Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is an outrage and I quit

124»

Comments

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Grailer
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Lol, more like 70% of the 10%

You don't know how statistics works do you ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margin_of_error

And you just demonstrated that you don't know how proper sampling works.  

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Lol, more like 70% of the 10%

You don't know how statistics works do you ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margin_of_error

When the poll is a unoffical one that allows anyone that wants to to make multiple accounts and vote multiple times  the margin of error is high. Nothing kept 10% of a minority from each making a 100 accounts and voting so as to a get a distorted 70% vote.

Can I prove this no. can you prove it didn't happen? Are the servers still seemingly full of players playing? Yes.

In the end its a F2P game which probably 90% or more of the players play without spending a dime. Most players that play even those that do spend money do not play it to work the market like the OP and a few vocal minority. has the game become less fun to play because some Asshats found and exploited a bug and got banned, not as far as i can see.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by jesteralways

these f2p publishers have shit load of "defenders", they slave themselves in f2p games and when someone says something bad about their favorite f2p game they start  their "holy defense". you can't really get a proper argument from slaves, years of slavery has completely wiped their brain of intelligence, all they can say is "this game is f2p, you don't need to spend a dime to play". on the other hand  there are people spending money in game because that game is based on a famous IP, these people don't research about game publisher or the developer. after spending money they go into the piss poor game and start crying "god damn this publisher is worst in the world, i want refund". i don't know which one of these 2 type of people is the worst.

many of us said it when this game was in beta "stay away from PWE games, they are the worst f2p publisher",  but did you people listen? you went ahead  and bought "founder packs", then kept defending the high price in cash shop and finally when they screw you over you start crying. serves you people right. next time do some research before spending money in f2p game. 

So everyone with a opinion that differs from your is a brainwashed slave, right well hard to argue with that logic....

Heres a news flash for you, some of us did know what we spent our money on and did know there would be lock boxes but that the game itself doesn't require you to spend one thin dime to play to the end and have fun. 

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    never spend money on a f2p, it only encourages them
  • VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Ok, yeah, lets say that the economy in NW is completely ruined. It is a completely contrived, highly restricted, non-player driven economy with multiple, non-exchangeable currencies.  The crafting is very limited and the auction house is currently only barely usable for its lack of sorting and filtering properly.

What does this all mean? That the economy is easy for Cryptic to control and it doesn't have a huge impact on the playability of the game. You don't play NW for its economic depth. You play NW because the combat is fun. The economy is not ruined, there is barely an economy TO ruin. The economy is exactly where they want it to be or very near to it.

If you are looking for a game with an actually complex economy try EVE or one of the coming sandbox type games.

All die, so die well.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

OP I tried NW and found it just silly joke...
    200$ founder pack, AH, GM etc + ugly char = no thanks, stay away from crap, beside seems all PWE games has issues lately.

anyone got hope for better support, can already forget about. I have no clue what's wrong with PWE, but they fail all games: lags, dc, sever down etc crap.

NW is not even born yet, so no point to get tapped by it, IMO.

I see some better games coming soon, like TESO, Wildstar and Back Desert.
    OP better to quite now, before you create attachments than have large regrets after.

^^^ yes

• MerklynnMerklynn Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I personally didn't want to restart my guys from Lv1. The rollback did put me a little behind on my questing but the Survival Pack was a fun item to find in the mail. I basically find myself selling unused items fairly cheap on the AH for some extra AD but don't bother buying anything I don't need. I never got rich or went bust in Wow and I'm not about to start by supporting the assheads that caused the Neverwinter AD exploit this weekend or any other.
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by adam_nox

That'd make a good t-shirt.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    I never started and never will the cash shop is expensive from what I hear. Besides happy with the games I have.
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

Almost 70%+ want server wipe and all they did was ban a few people for 72 hours . The economy is still destroyed .

I can't see how I can play in a game where I know some players have a huge unfair advantage over others because the AH is really the main end game and will take months to recover .

So I quit .

I noticed you took this game serious. I too like to live dangerously.

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Hang on, so the rollback didn't help?
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

It's even better when you read that line and then imagine that avatar of yours being a F2P publisher  :).

• jonp200jonp200 Member UncommonPosts: 457

Oh a rage-quit message.  There's something you don't see every day...

The game's a blast.  Don't like it?  Don't play...

Seaspite
    Playing ESO on my X-Box

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

Its like those gold farmers spamming gold for sale ,  the people who buy the gold are the reason there is gold farmers .

Or like that mangy mutt at your feet while you are eating waiting for a crumb of food , if you give it one crumb it will never give up.

FTP is here to stay .

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

Almost 70%+ want server wipe and all they did was ban a few people for 72 hours . The economy is still destroyed .

I can't see how I can play in a game where I know some players have a huge unfair advantage over others because the AH is really the main end game and will take months to recover .

So I quit .

