Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Tanks: Artillery to Be Overhauled in v8.6

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming has revealed some of the big changes coming to World of Tanks with the next update. Artillery will feel more balanced to players after the update, something they have been asking about for a long while.

Current tier 8 SPGs will be promoted to tier X, while the newly introduced SPGs in Update 8.6 will take their place in the middle tiers. The American tech tree will be bolstered with M44 and M53/55 artillery units, while the Soviet line will be filled out with SU-122A and SU-14-1. The German tech line will be strengthened with three machines: 10.5 GW Mk.IV(e), Pz.Sfl.IVb, and G.W.Tiger (P). Lastly, the French will receive AMX Obusier automoteur de 105 and Bat.Chatillon155 (55) artilleries.

Keep an eye on the World of Tanks for more information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    I can see it now. Whole teams of arty and tank destroyers for days after the patch

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Artys are limited to 4 per side i believe..

plus they are getting nerfed a bit more with this patch.. or possibly. Checkout the thread abotu the super test on the WOT forums.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    I haven't played wot in about a year and they were talking about doing this back then. Considering how much money that company makes they're sure in no rush to get anything done.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Originally posted by Caldrin

plus they are getting nerfed a bit more with this patch.. or possibly. Checkout the thread abotu the super test on the WOT forums.

Originally posted by DamonVile
    I haven't played wot in about a year and they were talking about doing this back then. Considering how much money that company makes they're sure in no rush to get anything done.

Caldrin 5 artillery per side.

DamonVile they are making changes NOT because the playerbase wanted them for years but because Warthunder is upping it's game with ground vehicles.

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461
    Originally posted by MMOGamer1971

Originally posted by Caldrin

Originally posted by DamonVile

Caldrin 5 artillery per side.

DamonVile they are making changes NOT because the playerbase wanted them for years but because Warthunder is upping it's game with ground vehicles.

It doesn't help that WarThunder isn't ruining their product with artillery that have GPS-guided shells like World of Artillery has...oops i meant "Tanks".

Seriously though, one of the worst aspects of WOT that has had it broken in the eyes of thousands since the 2nd patch after launch was Artillery.

1900dmg gauranteed damage shells being lobbed across the map at almost 90degrees over hills in tierX matches is simply rediculous. 

I won't even mention how Tier7 tanks are being matched against tier9 armor that simply splits on them to explode. Not even sure how a Tiger can compete against an is-8 or an e-75. Honestly, why?

:|

• HoliceHolice Member UncommonPosts: 116
    I take it many people have not played WoT recently. Artillery is no longer the be all end all of the game. Sure they can get lucky shots but they have been tweaked, and with the new powerful fast attack tanks, Arty is not a pleasure cruise sitting safely in the back anymore.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Holice
    I take it many people have not played WoT recently. Artillery is no longer the be all end all of the game. Sure they can get lucky shots but they have been tweaked, and with the new powerful fast attack tanks, Arty is not a pleasure cruise sitting safely in the back anymore.

Arty are still skilless trollhards who for the most part play for kills not for the win. I've played too many games in a tier 7 or tier 8 where the arty (all of them) focused on me when the tier 10 right next to me was chugging along in full view in the open. And before you ask: the arty was higher than tier 5 so they could splash damage most tier 10s quite reliably.

• TimeBanditBGTimeBanditBG Member UncommonPosts: 14
    5 artys per team
  • HoliceHolice Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    Originally posted by Holice

Arty are still skilless trollhards who for the most part play for kills not for the win. I've played too many games in a tier 7 or tier 8 where the arty (all of them) focused on me when the tier 10 right next to me was chugging along in full view in the open. And before you ask: the arty was higher than tier 5 so they could splash damage most tier 10s quite reliably.

Won't disagree with you that many arty are self serving, but many tankers are too. Like when an IS-7 or T110 go for the Tier 8 lowe instead of slugging it out with other Tier 10s. Unfortunately the game rewards based on individual performance instead of a flat rate, with minor bonuses for individual performance, and there is no negative for being a solo oriented player in a team game.

• alex90jalex90j Member Posts: 1
    I just love those newbie's that cry that arty is OP lol,learn how to take cover and don't rush we arty's have 20 sec (if not more) reload time,and those 1k damage hits they don't happen too often.