Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terminus - A Legend Gaming Guild (Dominion - PvE/PvP)

LG_ExiledLG_Exiled Member Posts: 53

Website | About Us | Forums

"The Top 1% of the Top 1%.”

Name: --> Terminus

Legend Gaming’s 5th Anniversary Video: --> A tribute to our members.

Faction:--> Dominion

Main Timezone:--> US Eastern Time (EST), open to other time zones.

Recruitment Status:--> Recruitment open. Interviews required.

VOIP:--> Teamspeak 3 is required

Guild Focus:--> PvE progression and PvP domination

Guild Leader:--> Dascuba

As a multi-gaming community, Legend Gaming has recently completed Five Years of MMO excellence. Since we were founded our chapters have always succeeded in multiple games, promoting a spirit of friendship, unity, organization and quality. As part of Legend Gaming, Terminus seeks to bring that same quality standards to Wildstar. We will focus in all aspects of the game, pushing for PvP domination and PvE competitive progression. Upon joining Terminus, you are not simply joining a guild, you are joining a family. We are an organization that is proud of it's achievements and thankful to the loyalty of our members. We are looking for like minded players who value organization, loyalty, maturity and strong leadership. We will need your skill and dedication in our continued journey to the top!

Some of Legend Gaming's previous chapters achievements include:

• Age of Conan: First PvP Keep on Cimmeria server - Hand of Set
  • Age of Conan: Longest held PvP Keep on Cimmeria server - Hand of Set
  • Age of Conan: First guild city on Cimmeria Server - Hand of Set
  • Warhammer Online: First successful Order city raid (Volkmar server) - Legend
  • Warhammer Online: Server firsts on all release raid content (Volkmar Server) - Legend
  • Warhammer Online: First guild, on server, to level to release max (Volkmar Server) - Legend
  • SWTOR: Over 30 server first boss kills in raiding on Jung Ma server - Jen’jidai
  • SWTOR: First server wide Role-play event in Jung Ma server - Jen’jidai
  • SWTOR: First guild to be featured in the official Bioware guild spotlight - Jen’jidai
  • For more information on Legend Gaming and our current chapters, please check our portal at www.legend-gaming.net
---------------

Weekly Raiding Schedule:

Will be announced as we move closer to release.

---------------

Joining:

• Your main character must align into the guild's faction, Dominion.
  • You must be prepared to use Ventrilo and be logged into the Legend Gaming vent server whenever you are logged into the game (Post release only).
  • You must be 17 years of age or older. This is due to the maturity of the community and the maturity rating of the game.
  • Understand you are joining a community, not a guild. Upon joining Terminus, you are joining Legend-Gaming. So if you're not looking for a tight knit community concept, we're not the right fit for you.
  • Be an active member of the guild and contribute to guild events, raids, and so forth both pre-release and post-release.

Joining Terminus is quite simple. Visit our website's join us page. Follow the directions at the bottom. We use a forum based application system. We elected to use this system because we believe an applicant whom puts time and effort into the application process is someone whom will put time and effort into the community. Web based applications are too easily accessed and too easily completed. This application cuts out a lot of the "drive by" joiners.

---------------

Player vs Environment (PvE)

Like other Legend Gaming chapters, Terminus aims to be among the top guilds in the US and in the world when it comes to raiding progression. The leadership will organize and provide events for both hardcore and casual raiders. Normally, we feature multiple tiers of raiding to accommodate the necessity of our varied player base, creating a range of experiences where pretty much everyone in our roster will be able to take part, if they wish. We always organize our crafters so players dedicated to that game aspect are rewarded with titles and positions within the community, helping the guild move forward by providing vital items or consumables. Be it to participate in progression raids or just to explore all contents of the game more casually, Terminus is a good place to be.

---------------

Player vs Player (PvP)

In all of our chapters, we have inspired respect in our allies and fear in our enemies in PvP. The leadership in Terminus have no plans of breaking that tradition. Through organization and dedication, our leadership and membership will hit the ground running when it comes to RvR and PvP in general. With experience from DAoC, we aim for the conquering warplots in Nexus. Terminus's leadership is composed of leaders with over fifteen years of PvP experience. Our leadership and much of our gaming community's membership have experienced some of the harshest PvP environments in gaming. These games include: Shadowbane, Ultima Online, Lineage 1 and 2, Eve Online, and Dark Age of Camelot. Terminus is very excited about Wildstar as it gives us an opportunity to focus on what we love most; GvG. We greatly enjoy a Frontier PvP system (Warplots). We will be pushing the envelope in the PvP realm and will be guiding our experienced membership towards one goal; PvP domination.

