Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Finally a game that deserves to be on the hype meter

Comments

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

Long overdo to be introduced to the west I preset to you: Black Desert or what ArcheAge should've been. These devs would die before they let a race car drive around in this world. In case you someone missed the amazing promo video, here you are:

The sad part is this game has more of a Dungeons and Dragons feel then Neverwinter ever will.

You people are great. Gotto love how quick you guys jump from one hype bandwagon to another. Not so long ago it was all about AA and now it BD soon it will be some other MMO.

what other MMO ?

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Grailer
    This game is definitely worth the hype , by far the best looking graphics any MMO has thus far to date . I've played Battlefield 3 in Ultra Settings so I know what decent graphics look like . Thus I feel definitely 9/10 for graphics in this game . Gameplay looks cool especially on the mounts .  I guess its going to come down to what the controls feel like . The massive scale combat looked like a mess lol . 

And if all you could do was grind those mobs in there all so glorious pixels would it still be a good game?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• ereyethirnereyethirn Member Posts: 79
    See I'm not sure if these forums have a search function or not (as I haven't ever had reason to look for one), however I'm pretty sure if it does you could search the title of this thread and you'd find a thread with basically this title under just about every game of the games list. That's not to say that this isn't going to be the one mmo to rule them all, however people really need to stop jumping on the hype train so quickly. All we know is that it has pretty graphics, and you can hit stuff with swords so far (unless I've missed something)
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Hype that down your Pipe . This game creates fear  in its wake ....  scared because this game is the destroyer of  guilds because of the players who will leave their current MMO in droves . 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EljAdiTXpk

Between the content of this post and your other one, it's hard to believe you aren't either a troll or a shill.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

You people are great. Gotto love how quick you guys jump from one hype bandwagon to another. Not so long ago it was all about AA and now it BD soon it will be some other MMO.

+1

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• treelotreelo Member Posts: 70

I saw a lot of bugs, some generic Korean ARPG combat, and not a lot of substance.

Then I frothed at the mouth and told everyone a WoW killer had been born.  Again.  They kindly corrected me and said GW2 was the thing to kill these days.

Is there an unhype button?  I'd totally go for one of those.

do you guys even know what hype is lol gee this game is 100% hype because all we have seen is amazing graphics and a bit of combat and nothing else , pure hype in its greatest form .  And you are saying this is not hype ?

hype 1  (himagep) Slang

n.
    1. Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion: the hype surrounding the murder trial.
    2. Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material: "It is pure hype, a gigantic PR job" (Saturday Review).
    3. An advertising or promotional ploy: "Some restaurant owners in town are cooking up a $75,000 hype to promote New York as 'Restaurant City, U.S.A.'" (New York).
    4. Something deliberately misleading; a deception: "[He] says that there isn't any energy crisis at all, that it's all a hype, to maintain outrageous profits for the oil companies" (Joel Oppenheimer).
    tr.v. hyped, hyp·ing, hypes
    To publicize or promote, especially by extravagant, inflated, or misleading claims: hyped the new book by sending its author on a promotional tour

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by DamonVile

This game is all talk so far. Why does it deserve to be on the hype meter ?

Well, isn''t that part of the definition of "hype"?

Well it can mean just about anything but getting hyped about a game that isn't a game is ....foolish considering mmo history. When they start showing you actual features in the game...not a youtube clip then there is at least something to get excited about.

Devs giving interviews about making the greatest game ever has been done before....to death.

true but that's the thing with hype.

Noun

1. Extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.

Verb

1. Promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.
    2. Stimulate or excite (someone): "I was hyped up because I wanted to do well".

The hype meter is more about "the excitement and buzz" of the game regardless of any concrete evidence that the game is good (or bad)

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Long overdo to be introduced to the west I preset to you: Black Desert or what ArcheAge should've been. These devs would die before they let a race car drive around in this world. In case you someone missed the amazing promo video, here you are:

The sad part is this game has more of a Dungeons and Dragons feel then Neverwinter ever will.

I think it's ok to find out more about a game (remember - the definition of hype) and then learn it's not for you.

People get excited about things and want to see more. The issue is not getting excited or wanting more, the issue is when people open their wallets or make dumb decisions based upon so very little. And even worse, when they come back and complain and complain because they "bought the collector's pack" or "purchased the lifetime sub" and haven't even played the game.

Personally I learned more about Archeage and it's not for me.

So that leaves only one game I an interested in and I have to go into that one with a lot of patience (Elder Scrolls).

so now I have two. And it's a sandbox.

And if, as I learn more, it seems it's not for me then that will be that.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Looks good :)

I don't know why people feel the need to dash the dreams of other people. As long as you don't give them money before you actually get to play anything, hype is fine :)

I'm excited to see more from it...why is the icon Pearl Abyss?

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    To me...AOC meets Lineage in terms of  game feel. The game has faction vs faction fighting and epic feel.I hope to learn more.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

I, for one, am not too cool to admit i'm excited for this title.

As I would be for any title where the devs are claiming to have such features.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

The landscape and cities looked great, And then they showed the combat and I lol'd. Why build a world that looks like that and then plop in some typical weightless particle effect fireworks anime combat?

Anyway, really doubt it will be a great game - people get hyped too easily round these parts.

Originally posted by Rusque

The landscape and cities looked great, And then they showed the combat and I lol'd. Why build a world that looks like that and then plop in some typical weightless particle effect fireworks anime combat?

