Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMOGrinder Review

MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

ChaosD1 posted his review of Neverwinter earlier today.  You can watch it here: http://mmogrinder.net/2013/05/17/neverwinter-episode-43/.

I ask everyone who is interested in the game (or hates on it just for being developed by Cryptic and/or published by Perfect World Entertainment) to watch this video.  This goes double for the people who say the game "sucks" without giving any evidence.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Comments

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475

This guys review is absolutely terrible.

He hasn't even got at PC that will play it on top settings either.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Uhm they hate ad blockers. Sorry. Didn't watch it, maybe if they used youtube or something that wouldn't prevent watching if the ad is blocked.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by DrDwarf

Ok, why do you think it is terrible?

• TiconzTiconz Member UncommonPosts: 120
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Lack of end game content once you hit over 10k gearscore?  Only one path to play in each class so that you have to buy a respec token once they finally do decide to put them in.  Limited classes?  Too easy to level?

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by skimatix

Lack of end game content once you hit over 10k gearscore?  Only one path to play in each class so that you have to buy a respec token once they finally do decide to put them in.  Limited classes?  Too easy to level?

Foundry, you donno about the respect tokens, content is coming and you've also got the foundry/RP guilds to look towards for more content to nom on in the mean time.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Foundry, you donno about the respect tokens, content is coming and you've also got the foundry/RP guilds to look towards for more content to nom on in the mean time.

Ooooo you mean the the playstyle that is such in a minority that usually there is only one guild per server or one server amoung dozes that support the RP playstyle?  Foundry is limited and should NEVER subsitute for endgame content when most of it is crap, lacks any immersion or any sort of story, is far too limited, or how its Cryptic's excuse for piss poor "Cryptic content."

If they wanted the Foundry to be a form of content then they should have made it where players ccan make persistent worlds and full freedom.  In other words they should have done a NWN3 where it's an RPG game with online multiplayer capability and not an on railds generic themepark MMO that is an IP cash grab like SWTOR.

[mod edit]

Im totally with you in having no time or tolerance for certain things.  The way you feel about people rushing through content is how I feel about people making assumptions.

1)   In the 20's bracket, you can win 3 matches and gain a level... that is absurd, gaining around 3.5k experience per match.

2)  Doing a set of maybe 5- 7 quests will almost gain you a whole level.

I am casually playing the game and i'm already halfway to 60 and I have spent less than a week doing every aspect of the game.  ( foundry, pvp, quests, skirmishes, dungeons )

So.. how am I supposed to lvl any slower than that?

All my friends started the game at launch, hit 60, and got their gear score to 10k easily.  Hitting that mark, you can beat any of the T2's and are left to grind the same dungeons every day to min/max your set when it is not needed?   That is the end game you are speaking of?  

[mod edit]

• deveilbladdeveilblad Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    [mod edit]

Im totally with you in having no time or tolerance for certain things.  The way you feel about people rushing through content is how I feel about people making assumptions.

1)   In the 20's bracket, you can win 3 matches and gain a level... that is absurd, gaining around 3.5k experience per match.

I am casually playing the game and i'm already halfway to 60 and I have spent less than a week doing every aspect of the game.  ( foundry, pvp, quests, skirmishes, dungeons )

All my friends started the game at launch, hit 60, and got their gear score to 10k easily.  Hitting that mark, you can beat any of the T2's and are left to grind the same dungeons every day to min/max your set when it is not needed?   That is the end game you are speaking of?  

[mod edit]

I've been playing fairly regularly since a few days before "open beta" and my highest character is only 40.  I've leveled others up to at least 20, as well.  So, sorry, but anyone who has already gotten to 60 AND are fully decked out in the top tier gear ARE poop socking cat asses and I usually don't care what their opinion on how much end game content there is or how easy it is to level.  This happens in every new MMO.  Cat asses race to the end, consume all content then bitch and moan until they leave for the next new MMO.  Rinse and repeat.

The fact you level really really slowly doesnt give you the right to insult people that leveled at a normal rate.... Because I did not play 10 hours a day ( not even two id you average ) and I am 60... I'm not geared or anything but I AM 60 and took my time... Bit maybe MY definition of taking my time is your definition of ultra mega rush to endgame.. I dont know...

I've been playing fairly regularly since a few days before "open beta" and my highest character is only 40.  I've leveled others up to at least 20, as well.  So, sorry, but anyone who has already gotten to 60 AND are fully decked out in the top tier gear ARE poop socking cat asses and I usually don't care what their opinion on how much end game content there is or how easy it is to level.  This happens in every new MMO.  Cat asses race to the end, consume all content then bitch and moan until they leave for the next new MMO.  Rinse and repeat.

I'm glad you are having fun making tons of alts but that isn't something that is appealing to everyone.  The amount of time you have spent on all your characters is more time than it takes someone to hit 60 and get all that gear.  I get attached to my character and I like playing THAT character.  I also get into RP so its another reason why I like being a single character in a game.  Recycling the same exact content from character to character doesn't justify not having  end game content.  I can see your point about someone who gets the max lvl in a single day but when you can casually play a game and hit max lvl in less than two weeks, I can't see how a foundry will keep a game running for years.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by deveilblad
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

The fact you level really really slowly doesnt give you the right to insult people that leveled at a normal rate.... Because I did not play 10 hours a day ( not even two id you average ) and I am 60... I'm not geared or anything but I AM 60 and took my time... Bit maybe MY definition of taking my time is your definition of ultra mega rush to endgame.. I dont know...

