Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Dungeons & Dragons Online: Update 18 and the Shadowfell Conspiracy

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Turbine recently invited us to check out some of the new content in Update 18: Disciples of Shadow and the upcoming Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion. Learn more below and share your thoughts with us in the comments!

We jumped into our tour as one of the new Bladeforged Iconic Heroes included in the upcoming Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion. Players who pre-order the expansion will get to start playing the Bladeforged immediately. For those who haven’t been keeping track, Iconic Heroes give players a chance to jump into the game right at the beginning of the Forgotten Realms content at level 15. Each Iconic Hero represents the paragons of their respective races, and the Bladeforged is essentially a super Warforged.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Dungeons & Dragons Online: A Tour of Update 18 & Shadowfell Conspiracy.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Ohhh i wanna be a  a Lvl 15 Rainbow Unicorn-Wizard too!..Guess i'll have to settle for a Purple Dragon Knight..as long as i can shoot yoghurt...

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• OlgarkOlgark Member UncommonPosts: 342
    Still waiting for the Warlock class to be released. Its one of my the classes I like the most other than Monk.

• LonePaladinLonePaladin Member Posts: 1

*sigh*

I gave up on DDO the instant they started including the Forgotten Realms. One of the few reasons I played it at all was because it's set in Eberron; I'd pestered them on a regular basis to start including more things that are specific to the setting, like the Artificer class, as well as iconic items that have a place in the world (specifically, gnomes).

Years spent asking them to make the game feel more like Eberron, and what do they do? The same thing you see in every D&D-based MMO -- go to the Realms.

I deleted my account the day they announced it.

• theAsnatheAsna Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Originally posted by LonePaladin

*sigh*

I gave up on DDO the instant they started including the Forgotten Realms. ...

Obviously Turbine listened to its players. They included the artificer class. And also listened to those that wished for a more familiar setting. The latter was probably a reply to NWO as well.

• KoolywampusKoolywampus Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Yet another slap in the face to VIPs. Nothing in the expansion will be free to us. Lately we have been offered nothing but the privilege of paying Turbine for a game that is increasingly bugged, broken, and nearly unplayable.
  • D-IceD-Ice Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like it might be fun, Maybe I'll check it out
  • ReckulationReckulation Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Originally posted by Koolywampus
    Yet another slap in the face to VIPs. Nothing in the expansion will be free to us. Lately we have been offered nothing but the privilege of paying Turbine for a game that is increasingly bugged, broken, and nearly unplayable.

I have to agree.. Even though I still play on a weekly basis I have reverted to a Premium account and will never pay for VIP again. Being VIP only means a extra 10% xp boost and a weekly Gold dice roll, not worth the $10/month! As for the bugs it has only got worse in the past year. The fact that a low level F2P chain has been broken for well over half a year with not even a hint of it being fixed says it all. All they do is keep coming out with new content and breaking the game more and more. I could probley write a 100 page essay on all the problems with DDO at the moment, but yet it is the only game on the market that's kept my attention for more then a few weeks. I believe if Turbine would stop coming out with new content and fix bugs that are YEARS old and start thinking of the Veteran players (Myself being a 4+ year Vet) that the game would turn around.