Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Losing interest...

JerkbagJerkbag Member UncommonPosts: 26

so i've been pumped for this time since the time it was announced as i am a big ES fan and mmo player, but i think the way the are marketing it is rather terrible in my opinion ... i feel like there is a massive lack of news and updates thus giving it no hype or interest from people browsing for a new mmo, now perhaps that is because the release date is maybe further towards the end of the year and i don't have the content or the answers to give 

whereas another new MMO Wildstar has taken my fancy releases new updates regularly though that seems to be in the beta stage so release may be sooner giving them more stuff to talk about though i also think ESO is also in CBT?

I guess what i'm trying to say is they need to market there game better because i fear ALOT of people are losing interest or haven't even heard of it yet and i'm worried they are going to hit the ground running and right now im more likely to play wildstar then ESO because of it

it baffles me that an elder scrolls game with so many fans and followers only has a current hype on this website of 8.20 below games like Path of Exile  and World of Darkness.

Maybe i rate the elder scrolls franchise to highly and have unreasonable expectations i dont know...maybe its to early to give out any sort of info...

What you you guys think?

P.S Developer questions? really? WTF is that? "what's the grossest ingredient you're character has ever tasted in and Elder Scrolls game" i think i speak for majority when i say who cares? i think they are upto developer question number 24  thats 24 dumb questions..... that's not what we want we want info and answer OUR questions don't ask your own.... hows the game coming along ? what did you focus on in development this past month? give us something..

I could be completely wrong here but this just my opinion

Comments

• VaporsVapors Member UncommonPosts: 407
    Originally posted by Jerkbag

so i've been pumped for this time since the time it was announced as i am a big ES fan and mmo player, but i think the way the are marketing it is rather terrible in my opinion ... i feel like there is a massive lack of news and updates thus giving it no hype or interest from people browsing for a new mmo, now perhaps that is because the release date is maybe further towards the end of the year and i don't have the content or the answers to give 

whereas another new MMO Wildstar has taken my fancy releases new updates regularly though that seems to be in the beta stage so release may be sooner giving them more stuff to talk about though i also think ESO is also in CBT?

I guess what i'm trying to say is they need to market there game better because i fear ALOT of people are losing interest or haven't even heard of it yet and i'm worried they are going to hit the ground running and right now im more likely to play wildstar then ESO because of it

it baffles me that an elder scrolls game with so many fans and followers only has a current hype on this website of 8.20 below games like Path of Exile  and World of Darkness.

Maybe i rate the elder scrolls franchise to highly and have unreasonable expectations i dont know...maybe its to early to give out any sort of info...

What you you guys think?

P.S Developer questions? really? WTF is that? "what's the grossest ingredient you're character has ever tasted in and Elder Scrolls game" i think i speak for majority when i say who cares? i think they are upto developer question number 24  thats 24 dumb questions..... that's not what we want we want info and answer OUR questions don't ask your own.... hows the game coming along ? what did you focus on in development this past month? give us something..

Not everyone will play or even don't like this wow looking MMO, called Wildstar

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

don't get worked up about new MMORPGs you will just get upset when they are released.

• CoatedCoated Member UncommonPosts: 507
    Originally posted by Caldrin

don't get worked up about new MMORPGs you will just get upset when they are released.

This. For both Wildstar and ESO.

• JerkbagJerkbag Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Originally posted by Vapors

What you you guys think?

graphics are alot like WoW, offers alot of different features... the hype  says otherwise and i for one will be playing it

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    At least you didn't say loosing.
  • WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

What you you guys think?

graphics are alot like WoW, offers alot of different features... the hype  says otherwise and i for one will be playing it

Define 'lots". Other than housing what other 'lots' of features are there? if anything it is the only MMO which deserves the title of 'WOW clone'.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Was sceptical anyway, dint like some things i was seeing.
    And the more i saw the more i disliked it.

If this is going to be a sub based mmo, then you might wait a few months before it goes Free to Play.
    It wont last long just like many mmo's.
    Dint play it yet, but seeing reactions on multiple forums you can already tell that not all people like the way its heading.

But then again.....WoW's best days where not when it reached 12.7 million subs....it was when it started with 300k / 500k subs untill they ripped apart community's.
    And added spoodfed options.

So wait and see, but studio's try to compare themselves with Blizzard and think it might happen again and that reaching millions and millions of subs can be done again.
    I call this pure bullshit anyway.

Will not happen, Blizzard had a major fanbase + it came out at the right time.
    These days people play many diffrent mmo's and the sooner studio's start to temper their expectations and copy less and less from WoW the better it is.

