what their big plans are yet? Or are they just kinda leaving it as is right now?

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

I wonder what their long term goals are for the whole product. Full relaunch? F2P B2P P2P? Any kind of graphics update?

Have they said what their big plans are yet? Or are they just kinda leaving it as is right now?

Not sure what you mean by full relaunch, this is already the entire AC2 game as it was when it shut down so it has been fully relaunched.

They have said many times that the plan is to keep one sub for both AC1 and AC2, the same way it is currently.

As for a graphics update, I would assume not. They haven't redone all of AC1's graphics and it is older.

I generally tell people who focus on the eye candy and not the substance that AC1/2 might not be for them. Those who want more depth/more options in their gameplay though have a great option with these two games. Those who focus only on graphics are the ones that buy each new MMO and play for 2 weeks until being bored with the shallow gameplay.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Biggest interest for me is if they ever release a Darktide FFA server thats for me realy only thing that interest me most.
  • GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by SnarlingWolf
    Originally posted by Fendel84M

Not sure what you mean by full relaunch, this is already the entire AC2 game as it was when it shut down so it has been fully relaunched.

They have said many times that the plan is to keep one sub for both AC1 and AC2, the same way it is currently.

As for a graphics update, I would assume not. They haven't redone all of AC1's graphics and it is older.

I generally tell people who focus on the eye candy and not the substance that AC1/2 might not be for them. Those who want more depth/more options in their gameplay though have a great option with these two games. Those who focus only on graphics are the ones that buy each new MMO and play for 2 weeks until being bored with the shallow gameplay.

And in the process destroying whole the genre with there dumbdown thinking ezmode instant cookies themeparks, even sandbox suffer from these ezmode zealots.