Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

I Want to buy my way into the game...how much :)?

DonY81DonY81 RochesterPosts: 350Member

I like many others see a game coming up for release and the hype meter goes sky high until one day you realise that its just not worth it and this MMO x will be the same or a let down just like the others.

Ive been following Wildstar silently for a while and im finding it hard to contain myself. The game is looking to be the bum and I cant wait for release?...any date for release I don't know about yet?

 

I would pay right now to get into this game. Would you?

Also curious as the hype builds. what would you be willing to pay?

 

image

Comments

  • synnsynn killeen, TXPosts: 546Member
    as much as I'd like to play wildstar i wouldn't pay to get into beta. Now if they did pre-orders that allowed beta access then yeah I'd be all for it.
  • CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

    This will just end up being another average themepark MMO..

     

    Stop getting so excited over games and just wait for them to release..

  • WhiteD2012WhiteD2012 SønderborgPosts: 18Member

    Hey there :-D

    Good question and i am very much so looking forward to this game.

    If they came with pre-orders that allowed beta access, i would be willing to pay quite alot :-D

    For only beta i probably would pay between 20 & 50 dolloars, all depending how much access i would get before release. 

     

  • Breaking123Breaking123 SarajevoPosts: 40Member
    Even though I am excited for this game, if it ends up to be sub based then I will not play it. No game in this world deserves 15 euros a month.  Mainly because  I have other stuff to do and losing a day cause I couldn't log on feels like I throw my money away. But if it is b2p then yes I would gladly pay 40 euros for the game and possible beta invite.
  • DemalisDemalis Drumheller, ABPosts: 134Member
    Um ya I would pay to get into beta, easily, beta's usually have a community with a better attitude then the ones that are replying to your thread. That being said, I am not sure because I know it is going to be a hybrid payment model, and I know if I pay to much I will feel ripped off when the floodgates open. Let's say 30$ to get into beta, game price 70$ is the most I am willing to pay for a game box. So 100$ total.
  • DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,539Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Demalis
    Um ya I would pay to get into beta, easily, beta's usually have a community with a better attitude then the ones that are replying to your thread. That being said, I am not sure because I know it is going to be a hybrid payment model, and I know if I pay to much I will feel ripped off when the floodgates open. Let's say 30$ to get into beta, game price 70$ is the most I am willing to pay for a game box. So 100$ total.

    The devs already said -hybrid model, so not a sub model, they are not stupid. Sub model would be the death of Wildstar.

  • silverreignsilverreign Whitehouse, TXPosts: 401Member Uncommon

    I hope its a sub based game cus b2p or f2p usually ends up with me spending more than $15 a month anyways. not to mention that f2p games just don't seem to last or have much depth to them. that being said I would pay to get into beta. people can talk all the smack they want but if I can afford it, y not? I work.

    image

  • Breaking123Breaking123 SarajevoPosts: 40Member
    Hybrid as in b2p with fluff cash shop ? If so then I have more reason to get excited for the game. Sadly GW2 couldn't hold my attention, somehow, the game is just boring
  • DogblasterDogblaster PraguePosts: 491Member
    You are not alone buddy :)
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 dublinPosts: 2,735Member
    Originally posted by silverreign

    I hope its a sub based game cus b2p or f2p usually ends up with me spending more than $15 a month anyways. not to mention that f2p games just don't seem to last or have much depth to them. that being said I would pay to get into beta. people can talk all the smack they want but if I can afford it, y not? I work.

    Sub based games have cash shops too.

  • lugallugal Escondido, CAPosts: 637Member Uncommon

    OP, you and others like you are why publishers feel they can release unfinished garbage on us gamers. For there are enough suckers to fall for the hype and give them money for a untested & unproven product.

    [mod edit]

    Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

  • odiasudaodiasuda KaunasPosts: 81Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Caldrin

    This will just end up being another average themepark MMO..

     

    Stop getting so excited over games and just wait for them to release..

    I'm so tired of these stupid posts.  What MMO do you play that's not a "theme park"?   They're all "theme parks" except for like 4 games a total of 12 people play.  MMOisms are so puke-inducing. Theme Park, Sandbox...gotta label everything, yeah? 

     

    I'm not tired of MMOs,  just the people who play them. 

  • ScottyakScottyak fairbanks, AKPosts: 12Member

    I would pre-order for beta access

  • BukkerzBukkerz ShropshirePosts: 139Member
    Originally posted by DonY81

    I like many others see a game coming up for release and the hype meter goes sky high until one day you realise that its just not worth it and this MMO x will be the same or a let down just like the others.

    Ive been following Wildstar silently for a while and im finding it hard to contain myself. The game is looking to be the bum and I cant wait for release?...any date for release I don't know about yet?

     

    I would pay right now to get into this game. Would you?

    Also curious as the hype builds. what would you be willing to pay?

     

    ...I agree  ...yes I would pay.

    Camelot selling a House with a View to backers worked and really show's the importance that folks seem to stack with having their own virtual premises. I can certainly imagine from watching what Wildstar is offering with their housing, offering tiers and premium plots in advance of a game launch would sell like out within an hour for super-bucks ....

    This game is certainly looking the real deal ... basically because they haven't missed anything out. I think Sea Battles as a future expansion could also work as a dynamic .... 

Sign In or Register to comment.