Anyway, really doubt it will be a great game - people get hyped too easily round these parts.

I would agree here, I'm not a fan of "weightless particle effect fireworks" combat.

But I think I could manage if the rest of the world is large and I can just lose myself in it.

Having said that, it's a huge shame we aren't going to see this title for a few years.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Sovrath

The hype meter is more about "the excitement and buzz" of the game regardless of any concrete evidence that the game is good (or bad)

I know what the word means...but thanks for the dictionary copy paste. The title of the thread is " deserves" the hype., not oh look it's on there.

de·serve

[dih-zurv] Show IPA verb, de·served, de·serv·ing.
    verb (used with object)
    to merit, be qualified for, or have a claim to (reward, assistance, punishment, etc.) because of actions, qualities, or situation: to deserve exile; to deserve charity; a theory that deserves consideration.

verb (used without object)

to be worthy of, qualified for, or have a claim to reward, punishment, recompense, etc.: to reward him as he deserves; an idea deserving of study.

:P

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Awesome graphic with fast paced Asiatic style of combat.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by coretex666

To me, it seems that Eastern MMO developers are more creative and innovative than their competitors in the West.

Just look at examples of games that are currently being developed or have been released recently in the East like ArcheAge and Black Desert. They look so fresh.

I realize both these games may be bad and fail hard in the end. It is not about them in particular. It is more about the concepts which seem to be so much different from what Western developers have bound themselves to since WoW came out.

One generic themepark after another have been coming out in the West.

Consider examples of games that are being developed here like Wildstar and  TESO or recently released games like GW 2 or Neverwinter. Western players are so used to the same old MMO design that the lack of so called holy trinity seems like a revolution to them.

I am personally quite excited about Eastern MMORPGs now as it seems to me that nothing spectacular will be coming from Western developers any time soon. I am not a big fan of hype, but I completely understand why someone makes a title like this. Excitement about an MMORPG which seems to be built around a fresh concept is quite justified for a Western player who has been bombarded by generic themeparks for last decade.

Maybe it is just me, but this is how I feel about it.

I do to. I hope they stick to the plans of making it all about player driven stuff. It seems to have a great base to build upon. Hopefully none of the crazy insane profitmongering box releasing RNG breaking western corporations get their dirty grubby hands on this one. (Nexon, NCsoft, EA, PWE)

Trust me this game is going to be the greatest MMORPG ever created.

People will be playing this for at least a decade. This is WOWs first major threat

Ever concieved. The graphics shown look better in reality but your PC cant 

display the greatness. The combat will be 1000x times better by release.

when you see trash mobs you won't want to skip it will be like bees to honey.

simply put this game will blow you away.

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 175
    Anything Korean automatically raises a red flag.  Their entire culture is so different then those of us in the west that games from Korea and other parts of Asia usually consist of over sexualized avatars, unrealistic kee-yaw style combat, and happy rainbw unicorn art styles.

SUP

Trust me this game is going to be the greatest MMORPG ever created.

People will be playing this for at least a decade. This is WOWs first major threat

Ever concieved. The graphics shown look better in reality but your PC cant 

display the greatness. The combat will be 1000x times better by release.

when you see trash mobs you won't want to skip it will be like bees to honey.

simply put this game will blow you away.

Keep it in your pants big boy.  Overhyped has led to the death of many a MMO and until you play it and until the game has had a year or more to mature know amount of wishful thinking will make something so that isnt.

SUP

• DaxamarDaxamar Member UncommonPosts: 593

Got my eye on this one. Still WAY to early to really say anything other  that they have a great trailer.

I play Korean games, and Western MMOs. Dont get hung up on graphics. Its all about how the game plays.

Way too early to call this the next best thing, in my opinion.

• VahraneVahrane Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock
    Anything Korean automatically raises a red flag.  Their entire culture is so different then those of us in the west that games from Korea and other parts of Asia usually consist of over sexualized avatars, unrealistic kee-yaw style combat, and happy rainbw unicorn art styles.

Maybe you should at least watch one of their videos first and then, if still unimpressed, make a post detailing what this particular game could do better. As it is, unrealistic combat and over sexualized avatars aren't solely within the domain of eastern games. That being said, the character models for this game aren't designed by prudes but retain a more refined aesthetic. I didn't see any happy unicorns with rainbows when I watched either. Those got left in Diablo III as a "joke". 

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.  Ohhh shiny! best game ever.  Until the next shiny comes along.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

Originally posted by Vahrane
    Originally posted by ZedTheRock

Maybe you should at least watch one of their videos first and then, if still unimpressed, make a post detailing what this particular game could do better. As it is, unrealistic combat and over sexualized avatars aren't solely within the domain of eastern games. That being said, the character models for this game aren't designed by prudes but retain a more refined aesthetic. I didn't see any happy unicorns with rainbows when I watched either. Those got left in Diablo III as a "joke". 

Watched the video and I saw Asian Influences through and through.  From Frilly cottoney short dresses to over stylized flashy colorful combat animations.

Calleme a cynic but I love boring not flash.

SUP

• VahraneVahrane Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Originally posted by Hatefull

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking.  Ohhh shiny! best game ever.  Until the next shiny comes along.

Was never impressed by Arche Age beyond considering the graphics decent, but they're the least of my concerns when actually choosing to hype a new game (unless they're absolutely abysmal like Wurm Online).