Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Release Date Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Letter from the Producer has been published along with the announcement that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will officially be released on August 27, 2013! This should twitterpate players around the globe who have been eagerly waiting for the re-released version.

Today’s announcement is accompanied by a slew of information. We have samples of the box art, brand-new illustrations by Yoshitaka Amano, the contents of the collector’s edition, and info on pricing as well as preorder bonuses.

We wanted to make sure everyone has the opportunity to explore Eorzea, and so we've done our best to make the game as affordable as possible. Having said that, a lot of work went into the collector's edition, so if you enjoy memorabilia, you won't be disappointed (but even this will be offered at barely cost price). Those of you who played Version 1.0 or are planning to play on PlayStation 3, make sure to read the Lodestone for more details(US/EU) before preordering.

Read the full letter on the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237

That's great news!

Also really happy to see that i will get the ARR Collector's edition items from having bought the 1.0 version Collector's Edition.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Where are the CE items?  I have the FFXIV CE... is ARR adding that much?

NM: 

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=14019fb32d90859f118dccb8cd96bf81c212957d

Players Who Own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition
    Players who own the FFXIV version 1.0 Collector’s Edition will receive the FFXIV: ARR Collector’s Edition in-game bonus items (Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Behemoth Barding, and Coeurl Mount) for free. The in-game bonus items will be delivered via Moogle Letter when FFXIV: ARR launches.
  • XerenixXerenix Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Where are the CE items?  I have the FFXIV CE... is ARR adding that much?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/index.html#ceSpecialAnchor

• fat_taddlerfat_taddler Member Posts: 286

Has the game been that dramatically revamped / improved to justify charging players for the box again and even a collector's edition?

I honestly haven't followed it too much so pardon my ignorance.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

This was one amazing video.  It has totally sparked my interest in the game again.  Truly awe inspiring when you see how well they completely remade all of the maps.  The detail alone on each of those areas is... Wow.  I'm totally speechless on this.  It has passed my expectations in terms of the landscapes and map recreation... not to mention the activity of NPCs, the potential Role play areas (such as the tavern overlooking the sea) and the like.

Without a doubt this is one world I would enjoy exploring all over again, especially if met with similar story elements (the way they were introduced) they added through patches of the last versions.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • DraucantDraucant Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Originally posted by fat_taddler

Has the game been that dramatically revamped / improved to justify charging players for the box again and even a collector's edition?

If you already owned FFXIV 1.0 you dont have to buy it again, if you have the CE you get ARR's CE in-game items. They only thing people have to buy if they already owned a FFXIV 1.0 copy is for the PS3 version.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    the atmosphere of the game is nice and the scaling of the world compared to the character is realistic too because it makes the world and structures seem large compared to my avatar which i always felt off in most other mmos.
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

If you prefer the WoW EQ2 feel then yes, it is a huge change. Engine is great as well, runs pretty smooth

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    I love the cheaper-than-normal box prices!
  • HarukoHaruko Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Looks awesome, my question is the following is it like ffxii? I mean the combat style? or they let players kill with out wait time?
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

iam not making the same mistake twice.

i prefer mmos like wow and tsw ui system and combat system which FF14 lacked.

ill wait for release and actually test it- before committing to it. i hated the ui/combat so pc/mouse unfriendly.  even thought they said they have revamped it- i need to test it .

perhaps ill get into beta,

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    I am going PS3 with XIV ARR. It will rock and be a total MMO RPG blast, can't wait. 
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by orbitxo

iam not making the same mistake twice.

i prefer mmos like wow and tsw ui system and combat system which FF14 lacked.

ill wait for release and actually test it- before committing to it. i hated the ui/combat so pc/mouse unfriendly.  even thought they said they have revamped it- i need to test it .

perhaps ill get into beta,

There will be an open beta for everyone who wants to try out the game....

• WaldoeWaldoe Member UncommonPosts: 642
    Originally posted by Taranx

Has the game been that dramatically revamped / improved to justify charging players for the box again and even a collector's edition?   I honestly haven't followed it too much so pardon my ignorance.

If you prefer the WoW EQ2 feel then yes, it is a huge change. Engine is great as well, runs pretty smooth

Why would you say it feels like that?
  • RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

Remember that BETA PHASE 4 is OPEN BETA for all (Probably in July) You dont need to wait release to test if you like this game or not.

Combat system is being tested and i think they are planning global changes from Phase2 to Phase3 (now in June)

Now that i think about it.. dont come on Open beta to lag my server ¬¬ go away, dont play this open beta.. hmm i think i have to delete my first line.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    So am I correct in assuming that I has a guy who bought the original don't have to pay for the new one..and do I also get 30 days free as well or am I wrong guys?
  • ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670
    Originally posted by kevjards
    So am I correct in assuming that I has a guy who bought the original don't have to pay for the new one..and do I also get 30 days free as well or am I wrong guys?

I believe that is the case.  The part about not buying it again I'm certain, the part about 30 free days I'm also certain but can't seem to find the source.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by ZizouX

I believe that is the case.  The part about not buying it again I'm certain, the part about 30 free days I'm also certain but can't seem to find the source.

Here is what we know so far:

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=14019fb32d90859f118dccb8cd96bf81c212957d

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/61957

The lodestone is particularly informative.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

when you say the engine is smooth..have they done away with what was the original..it took ages for places to load..d/load rate as well was extraordinarily poor.

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882

Very nice video!

Also glad i get all the CE items.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Originally posted by kevjards

when you say the engine is smooth..have they done away with what was the original..it took ages for places to load..d/load rate as well was extraordinarily poor.

It's a completely new engine that was made to address this and other problems.  So I would imagine such things will no longer be an issue for the PC version.  Pretty much the entire game was redone, from making all the areas and maps over again to having a brand new story that takes place five years after 1.0.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    yea this is se going all out with a game instead of half arsing it
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Buy CE! You go buy now! I give you free fried rice and egg roll with purchase. Go! Go! Buy now!

• lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    I don't like to play a game that have subscription because it's not open to everyone and it's getting pretty boring. The real mmorpg is open to everybody. Every month, every year there is new release free 2 play mmo and more greater. I'm not happy i did not see my friends playing and i can't see more people. I still looking a future  free 2 play  mmo,  not pay 2 win  and there is a real money auction house. A MMO company that thinking different type of trading so no other website scam and no other website  allowed giving discount. Very simple make a program the game coins can only trade in auction house not in the carracter. The game company can earn a money by collecting 10% or 50% Tax in real money auction house. The game still can survive improving many years if there is real money auction house.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by swizards01
    I don't like to play a game that have subscription because it's not open to everyone and it's getting pretty boring. The real mmorpg is open to everybody. Every month, every year there is new release free 2 play mmo and more greater. I'm not happy i did not see my friends playing and i can't see more people. I am still looking a  free 2 play  mmo,  not pay 2 win  and there is a real money auction house. A MMO company that thinking different type of trading so no other website scam and no other website  allowed giving discount. Very simple make a program the game coins can only trade in auction house not in the carracter.

Totally wrong, real MMORPG were always P2P, F2P is relatively new on this genre and in my opinion is just filling the genre with mediocre games that are just to get money from these rich gamers that dont care to pay 200$ to have best game gear, boost exps etc.

12$ per month is ridicully low when u see the cost of a mount on a F2P game. Inventory slots, Reset, Server change,  Storage slots, dungeon access, etc. But i will not discuss between P2P and F2P, i just want a P2P game that give me AAA quality game with updates focused on gameplay and not on their online shop