Not saying ESO is WoW or a copy, but they need to quit comparing it to WoW.
    A mmo can be great with 500k players.

Want to succeed as studio these days ? dont listen to casuals, make a hardcore game and stick with your plan.
    The harder it is the more you respect players and the more you are satisfied with your progress.

I hope ESO follows the path of the most resistance instead of looking at succesfull mmo's.
    But the way things look it already to late :/

Originally posted by Mothanos

Was sceptical anyway, dint like some things i was seeing.
    And the more i saw the more i disliked it.

If this is going to be a sub based mmo, then you might wait a few months before it goes Free to Play.
    It wont last long just like many mmo's.
    Dint play it yet, but seeing reactions on multiple forums you can already tell that not all people like the way its heading.

But then again.....WoW's best days where not when it reached 12.7 million subs....it was when it started with 300k / 500k subs untill they ripped apart community's.
    And added spoodfed options.

So wait and see, but studio's try to compare themselves with Blizzard and think it might happen again and that reaching millions and millions of subs can be done again.
    I call this pure bullshit anyway.

Will not happen, Blizzard had a major fanbase + it came out at the right time.
    These days people play many diffrent mmo's and the sooner studio's start to temper their expectations and copy less and less from WoW the better it is.

Not saying ESO is WoW or a copy, but they need to quit comparing it to WoW.
    A mmo can be great with 500k players.

Want to succeed as studio these days ? dont listen to casuals, make a hardcore game and stick with your plan.
    The harder it is the more you respect players and the more you are satisfied with your progress.

I hope ESO follows the path of the most resistance instead of looking at succesfull mmo's.
    But the way things look it already to late :/

Industry leads by example. How many hardcore MMOS you know which helped studios succeed? because it is the success stories which inspire other studios.

Gotto love how arm chair experts give advice to companies on how to succeed.

Having a bad day whitebeards?
    Having a bad day whitebeards?

Trying to bring logic into discussions.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Yes aint it, becuase those money grabbing marketeers knows exacly what we as gamers want.
    Just look at those hundred million dollar made mmo's out there and how they fall down 2 months after release.

Iam not saying we as gamers know how to do it, but the way they are producing mmo's aint going to last much longer.
    Free to play a new era has kicked in, maybe buy to play like GW2.
    But what most dev tend to ignore is what do players realy want ?
    Instead they look at all the wrong places....

• ShubawkssShubawkss Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Whitebeards

What you you guys think?

Define 'lots". Other than housing what other 'lots' of features are there? if anything it is the only MMO which deserves the title of 'WOW clone'.

You can't be serious.. Wildstar has a shit ton of things that other MMOs don't, or haven't done correctly. Housing looks great, War Plots, Guild Housing, Path/Race/Class combinations.. when was the last time you heard of an "Explorer"? Seriously, give the game a chance before you go off calling it a clone of a 9 year old MMO. Heck, the combat is COMPLETELY different from WoW as well.

What you you guys think?

Well i disagree im not going to list the features that are different feel free to look them up yourself, there is alot...

WoW is the most successful MMO to follow in their footsteps isn't a bad thing in my eyes alot of people a tired of WoW and are looking for a game like WoW but different i mean... look a pepsi thats still around.......wheres SWTOR, etc etc etc etc etc etc?

Originally posted by Mothanos

Yes aint it, becuase those money grabbing marketeers knows exacly what we as gamers want.

And you think gamers know what they want? if anything gamers are the most fickle bunch and not one MMO is going to make them happy because the only 'perfect' MMO exists in their head. 

Originally posted by Jerkbag

Well i disagree im not going to list the features that are different feel free to look them up yourself, there is alot...

WoW is the most successful MMO to follow in their footsteps isn't a bad thing in my eyes alot of people a tired of oW and are looking for a game like WoW but different i mean... look a pepsi thats still around.......wheres SWTOR, etc etc etc etc etc etc?

Funny you mentioned SWTOR which is labeled as 'WOW in space'. Even SWTOR had a lot of features which WOW didn't have but that didn't save it.

We can list SWTOR and WIldstar features side by side if you like and you will realise WIldstar is more similar to WOW than any other MMO which has been labeled as WOW clone in the past.

" SWTOR which is labeled as 'WOW in space" your kidding?

"We can list SWTOR and WIldstar features side by side if you like and you will realise WIldstar is more similar to WOW than any other MMO which has been labeled as WOW clone in the past."