---------------

Lore

Terminus, a guild dedicated to the domination of Nexus, is a Dominion allied guild composed of Mechari, Cassians, Draken and Chua. The story of how Terminus came to be is a bit clouded but from what we can gather the guild was formed around 1400. It is now the year 1600, and Terminus is headed by Skyliss “Exiled” Stormborne. Nexus has changed due to the exploration and inhabitation of both The Exiles and Dominion forces with Terminus leading the charge. Legend-Gaming has always prided itself on organization and lore driven gaming. We feel it elevates the player’s gaming experience if he/she is in an environment where they can completely engross themselves into the game and all it has to offer. What makes us unique is our equal focus on Lore, PvP, and PvE. Though we consider ourselves a guild of hardcore gamers, we still embrace the immersion which can come from being in a MMORPG world. We are very excited about Wildstar. It presents an opportunity to start fresh on a plant that has just been explored and prime for domination. The lore of Wildstar is still a bit scarce but that just means it leaves it open for our own interpretation. The story and the world are amazing and very immersive. We feel this world will give our role-players and our lore an amazing experience.

Terminus
Legend Gaming Website | Join Us
Exiled - Elder of Legend Gaming

Comments

• UnseenkillaUnseenkilla Member Posts: 10
    If you would like to join the number one guild on whatever server we play, this is the guild for you! Only serious applicants please!
  • DesuteqDesuteq Member UncommonPosts: 30
    For those of you looking forward to being part of a top Wildstar Guild/Community come check us out at Terminus, we cater all types, be it PvE, PvP, or RP, there are many great members already and it continues to improve and I hope it continues to do so like I think it will. I really think you'll enjoy what you find and hope you do so.

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by Unseenkilla
    If you would like to join the number one guild on whatever server we play, this is the guild for you! Only seriously applicants please!

lmao good luck on that.

We have many people from multiple top tier guilds in WoW, people who have taken world/server firsts, head on over if you are in the same boat; or even if you just want to hang out!

You can even watch our guild leader stream, either way hope we get some more applicants; we've already added another to our ranks -- so good luck!

• LG_ExiledLG_Exiled Member Posts: 53
    Congratulations to Trollor on becoming our first Vice-Officer of Activity! Join us today and start your rise through the ranks of Terminus!

Terminus
  • ClassickClassick Member Posts: 5

I don't see a real need to defend or prove ourselves from the likes of you.  You think yourself important but I find your content rather lacking.  So what I'm typing is to set your misguided behavior straight and inform whom ever is actually interested in our guild.

The majority of our members are highly active, and if you've been in a guild that achieved anything you'd know how important a highly active guild base means.  Getting shit done is the business we are in and if you in the other guilds don't like the fact that we will progress harder and faster then you, to bad.  Most if not all the main PvE members have been in 40 man raids and know what they are getting into.   I'm not aware who holds the WoW firsts in our guild nor do I really care.  Experience matters to me, flashly tittles are at the near bottom of that list.

Our Goal is to be the number one guild on our server, and that isn't a cope out because we plan to join servers with other #1 mentalities as well.  We are aiming for domination of world firsts and PvP and we are looking for the Best in every genre of gaming.  That means RPers, Crafters, Econ, Gatherers, PvE, PvPers and what ever else I didn't include.  We also supposedly accept Casuals but I doubt they will be able to keep up unless they are casual by name and hardcore by heart.  Somthing me and Exiled somewhat disagree upon.

More then a few of our members were past leaders and officers and have preformed management roles.  I have lead guilds and been an officer in many.  Your words are hallow and empty, we won't fall and we won't be intimidated by the petty squabbling of some pissant that thinks he something on the internet.  

Now, stop cluttering our recruitment topic... Your opinions are noted and moot.  I'm seriously hoping your a rather poor example of what the MMORPG community or I honestly will not be looking forward to any recruits we get from here.

Terminus Recruiting.

As of today the main Terminus Website is now up and running! Come check it out and see what a professional gaming website looks like!!!

http://www.legend-gaming.net/terminus

Terminus
  • SyntheticBrillianceSyntheticBrilliance Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Sodahz
    Originally posted by Unseenkilla

We have many people from multiple top tier guilds in WoW, people who have taken world/server firsts, head on over if you are in the same boat; or even if you just want to hang out!

You can even watch our guild leader stream, either way hope we get some more applicants; we've already added another to our ranks -- so good luck!

1) what guilds in WoW and how many people from those guilds I doubt it's "Many"?

2) World first in WoW? That's a lie and to be honest I doubt you have a world first in anything that matters cause RP events don't count in Age of Conan.

3) You guys aren't the number 1 guild so stop posting the crap everywhere if anything it makes your guild have a bad image for being retarded the game isn't out for another 7 months if not longer.

4) Your guild leader is a joke and will fail horrible. 

