Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official post - when questing in other faction's zones won't even be able to see other faction's pla

15678911»

Comments

• JKwervoJKwervo Member Posts: 126
    Originally posted by ShakyMo

Oh the irony

Moaning about the game being "a daoc clone themepark"

Then using EQ as an example of "not a themepark"

EQ IS More themeparky than daoc. Vanilla EQ and daoc were very similar, but EQ turned towards instancing and endgame raid sets.

Of course TESO will be more themeparky than both though. But hopefully less so than other modern games like tsw, swtor, Neverwinter etc..

I'm thinking it will probably be gw2 done right.

Wishful thinking on your part. Lol
  • RogueCasterRogueCaster Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Well I'm back to wanting to skip this title altogether.  I always said "phasing" would be an issue for those seeking immersion.  Sure, if you can't PvP there's not much sense in seeing players from other factions, but how the HELL does making them not exist make up for it?

Stupid as fuck.  "Mega server" was just a lame buzzword all along.

Wow... I totally disagree. 

This totally takes away the grievers who will see the other faction and try to game the system.

WoW for example, players would try to stand in the opposite factions AE trying to trigger the PvP flag.

The biggest problem with MMOs is the players. Some players are simply disagreeable stupid morons with no life. Any method to keep the game fun by reigning in undesirables sounds good to me.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

Well I'm back to wanting to skip this title altogether.  I always said "phasing" would be an issue for those seeking immersion.  Sure, if you can't PvP there's not much sense in seeing players from other factions, but how the HELL does making them not exist make up for it?

this

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by RogueCaster

This totally takes away the grievers who will see the other faction and try to game the system.

WoW for example, players would try to stand in the opposite factions AE trying to trigger the PvP flag.

The biggest problem with MMOs is the players. Some players are simply disagreeable stupid morons with no life. Any method to keep the game fun by reigning in undesirables sounds good to me.

This game wont be for everyone. All MMOs are like that and to the people who are shocked ESO fits in the same boat as most MMOs, not for everyone. I say, go find a game you do like, not like there is any lack of MMOs.

• hMJemhMJem Member Posts: 465
    My main problem with MMOs is the lack of a lively or populated world. In a lot of games nowadays, I feel like I'm playing a single player game. I'm not fond of the "shards" on Neverwinter or Dragon Nest. I want to see people also exploring and questing. Don't ask why, maybe its because when I play MMO I dont want to feel like I'm playing a single player game. It ruins the experience for me if it feels like you're playing a game that's dead. I mean, call me crazy, but imagine if real life was instanced off? People right next to you in your city that you cant see because of phasing and sharding? I know, very obnoxious comparison, but I want to see people doing things, or interact with them, atleast something. I thought Vanilla WoW and EQ got that part right, to be honest.
  • Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle

This game wont be for everyone. All MMOs are like that and to the people who are shocked ESO fits in the same boat as most MMOs, not for everyone. I say, go find a game you do like, not like there is any lack of MMOs.

Except there is a lack of open world/sandbox element games. I have been trying to find a good one for years.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    There's a really really simple freaking way to solve the OwPvP debate. Give us two servers - a PVP server and a PVE server. Don't do this phasing technology crap. It breaks immersion for everyone. Instead, on PvP Servers everyone is flagged all the time in every zone everywhere. Those of us who enjoy PVP can PVP as we level in a beautiful open world. Those who enjoy PvE can quest in safety and enjoy the oppposite faction's zones without breaking immersion or worrying about dying. Win-win.  HELLO. Sometimes the old way of doing things just works - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by Margulis

Here is part of the interview that was released today with Matt Firor.  I'm not a pvp fan so I don't care about not being able to pvp in other zones, but not only will you not be able to pvp in other faction's zones, but you won't even be able to SEE the other faction when you are questing around at max level in THEIR zone?  What??

When playing through the other Alliances’ content at max level, will this experience be separated according to your original Alliance or will you be able to group with friends on the opposing faction?

When you are playing through “other Alliance” max-level content, you’ll be playing with characters like you: from your Alliance, who are all max-level. Every player you see will have come originally from your Alliance.

If you cannot play with the Alliance whose lands you are adventuring through, will this mean PvP in those zones or will the opposition faction players be out of phase?

No, you won’t see enemy players in any PvE area

Source:

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32287

Amazes me how difficfult it is for some players to understand why factions need to be separated in order to provide true immersion.  WoW taught them to quest and pvp in open zones - in the same zones, rather, since 2004, and I believe that tended to be the model for companies trying to save money and imagination by grouping everything together.

Because the reality is, if three realms are at war, their lower levels and even max level folks aren't going to be following quest lore on enemy turf any more than a Marine general is going to be studying archeology in Afghanistan with his wife and kids. 

C'mon people.  However, that being said - I think a short home invasion possiblity should be considered once all keeps are controlled by a realm.  That would give folks something to fight over in pvp zones!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Comaf

Amazes me how difficfult it is for some players to understand why factions need to be separated in order to provide true immersion.  WoW taught them to quest and pvp in open zones - in the same zones, rather, since 2004, and I believe that tended to be the model for companies trying to save money and imagination by grouping everything together.