WoW is the most successful MMO to follow in their footsteps isn't a bad thing in my eyes alot of people a tired of WoW and are looking for a game like WoW

i think you actually havent looking into wildstar at all

you're either a bad troll or stupid

Anywya this thread has gone offtrack/// 

"We can list SWTOR and WIldstar features side by side if you like and you will realise WIldstar is more similar to WOW than any other MMO which has been labeled as WOW clone in the past."

WoW is the most successful MMO to follow in their footsteps isn't a bad thing in my eyes alot of people a tired of WoW and are looking for a game like WoW

No i am not kidding. Did you just switch on the internet or something? SWTOR also tried to follow in footsteps of WOW, so did Rift and almost any other MMO in last 6 to 7 years. So nope it won't consider following in footsteps of WOW a good thing.

And now now...no need to call me names. Usually when people go that route it means they got nothing better to say.

And yes i did look into Wildstar, infact i was one of the few players who got to play the very first demo at PAX. 

But i am confused why are you angry? because i said Wildstar feels very much like WOW? because according to you many are looking for a game like WOW.  And then you tell me to go look into Wildstar.

i think your getting confused with mmorpg's and the term wow clone

what game to you isn't a clone of wow?

where you have a character that you level up and use wasd to move?

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319

Well i disagree im not going to list the features that are different feel free to look them up yourself, there is alot...

WoW is the most successful MMO to follow in their footsteps isn't a bad thing in my eyes alot of people a tired of WoW and are looking for a game like WoW but different i mean... look a pepsi thats still around.......wheres SWTOR, etc etc etc etc etc etc?

I never agreed with the term 'WOW clone' in the past. That term has been thrown around a lot even when it is not relevant. But like i said earlier in case of Wildstar atleast  it has some relevance. 

Originally posted by Zalmon

i fail to see how swtor had the depth of WoW and the many features that WoW has 

I never agreed with the term 'WOW clone' in the past. That term has been thrown around a lot even when it is not relevant. But like i said earlier in case of Wildstar atleast  it has some relevance. 

i think the graphics are a clone but updated for the better 

and things like 20man 40man raids, and difficult dungeons in general which i think is greatly missed in mmo games today

i think most of the likely ness of wow is for the better 

• RemainsRemains Member UncommonPosts: 375

Damn, this thread got derailed fast...

Anyway, it is a bit strange how quiet it is about this game. I think they got scared by the negative reactions to the game when they announced it, so they pulled their heads back in. And ye, the dev questions seems to mostly be about hilariously irrelevant stuff. image

Still, its been in development for years, right? So it should come out "soonish" then? Personally I cant wait for the usual nerdrage and shenanigans for the launch, as with any other MMO-launch.

Originally posted by Remains

Damn, this thread got derailed fast...

Anyway, it is a bit strange how quiet it is about this game. I think they got scared by the negative reactions to the game when they announced it, so they pulled their heads back in. And ye, the dev questions seems to mostly be about hilariously irrelevant stuff. image

Still, its been in development for years, right? So it should come out "soonish" then? Personally I cant wait for the usual nerdrage and shenanigans for the launch, as with any other MMO-launch.

thats what i mean though, most people i think would be losing interest in the game due to its quietness 

ofcourse theres the avid ES fans still holding on and one would assume its is due to release in 2013 so less then 7 months left 

imo and MMO needs abit more hype an attention for release

• SilverbarrSilverbarr Member Posts: 306

No i am not kidding. Did you just switch on the internet or something? SWTOR also tried to follow in footsteps of WOW, so did Rift and almost any other MMO in last 6 to 7 years. So nope it won't consider following in footsteps of WOW a good thing.

And now now...no need to call me names. Usually when people go that route it means they got nothing better to say.

And yes i did look into Wildstar, infact i was one of the few players who got to play the very first demo at PAX. 

But i am confused why are you angry? because i said Wildstar feels very much like WOW? because according to you many are looking for a game like WOW.  And then you tell me to go look into Wildstar.

I'm quite confused by your statements, as you state that you were here to "bring logic back to the discussion" and yet all I see is gross hyperbole. No logical deductions as to why or how you came to your "logical conclusion" other than a broad and hardly solid statement of stating that you "played WildStar at PAX" and yet you give no true indication as to why you are giving it the moniker of "WoW Clone".

So please, if you are here with any logic then show us the path and steps that your logic took to get to the final statement that you seem to stubbornly hold on to. :)

"Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!"
    - Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Support the Indie Developers - Kickstarter