Sorry, but I didn't grind on the Ogre-in-a-box exploited Foundry missions.  I'm willing to bet a fair number of people that are 60 did.  My average daily time spent so far has been about 2-3 hours, which is fairly high for a normal human being.  Theres no way someone who is now 60 and is fully decked out in epics DIDN'T rush their way there, exploits and all.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

I'm glad you are having fun making tons of alts but that isn't something that is appealing to everyone.  The amount of time you have spent on all your characters is more time than it takes someone to hit 60 and get all that gear.  I get attached to my character and I like playing THAT character.  I also get into RP so its another reason why I like being a single character in a game.  Recycling the same exact content from character to character doesn't justify not having  end game content.  I can see your point about someone who gets the max lvl in a single day but when you can casually play a game and hit max lvl in less than two weeks, I can't see how a foundry will keep a game running for years.

See my comments about the ogre-in-a-box Foundry missions.  Take those, and all the other exploits people used, away and theres far fewer max level players. 

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I have to admit, I really enjoyed his review.

It was very fact on. With opinions seperate from game features.

Better than a lot Ive see on this site...wait did I really say that.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by deveilblad

[mod edit]

[mod edit]

Sorry, but I didn't grind on the Ogre-in-a-box exploited Foundry missions.  I'm willing to bet a fair number of people that are 60 did.  My average daily time spent so far has been about 2-3 hours, which is fairly high for a normal human being.  Theres no way someone who is now 60 and is fully decked out in epics DIDN'T rush their way there, exploits and all.

Apparently you missed the whole "I beat the game" thread of someone who didn't use any exploits nor bought their leveling and got completely decked out in T2 gear.  Leveling is a joke in the game.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

No no no, why the review is terrible.

Originally posted by Hokie

I have to admit, I really enjoyed his review.

It was very fact on. With opinions seperate from game features.

Better than a lot Ive see on this site...wait did I really say that.

Yea, like that, an opinion on the review and a reason behind the opinion (which is why ChaosD1's review is better than most on this site Hokie, he actually uses facts and tries to keep his opinions about the game and game features seperate, taking care to say "This game has action combat that uses a unique hotkey plaecement not seen in other action combat MMOs" rather than "This game is better than all other action combat MMOs due to its unique hotkey placements".

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

ChaosD1 posted his review of Neverwinter earlier today.  You can watch it here: http://mmogrinder.net/2013/05/17/neverwinter-episode-43/.

I ask everyone who is interested in the game (or hates on it just for being developed by Cryptic and/or published by Perfect World Entertainment) to watch this video.  This goes double for the people who say the game "sucks" without giving any evidence.

Yeah, He has a decent short review of the game and his experience was similar to mine. However, He has no clue what's waiting for him when he gets to the end game.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/384641/Well-I-did-it-Ive-beaten-Neverwinter-On-my-Guardian-Fighter.html

I've finished the game and due to some people stating that I haven't truly "beaten" the game without obtaining full R7 enchants. I've personally gone back onto my character and truly finished my character now with its full R7 enchants. There's truly nothing else for me to do now. I've spent a much time as I possibly can on this game and can only say that this game still does not have enough content to keep a true MMO gamer content.

Anyways, back to playing LOTRO.

You mentioned in the thread you linked that you played for about 75 hours.  I'm assuming you played for 5+ hours each time?  If someone, like me, plays only 2-3 hours at a time, its going to take well over a month to reach max level and get geared out, which is fairly normal these days for MMOs.  Sorry, but you are not a normal gamer.  Saying that there's not enough to do when you devoured everything at break neck speed means nothing.  [mod edit]

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.

You mentioned in the thread you linked that you played for about 75 hours.  I'm assuming you played for 5+ hours each time?  If someone, like me, plays only 2-3 hours at a time, its going to take well over a month to reach max level and get geared out, which is fairly normal these days for MMOs.  Sorry, but you are not a normal gamer.  Saying that there's not enough to do when you devoured everything at break neck speed means nothing.  Go outside, get some sun and empty out that sock.

So what you are saying is that a month is the expected life span for playing an MMO these days?  I find that to be extremely short and any MMO that can be finished in that time is lacking content.

And here we go again with the passive aggressive insult since someone has views that disagree with their own.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416
    Originally posted by furbans
    Originally posted by Dihoru

Ooooo you mean the the playstyle that is such in a minority that usually there is only one guild per server or one server amoung dozes that support the RP playstyle?  Foundry is limited and should NEVER subsitute for endgame content when most of it is crap, lacks any immersion or any sort of story, is far too limited, or how its Cryptic's excuse for piss poor "Cryptic content."

If they wanted the Foundry to be a form of content then they should have made it where players ccan make persistent worlds and full freedom.  In other words they should have done a NWN3 where it's an RPG game with online multiplayer capability and not an on railds generic themepark MMO that is an IP cash grab like SWTOR.

The Foundry (If you actually used it) is absolutely amazing at extending the content within Neverwinter to a point that will always be out of reach to any type of player.

The tools are there to create whatever your imagination wants, I have played Foundry quests and then wondered "How on earth did they do that" I have listened to too many posters like yourself that believe wrongly that the Foundry tools are limited and unable to provide quality content to the player base.

Forget the quests that where created to abuse the system, any idiot can create those and have ppl utilizing them to lvl quickly, if your happy to do that then your doing yourself a huge disservice, there are some top quality Foundry authors out there who are taking just as much pride in their work as those that work for Cryptic.

When ppl are crapping all over the Foundry they seem to forget about the modding community out there, who have extended the gaming life of many old co-op games.

It seems to me your skimming the surface of the Foundry.

More MMO's need to add features like this to their games, it may upset the Raiding elite because they fear their end-game content is being left in the hands of amateurs, but most of those amateurs would do a far better job of it than half of the paid staff.