Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Visualizing a Year In Game

2»

Comments

• scrittyscritty Member Posts: 89

Seems people come on this site to moan.

Great - have a good moan. But don't talk rubbish.

D2 players may not be the demographic that like D3 the most - but it is still a HUGE game and financially and in terms of the number of players it still has a year after release - it's doing very well indeed.

"It's not a patch on D2" should always be suffixed with "IMO"

Because in the opinion of the millions (and it is millions) still playing it and loving it - it's absolutely great. It was a success in terms of players and revenue and longevity.

If you are still whining about it not being the game you like a year on (rather than say - playing something you DO like instead) then you need to get a life.

The game is done D3 won whether you like it or not.

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Oh dont get me wrong, i'm loving ever single patch they bring out, every time theyre changeing something to how its been in d2. It's them admitting their conecept was inferior, and thats what tastes sweet. Ill check back when the addon is ready, by then we should have a real successor to d2
  • mystang89mystang89 Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by InsaneDalek
    Originally posted by Coolit
    I lasted less than an hour playing this after getting it free with my WoW sub and found it nothing like its name sakes which I sunk many hours into.  This makes me wonder if Bliz are still able to make high quality games and indeed if Titan will be any good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBwFbNYDEfY

That's me.  :)  I'm not a big fan of change.  If it isn't broke don't fix it.

D3 was a good game and I spent a bit of time in it but like some have said, the item drop rate sucked and the RMAH was a waste.  Ultimately it was the lack of any real drops that led me to put the game down and not pick it back up.  I know they have patched it up a bit but it's too late for me.  And before someone comes out with it - I'm not saying give me a great item every time I log in or anything like that, but throw a dog a bone occasionally.  I like the grind and all but as long as there is a nugget of reward in there.

• LunarpacLunarpac Member UncommonPosts: 57
    D3 may or may not be a good game, but centering the game around a RMAH (its hard to argue that it isn't) is far from okay in my mind.
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Anireth

The infographic is nice, if they had put that much effort into the actual game..

Diablo III isn't a bad game on it self, but it simply didn't feel right.

There are many games out there that are called "spiritual successor" to another game, especially know with crowdfunding through kickstarter, And for me, Diablo III feels like a game that needs one, with Diablo III having taking a different direction. Not bad per se, but not in the "spirit" of Diablo II.

Not enough effort into the actual game? Have you seen the credits? All of them? They scroll forever and I'll bet every last person listed in the credits would love to punch you in the face.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by expresso
    So much QQ - By any and all accounts D3 was and still is a massive success suck it up and move on ppl.

This^^

but you know how the vocal minority has to have something to hate, and QQ about

• I kind of hope there's no item trade at all in the console version (or have it as an optional game mode where item-traders and non-item-traders are separated). If so, I might actually get it. I'm finding Diablo 3 is a lot more fun when you don't use any of the auction houses since you get gear upgrades from drops much more frequently that way.

Not to mention that you play the game more rather than stare at the auction house.

• DrigusDrigus Member CommonPosts: 50
    Originally posted by Coolit
    I lasted less than an hour playing this after getting it free with my WoW sub and found it nothing like its name sakes which I sunk many hours into.  This makes me wonder if Bliz are still able to make high quality games and indeed if Titan will be any good.

An hour? The game is awesome at the start, it lacks in endgame though. Not sure if you're trolling

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Once they fix the itemization I might look at this game again.  I recently deleted all my chars and started over fresh so I didn't have the taint of the AH on me.  I was able to beat Inferno on Barbarian without having to buy any gear off the AH, so I was happy enough with that.  I'll put time into farming better gear once better gear actually drops on a somewhat common basis.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    You know,

The playstation version will be a good game.

My main gripe with d3 is the way its so geared around farming gold and using the ah, and trying to poke players into using the rmah.

I reckon they had a good version, then decided to get greedy with the rmah, which led to them putting a ton of junk items in there and firing players to trudged back and forth to town to sell crap.

Would also be better if you could choose difficulty at start, wading through normal was far too much of an easy mode chore.

Also act 1 is easily the best act.

Oh and i would like a ctrl key like tl2 as well as the shift key.
  • sunshadow21sunshadow21 Member UncommonPosts: 357
    Originally posted by scritty

The game is done D3 won whether you like it or not.

The fact that people are even thinking about talking about PoE or Torchlight 2 in the same sentence as D3 would suggest that the victory is not as complete as you make it sound. D3 certainly didn't lose, but I don't see it developing the kind of fan base the would give Blizzard a good reason to develop D4 any time soon, and given the limited number of IPs Blizzard has typically worked with, the suits can't be too happy about that. D3 and Blizzard may have won the immediate battle, but in doing so, they effectively conceded the war for a long term player base, so it's a bit of an empty victory.

The biggest impression I'm getting is that both auction houses ended up hurting the game at least as much as they helped the game; finding loot was the whole point of the previous games, and it really hurts the game as a whole to sideline that aspect of it to support the auction houses properly. Even if they don't actively detract from the game, they don't add anything either, and that's problematic for something that is at the core of the game's design. That, plus the issues that battle net has always had with security, and a lot of people just can't justify dropping $60 on the game when both PoE and Torchlight 2 are cheaper and provide effectively the same style of game play at roughly the same quality overall and definitely less headache overall. As those two games get more development and polish applied to them, D3 will have a harder and harder time competing because the cost of entry is so much higher and the product waiting for someone getting the game doesn't justify that extra cost, even if it is a solid enough game without that added entry cost.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by Lunarpac

D3 may or may not be a good game, but centering the game around a RMAH (its hard to argue that it isn't) is far from okay in my mind.

Which is why they are not including that bit in the console version. Even Blizzard acknowledges it sucks.