I could go into detail for you. However, as Classix has said, no one in any guild has to justify themselves to you. If you aren't interested, move along. Spewing hate in a thread because you want to start an argument is unbecoming and really only makes you seem juvenile. It seems you feel someone has slighted you, if thats the case, this isn't the best way rectify the situation. 

We have a dedicated core of people from various backgrounds with the drive to excel in Wildstar. I have full faith that we will succeed in this goal. I've personally been competitive at the world level in WoW, and hope that the same fierce competitive nature of true hardcore raiding finds its way into Wildstar.

I encourage anyone who wants to be part of a raiding guild to start looking now, if Terminus isn't up your ally there are plenty of other strong groups out there. Find yourself a home to get nested in before all hell breaks loose this fall. 

Terminus
    Legend Gaming Website | Join Us!
    Prefect, Synthetic - Vice-Officer of Recruitment
    Originally posted by Siphaed

Although I'm not allowed to say "don't join this guild" (because that's 'trolling'), I will instead say to do plenty of research on them.   They have a Code of Conduct you have to agree on that is over 8,000 words and 130 paragraphs long.  This code of conduct has various things like requirement for events, unquestioning of hierarchy, no friend circles within the group (that's a clique, which can disrupt chain of command apparently), and other rule/regulations of extremity.

This group doesn't play the game for fun, but instead treats games as a second [or primary] job; so much so that the on utterance of the word 'fun' in their entire CoC is "...role-play activities will not be made fun of...", not kidding (you can look this up on their website).

These things are to help educate people considering joining this group.  Just remember to read thoroughly your contract to this guild, which you do agree to being part of (in fact, the last line of their application is that "***The Applicant must agree to the Code of Conduct in order to be considered as a member. By submitting this application, you are agreeing to the Code of Conduct and the conditions within.***" ) That itself is making it a contract.....that you're digitally signing....to play a video game with other gamers...beyond the normal game's EULA.

I've provided this post again as educational materials for those wanting to truly understand what it is to be a part of this "select community".  Use this educational materials, or do not.  That's completely up to you....free will and all,

You seem to be sorely mistaken. I've been a part of them for some months now, never have I felt hampered by rules in the CoC. No part of my existence within the Terminus Chapter has presented a situation where anyone has been punished for anything. We hang out all the time, and its extremely lax and friendly. We give each other hard times jokingly and its all rather natural or organic, there is no shadow of your made up confinement shackling us. I game with them on our various vices while we wait for wildstar, I actively chat in stream and take part in our Tuesday night Wildstar discussions. So my experience within the community is not limited by any means. Nor has it been an issue in any other iteration of the other chapters.

Most of the CoC really doesn't apply to the individual. Most it is to detail how things are run. Trials, Suspensions, Leave, RP (Only if you plan to RP.) PvP (Only if you plan to end game PvP representing the guild, same for PvE). Telling people who the high council are, and what they do. Inter guild diplomacy. What you as an idividual are entitled to as a member (Such as free reign to participate in any type of game play, or join other chapters for other games.) Activity requirements on the forums (7 posts every 14 days, so scary!), and behavior guidelines. (You know that common sense stuff you already do.)

So, in short the CoC puts in detail how every aspect of how the various communities work. It sums up 4 chapters, and all aspects in moderating them in far less than your exaggerated 130 paragraphs. 30, maybe. Its just a condensed version of what every other community puts into 30 stickys in various sub forums. 

Cliques do destroy guilds, so I can understand the ruling against that, and nor have I seen one forming in Terminus. Its just not been an issue that has cropped up at all.  There are far worse CoC's out there, and every guild with end game in mind has one, usually with far more strict aspects to it. 

I actually had to sign a media release form to game with my last WoW guild, because they were extremely popular. They monetized their raid guids and streams as well as their show/podcast about the guild, so in order to participate within the guild, everyone signed a digital release form for use of our likeness, digital or otherwise. (This is also not uncommon at this level of play, nor the first time I had ever encountered it.) Sorry if you find the need for a detailed CoC to be restrictive, though you sign them every single time you game, and every time a game patches. You'd be thoroughly surprised just how often you sign away your rights. 

This very forum, in order to post here you signed something similar. So this is really nit picking. 

Terminus
  • LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385

Looks too serious.  Where is the gaming?

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301

Checked the site out.  Looks really sharp!  Good luck to you guys.  Hope you reach your goals!

Originally posted by Letsinod

Looks too serious.  Where is the gaming?

Do you play league of legends or rift? Thats what most of us are doing to kill time. You can watch or help me carry Insult. :P Though, I would totally prefer the help. 

*Just busting his balls, hes not that bad. Just fun to pick on.*

Terminus
  • ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

Home page for the web site could use a monitor for your mumble/vent/ts activity.  It just shows potential recruits how active (or inactive) your guild is on a regular basis.  Potential recruits can check your web site during their peak play hours, and see how many people are active at that time.  