Dont forget your charge back....image

I retired retroactively..Haha

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    [mod edit] Economy on Beholder is better than it was before this happened....
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Squeak69

i wasnt playing to begin with, but ya know what this level of outrage happend back with champions, and even a bit in sto and they are still makeing money, why cause their are always a few suckers willing to poor a ton of money into the game.

and those are the suckers they make the games for now, its no longer about the players in mass cause yall lost your vote with P2P, now its a matter of what gimick will generate the most money from the cash shop, and screw everyone else who isnt a large spender.

if you don beleave me fine, but it is without a doubt that the quality of MMOs has been going down not up.

of course this company is the worst of em, and its not fair t the few who are trying to make good games being forced into following suit to to have a hope of turning a profit

Your logic is flawed.  You are suggesting that if players quit en masse in a F2P game (some of whom are the people paying all that money) they will still get more players and not notice the effects, however, in a P2P game this tactic will be effective because they won't get more players?  While more people may try out F2P titles both models gain new players over time.  Regardless of your business model your game will be hurt by everyone leaving en masse regardless of whether it results in closure.  "Everyone" quit SWG, Warhammer, AoC, etc etc. and they didn't close those games down.  There's suckers willing to play crappy games from each model.

What happened in Neverwinter was due to an exploit.  Exploits happen in all games regardless of their payment model.  This could happen in Camelot Unchained the day of launch if there's an uncaught exploit, which there usually are cause games are fucking complicated as fuck and therefore there's bound to be a few bugs.  This has nothing to do with payment models.

Steam: Neph

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

This is just silly MMO drama related to a cheesy bad game with problematic launch from Cryptic studios OP. This isn't an outrage. Its nothing new in the MMO landscape.  An OUTRAGE includes games burning out video cards (more than one), screwing with boot.ini (EVE) or deleting the contents of your hard drive irrevocably on uninstall (Pool of Radiance), selling stolen materials as their own work, false advertising features, and locking down user credit cards (WarZ..)

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Robokapp

Its like those gold farmers spamming gold for sale ,  the people who buy the gold are the reason there is gold farmers .

Or like that mangy mutt at your feet while you are eating waiting for a crumb of food , if you give it one crumb it will never give up.

FTP is here to stay .

in 2 years we won't even remember that it ever existed.

Doubt FTP is going anywhere and in roughly two years the F2P model ( which isn't a file transfer protocol mind you) will be so evolved passed its current form that yes you won't even remember it existed because it'll be the only option left aside maybe from fortress-like games like EVE-Online which truly have a reason to be P2P but I am sad to say EVE's gonna have an increasingly rough time from several other sandbox games quite a few of which will use a smart/evolved F2P system (and is practically the EVE plex system without the gametime element) ergo even it in the end might go F2P but preferably in a smart way.

To anyone who says F2P is a fad:

1) F2P games have the same production quality nowadays as P2P games and often take more risks in terms of innovation;

2) F2P games allow anyone to try the game, anyone, factor that in to the equation for a moment (people who dislike trials and donno if they'd like a game can now jump in risk free and try it, see if it is something they'd like and have at it if it is).

3) Forget market trends and corporate greed for a moment and think objectively which is better for the consumer overall: less power of decision within a P2P game or more within a F2P game? (say what you want but unsubbing from a P2P game is hard and you generally won't see a mass unsubbing of players unless something's gone awfully wrong or is going to in the playerbase's eye, ex: Monoclegate, all this because of the feeling of investment and the emotional inertia of leaving something you poured time and money into whereas in F2P games you can quite simply quit or continue playing but without investing in the game anymore).

4) It is not the game's or the model's job to police a gaming community funnily enough it's the community's job to police itself, if people do not stand up when someone's being a toxic prick or a primadonna, etc then don't blame it on the game or the payment model, you and allot of other people besides yourself are enabling them quite allot by accepting their behaviour.

• MightyPitMightyPit Member UncommonPosts: 92

Not sure if F2P is a model which survives over time, but as I see it, it is the preferable model for publishers who want to make big money fast.

When I look at my usual behavior regarding mmos, I get hooked by the games quickly.  I like to play them and think, yes, that can be a game were I stay for a long time. I invest some money (between 50 and 100 euro) for char slots, bags and perhaps a mount. But after 5 months, I hop to the next game. That means that I am paying more money over time for a f2p game than I would in the same time for a p2p game.

If I assume that my behavior is the usual behavior of us mmo players (at least of them who pay in f2p game), that means that the publisher has to make the game attractive to new players over time, but not so much for players who are really staying. Which means, they have to care more for the early game experience than for the end game.

For p2p publisher, it looks a bit different. They want to have long term players. Players who are deeply involved in the servers community, where it really hurts to quit. Which is also a much richer and more desirable game experience form the players point of view. Player on the other hand, are harder to convince that they should have a look into a game where they have to pay a subscription.

I recommend you, dear reader, to have a close look at the p2p titles you stumble upon. Maybe they are not the holy grail of mmo, but if the developer makes it right, they provide a better overall game experience. Thanks for reading.

MMO's played so far:
    UO,EQ,DAOC,EQ2,GW,ROM,WOW,WAR,AOC,LOTRO,RIFT,TSW,GW2,POE
    Looking forward to: Camelot Unchained, Star Citizen

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Originally posted by corpusc
    you picked a fine time to leave Neverwinter now,  right when they needed you the most.  think of the children!

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    One good thing about mmorpg is that they will actually let you post an I quit post here.  On the forums in PWE there is a huge amount of I Quit posts that are being instantly locked over this issue by the moderator over there.