Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan: Unchained: Five Days of Bosses Incoming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

To celebrate five years of Age of Conan, Funcom will be unleashing five days worth of epic boss monsters invading Hyboria. The event is scheduled to kick off on Thursday, May 23rd. In addition, membership benefits are being improved.

But the in-game event is just one part of the anniversary celebration. Membership in Age of Conan: Unchained is getting greatly improved. All characters on Member accounts will now receive the Blessing of Asura item, which doubles experience points from killing monsters for one hour per day. They also earn one Alternate Advancement point, which can be spent at level 80 to learn handy abilities, for each level they gain. In addition Members more than triple the amount of Bonus Points they receive each month, which can be spent in the Item Shop, and still of course retain all previous benefits Membership entailed.

Read more about the celebration on the Age of Conan Unchained site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• itbewillyitbewilly Member UncommonPosts: 351
    You're having yourself a busy morning aren't ya video game news wise :) Loving the sounds of what Age of Conan is doing. I wish games used this more frequently where npcs attack towns. Aside from Rift with its zones being taken over the only game to have npcs raiding towns i played was EQOA. Black Orcs Raiding Freeport randomly was fun. Wish more games added these type's of event's instead of treating all towns like safe zones where nothing bad could ever happen in main towns(pve games)
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Great for members but F2P players still don't have AA advancement once hitting 80 making it still a long trial game until level 80. Kind of disappointed.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    wish they would just make everything for free and have a shop.by far still one of the best mmo's on the go..could have been so much more if not for the poor release.totally different now ofc.fantastic combat,gfx and I love the brutality of it.
  • black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258
    needs better model for free players, like tera, rift and other player-friendly f2p models to make it not just a free trial to 80. otherwise great game.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Great for members but F2P players still don't have AA advancement once hitting 80 making it still a long trial game until level 80. Kind of disappointed.

totaly +1

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• Originally posted by marz.at.play

So quit freeloading and subscribe. How do you expect the employees to get paid? It's not like they're doing volunteer work at the local food pantry or hospital.

• BjelarBjelar Member UncommonPosts: 398
    Originally posted by Deznts

So quit freeloading and subscribe. How do you expect the employees to get paid? It's not like they're doing volunteer work at the local food pantry or hospital.

totaly +1

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by Bjelar
    Originally posted by Deznts

totaly +1

I agree. Why people think that are entitled to get everything for free? Since when should  videogames be free?! Do you have any idea of what cost to produce one? People have to eat, you know. Support the devs. Since the new team, AoC is getting some attention. And Funcom, with its mistakes, its a team with competent people that take risks and innovate, at least in the themes of their games.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    I've tried to come back to AoC these past years, it's just completely dead and empty so I was turned away. The main thing about AoC I loved was the real "M" rating in that game, actually aimed at adults in every aspect and not an unrealistic fantasy that many games portray.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • shalissarshalissar Member UncommonPosts: 509
    I've heard that one of these bosses on the eu server is a Russian hacker that you have to try and wrestle a flag from before he can port across Old Tarantia
  • bigbudzbigbudz Member Posts: 52
    The servers are anything but dead these days. There always groups looking to run raids, 6 mans, and pvp maps in chat. The pvp servers have a bit lighter population than pve. 

Current PC Build

http://pcpartpicker.com/b/p8RBD3

Present: Current offerings are low quality or soloable

Past:AoC, DCUO, FFXI,FFXIV 1.0 and ARR,WoW,Fallen Earth, Tabula Rasa, TSW, SWTOR, Rift, Aion, WAR, Darkfall, STO, CoH/CoV, GW2, Diaspora, EQ2, DDO, and a bunch of forgettable ftp games

• DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    It's popping. Get in NOW!!! More action than in 2 years!!!

The Ultimate Breakdown

• WolfsheadWolfshead Member UncommonPosts: 224

Well AoC should never i have go F2P that is why i and my gf stop AoC for the gave away riding book to people that sub for 12 month with card while we work our butt off to get riding book ingame and we go nothing back.

Other then that AoC is one of best out there it is more grow up gamers not many kids in that atlest not when i was play for 3 years wonderful memory from that game and lovely gfx and wonderful music ingame one of best in MMORPG game world.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Wouldn't it have been better if AOC went buy to play instead? Pay once, play forever, no restrictions.