Other than that the site looks pretty sharp.

Originally posted by ragz45

Home page for the web site could use a monitor for your mumble/vent/ts activity.  It just shows potential recruits how active (or inactive) your guild is on a regular basis.  Potential recruits can check your web site during their peak play hours, and see how many people are active at that time.  

Other than that the site looks pretty sharp.

Thank you! We have put a lot of work into and this is a great idea that I thought we had in it. I will get on this. Thanks for the input....

and to all those out there that think we are asking for you to sign your life away...I have been in this community for over 5 years and never have I had any kind of problem following our CoC. As synthetic said, you sign away rights every time you sign up for any forums, game, and even software. So the fact that we have something in place PURELY to keep the cohesion of the community and not to strangle anybody in any way is pretty much the normal nowadays. If it's something you're not looking for then we wish you the best luck in your journey to find your home, however I will say one thing that pretty much sums this up "Don't knock it till you try it"

=)

Terminus
  • ThreshThresh Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Siphaed

Although I'm not allowed to say "don't join this guild" (because that's 'trolling'), I will instead say to do plenty of research on them.   They have a Code of Conduct you have to agree on that is over 8,000 words and 130 paragraphs long.  This code of conduct has various things like requirement for events, unquestioning of hierarchy, no friend circles within the group (that's a clique, which can disrupt chain of command apparently), and other rule/regulations of extremity.

This group doesn't play the game for fun, but instead treats games as a second [or primary] job; so much so that the on utterance of the word 'fun' in their entire CoC is "...role-play activities will not be made fun of...", not kidding (you can look this up on their website).

These things are to help educate people considering joining this group.  Just remember to read thoroughly your contract to this guild, which you do agree to being part of (in fact, the last line of their application is that "***The Applicant must agree to the Code of Conduct in order to be considered as a member. By submitting this application, you are agreeing to the Code of Conduct and the conditions within.***" ) 

Indeed this isnt a mass reqruit guild that spams general chat "Hey join our guild for free" "We are family friendly we are casual/hardcore" etc. This is more of a serious guild that wants you to show some commitment to the community, that what you to show you want to participate. Unlike those mass recruitment "just say yes" guilds we have a an interview and a comprehensive application form. Guess what, History has shown guilds like us tend to last long and achieve a hell of a lot more than those general chat spamming "join us" guilds. So far every single of out recruits is committed and serious about end-game play. 

Congratulations to:

• Demosthenes
    • Desuteq
    • Ezequiel
    • Hellexis
    • Jbelux
    • Maker
    • Peraud
    • Raziel
    • Sly
    • Unseen
    • Zoulk

on becoming the first promoted Full Members of Legend Gaming!

Join today and start your journey with a community commited to gaming and a guild committed to being the best on server!

Terminus

I was also once baffled at the large CoC, because am the type of person who just clicks the accept box.  Kind of makes me wonder how many things I have agreed to in te past without reading.  Though the CoC for LG is a bit of common sense.  Should you be disrespecting your guild leader? saying things behind his back? quilting mid raids because you are bored? joining another guild on the same server when you already have a very active one?  Stealing from the guild vault?  -All stuff that is commonsense.

[mod edit]

Click our links and like what you see then fill out an application for Terminus  

Yes the CoC looks crazy, I read the whole damn thing...

But you know what, it's really not difficult to follow; we just want to make sure the guild and it's members stay active so we don't just fall off out of no where. Wildstar is forever away, so it's best to make friends and get everyone accustomed to each other.

Anyway, with that said -- it would be awesome to see some more applicants who can join this hard-core tight-knit family.

Join us today and get in on all the benefits there are to joining a community and not just a guild!

Terminus
    Originally posted by LG_Exiled
    Join us today and get in on all the benefits there are to joining a community and not just a guild!

This, right here! A community, a family; you name it. Come view our forums and see what we're all about -- if you like it, put in an application; we're always looking forward to more serious players who don't just want to laze around till release. We want people who WANT to post in our forums and be active in this great community!

I just want recruits as active as our current members posting across 5 recruitment topics.  Getting into vent and playing League to pass the time.  Having discussions and theory crafting on our personal forums about Wildstar.  ._.  Perhaps my standards may be a bit to high.
    Classix, I argue sir that your expectations are not high enough!

Terminus
    Apply to our guild today! We want new members to be active in our community as well as play different games with us as we wait for Wildstar's release!
    I love seeing more applications! I want more! (More is always better right)?
  • BlackadderaBlackaddera Member Posts: 69
    Are you guys US or EU?

the steel shines red with enemy blood. It sings of victory, granted by the gods. And as they return bleeding but proud, the horizon burns and the song is ringing LOUD!

This discussion has been closed.