Because the reality is, if three realms are at war, their lower levels and even max level folks aren't going to be following quest lore on enemy turf any more than a Marine general is going to be studying archeology in Afghanistan with his wife and kids. 

C'mon people.  However, that being said - I think a short home invasion possiblity should be considered once all keeps are controlled by a realm.  That would give folks something to fight over in pvp zones!

It amazes me that some players don't undrstand how some people "don't care".

I don't care about realm pride. Ever. Don't care. It's very difficult for me to care about a side filled with people I don't like.

What I do care about is guild pride. Clan pride. The pride of like minded people that have your back.

You "think" that your realm is going to be supportive and cohesive but I posit that won't happen.

Mabye in your past experience that happened but players were different back then. Now they are dilluted with other players who are only interested in fat lootz and getting what's comign to them.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Pixel_Jockey

Except there is a lack of open world/sandbox element games. I have been trying to find a good one for years.

You keep saying that but you keep coming to this forums. If you are looking for a sandbox game, why do you keep reading about a themepark game? If I were you, I would be reading up on AA and EQN. Or going to play Mortal Online now.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by JimmyYO
    Damn you WoW for your overuse of phasing, now everyone is trying to dig their own graves.......... This game had a chance of being a decent sandbox but looks like that chance is officially over.

While I'm not a fan of the phasing either, since when did this game have a chance of being a sandbox at all?  lol.  Maybe before they started any development on it?  everything in the development cycle and decision making process has been tailored towards a theme park experience.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by Comaf
    Originally posted by Margulis

Here is part of the interview that was released today with Matt Firor.  I'm not a pvp fan so I don't care about not being able to pvp in other zones, but not only will you not be able to pvp in other faction's zones, but you won't even be able to SEE the other faction when you are questing around at max level in THEIR zone?  What??

When playing through the other Alliances’ content at max level, will this experience be separated according to your original Alliance or will you be able to group with friends on the opposing faction?

When you are playing through “other Alliance” max-level content, you’ll be playing with characters like you: from your Alliance, who are all max-level. Every player you see will have come originally from your Alliance.

If you cannot play with the Alliance whose lands you are adventuring through, will this mean PvP in those zones or will the opposition faction players be out of phase?

No, you won’t see enemy players in any PvE area

Source:

http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32287

lol realm pride...ill stab your back if it was possible in gameplay so i could get that sword of truths your holding even if your the same race as me.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by tkreep

lol realm pride...ill stab your back if it was possible in gameplay so i could get that sword of truths your holding even if your the same race as me.

Perfect example:

Aion is a faction vs faction game. I've been playing since closed beta (on and off).

I always found people who were willing to kill steal, scam you, contact the other side or just know people on the other side and "trade points" etc.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

Originally posted by Leiloni
    There's a really really simple freaking way to solve the OwPvP debate. Give us two servers - a PVP server and a PVE server. Don't do this phasing technology crap. It breaks immersion for everyone. Instead, on PvP Servers everyone is flagged all the time in every zone everywhere. Those of us who enjoy PVP can PVP as we level in a beautiful open world. Those who enjoy PvE can quest in safety and enjoy the oppposite faction's zones without breaking immersion or worrying about dying. Win-win.  HELLO. Sometimes the old way of doing things just works - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

normally i would agree with you but it seems to me the way they have it set up with how huge cyrodiil is, i don't see it as a problem.

from the sounds of it cyrodiil wil be every bit as large as the other pve areas and feature pve content as well.

if you allow open pvp in the entire world it kind of defeats the purpose of what they are doing in cyrodiil and will make those epic battles not as epic because people wont go there as much for pvp.

bottom line is, until we see just how big cyrodiil actually is, how it works exactly, and what kind of pve content it offers, we really do not know how it will be and people are just here jumping to conclusions like they always do (shocker!).

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I won't buy a game with a wow style pvp setup. E.g. pve server, simple flick a switch "pvp" servers and a few instanced match bullshit.

Won't buy it.

Had 9 years of that shit. It's boring.
  • Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by Pixel_Jockey

You keep saying that but you keep coming to this forums. If you are looking for a sandbox game, why do you keep reading about a themepark game? If I were you, I would be reading up on AA and EQN. Or going to play Mortal Online now.

Thanks for the advice! Helpful as always Nan. 

• nuthanutha Member UncommonPosts: 47

So nothing has changed with PvP(Cyrodiil), and PvE just got a whole lot bigger. Where is the problem? Unless you were misinformed or uninformed this shouldn't be anything to complain about.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Not much of an MMO then :s
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Jorl
    Not much of an MMO then :s

But...

• nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by Horusra
    If the game is quality then the TES crowd will not matter that much.  If the game is not...well the game will tank like it should then.

Agree.

Why don't they just have PvE and PvP servers with open world PvP? Worked in WoW.

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
    24k subs YouTube Gaming channel

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    No it didnt
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It's looking like this game won't be out until around the Thanksgiving/Christmas Holidays, from all the interviews it seems they're a ways off yet to being able to release.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot