Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Visualizing a Year In Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Blizzard team has produced an awesome graphical look back at the past year in Diablo III. If you're a fan of numbers, this is a fantastic representation of the activity in D3 over the last 365 days. Check it out!

Click for the HUGE version!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VolmokVolmok Member UncommonPosts: 64

At least they nailed the posters in D3, the game is nothing like its predecessors.

Sad day for Diabblo franchise on D3 release day.

I finished the game on inferno and never gave it a second thought after ..... this is not a Diablo sequel in my opinion.

V.

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    I personally got a huge laugh when Bliz announced it was dropping the much hated RMAH from the console versions of the game. Apparently, the greed was overwhelmed by the bad press / player opinions.
  • xDracxDrac Member UncommonPosts: 201
    As much as I dont like the game (even though I own it), the graphic is awesome :)

Web & Graphic Design - www.xdrac.com

• vgamervgamer Member Posts: 195
    How come there are no stats about the RMAH. Would have been fun to see if the idea actually worked (to fill the pockets of activision shareholders)
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Great game.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    So much QQ - By any and all accounts D3 was and still is a massive success suck it up and move on ppl.
  • CoolitCoolit Member UncommonPosts: 661
    I lasted less than an hour playing this after getting it free with my WoW sub and found it nothing like its name sakes which I sunk many hours into.  This makes me wonder if Bliz are still able to make high quality games and indeed if Titan will be any good.
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Originally posted by expresso
    So much QQ - By any and all accounts D3 was and still is a massive success suck it up and move on ppl.

On my personal note here: I totally agree with you. I still have great fun in D3. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Coolit
    I lasted less than an hour playing this after getting it free with my WoW sub and found it nothing like its name sakes which I sunk many hours into.  This makes me wonder if Bliz are still able to make high quality games and indeed if Titan will be any good.

Wow, a whole hour? At least you gave the game a fair shake.

You must hate everything that isn't like something else you liked.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

Blizzard should be proud of this game.

Furthermore if the graphics for their upcoming mmo are in par= lookout guys!

loved act 1 & 2 (the butcher!) ..sadly, the rest of the acts seems like fluff.

• InsaneDalekInsaneDalek Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Coolit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBwFbNYDEfY

Pretty much how you sound. Sorry Blizzard went with trying different things over just remaking D2 with updated graphics. The game is very good, and is a worthy successor to the Diablo franchise. Deal with it.

It's a sad day indeed when a family is too afraid of reprisals to publicly thank somebody for saving their lives.

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Despite all the hate I still think it's a great game to play with friends (sometimes even with strangers!). A perfect side game when you just feel like kicking back.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Still play it quite often. Great game.
  • zoomcityzoomcity Member UncommonPosts: 9
    If you think D3 was good you should try PoE, www.pathofexile.com far better game all round. Plus its F2P.. go give it a try..
  • AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

The infographic is nice, if they had put that much effort into the actual game..

Diablo III isn't a bad game on it self, but it simply didn't feel right.

There are many games out there that are called "spiritual successor" to another game, especially know with crowdfunding through kickstarter, And for me, Diablo III feels like a game that needs one, with Diablo III having taking a different direction. Not bad per se, but not in the "spirit" of Diablo II.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

D3 has taken huge leaps forward.

To make the game popular they just need Non-RMAH-Ladder and better itemization, but we'll see the ladders without RMAH once the game looses enough active players.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    I'll bet 50% of the gold found on that chart is probably from the gold dupe over that one day. XD
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    I wonder where D3 goes from here.  I would still return if there was some point other then just grinding. 
  • TalinTalin Member UncommonPosts: 918

D3 was a lot of fun to play through, with a great set of skills and good character archetypes IMO. However, the simplified skill/stat system removed a lot of customization... not a terrible thing to give people options, but gear is the only real differentiating point between two characters of the same class.

On the gear topic... the drops were absolutely terrible through most of the game. This was the single largest issue for me, as I would periodically scan the AH (the the RM version) to see what was available and realized I wasn't finding anything comparable. I realize improvements were made over time, but the drop tuning was horrific out of the box when compared to prior Diablo games.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

Clicking for the huge version of that image yields the same tiny one.

Edit: it seems to have been fixed now.

• MuppetierMuppetier Member UncommonPosts: 279
    enough calories spent mouseclicking in Diablo3 to burn off a million lbs of bacon :)
  • DaedalEVEDaedalEVE Member Posts: 39
    I'm surprised the North America had more hardcore players than Asia. What's up with that Asia?
  • LigiLigi Member UncommonPosts: 119

Still playing D3 , great game and getting better on every patch released.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Great graphic representation and it was fun to read. McDonalds is way worse for you than crespe creme doughnuts :D

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• mithossmithoss Member UncommonPosts: 225
    Here's my personal visual recap http://bit.ly/Zg11GT