Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox ONE

Comments

• Minion552Minion552 Member Posts: 67

Yeh was not the games mis read that its the content like map packs and crap however this is right from Xbox.com

Phil Harrison, MS Corporate VP:

So, think about how you use a disc that you own of an Xbox 360 game. If I buy the disc from a store, I use that disc in my machine, I can give that disc to my son and he can play it on his 360 in his room. We both can't play at the same time, but the disc is the key to playing. I can go round to your house and give you that disc and you can play on that game as well.

What we're doing with the digital permissions that we have for Xbox One is no different to that. If I am playing on that disc, which is installed to the hard drive on my Xbox One, everybody in my household who has permission to use my Xbox One can use that piece of content. [So] I can give that piece of content to my son and he can play it on the same system.

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279

Sadly fanboys will buy it. a classmate of mine said he was going to buy it anyways because it was the xbox. this proves my theory that the Xbox consoles could have a nuclear device that detonates upon starting the system destroying your home and your family... and they would still say "Its awesome cause its Exclusive to Xbox"

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Originally posted by Cacolaco

I really don't understand why so many people feel like Microsoft screwed something up here. I did not own the Xbox or the Xbox 360. I have owned PS, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, and Wii, and after seeing Microsoft's presentation, I have to say that I would definitely consider going with the Xbox One.

I know a lot of you didn't like what you saw, but I was pretty impressed. Sony is really going to have to show me something awesome.

Why waste your money on a inferior system when you can have this

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by Minion552

Yeh was not the games mis read that its the content like map packs and crap however this is right from Xbox.com

So, think about how you use a disc that you own of an Xbox 360 game. If I buy the disc from a store, I use that disc in my machine, I can give that disc to my son and he can play it on his 360 in his room. We both can't play at the same time, but the disc is the key to playing. I can go round to your house and give you that disc and you can play on that game as well.

What we're doing with the digital permissions that we have for Xbox One is no different to that. If I am playing on that disc, which is installed to the hard drive on my Xbox One, everybody in my household who has permission to use my Xbox One can use that piece of content. [So] I can give that piece of content to my son and he can play it on the same system.

Lol

So they are actually giving my son permission to play my games on my Xbox.  WoW how cool is that. (sarcasm)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

This pretty much clears it up found at Xbox.com right from the Dev forums.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-22-phil-harrison-tries-again-to-clarify-game-ownership-second-hand-sales-and-always-online-in-xbox-one

So most of your fears are pretty un founded. Sony has same things in play. Its not the end of the world both systems will have up sides and down sides like every other console out there. 

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    Originally posted by laserit

Lol

So they are actually giving my son permission to play my games on my Xbox.  WoW how cool is that. (sarcasm)

Yeah, seriously, unless that quote is incomplete and he continues to explain this digital permissions things, I'm not seeing how he even addressed the issue AT ALL. 

Imagine where this could hypothetically go, though, with the kinect always on nonsense.  I wouldn't put it past these corporations to implement facial recognition, where only the registered user can even play the game.

As for all this bloatware and shit on the XBox one.. it's like the windows 8 of consoles, lulz. 

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

This pretty much clears it up found at Xbox.com right from the Dev forums.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-22-phil-harrison-tries-again-to-clarify-game-ownership-second-hand-sales-and-always-online-in-xbox-one

So most of your fears are pretty un founded. Sony has same things in play. Its not the end of the world both systems will have up sides and down sides like every other console out there. 

Yeah, as its explained in that article seems pretty reasonable, as far as sharing with friends goes.

Still up in the air regarding purchasing used titles, etc.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I really don't understand why so many people feel like Microsoft screwed something up here. I did not own the Xbox or the Xbox 360. I have owned PS, PS2, Gamecube, PS3, and Wii, and after seeing Microsoft's presentation, I have to say that I would definitely consider going with the Xbox One.

I know a lot of you didn't like what you saw, but I was pretty impressed. Sony is really going to have to show me something awesome.

When we get E3 and people see the games that this system is going to have all this hate is going to go away.

What system does not have bloatware I mean I have a wii U for my kids that thing said it has a 32 gig HDD and only 27 avail. My ps3 I had was 20 gigs usable was only 16 so yeah learned the hard way if you want mass storage best to buy a external 1tb HDD. 

And as far as him touching base on what he said there will still be a way to trade in and sale your games to a Retailer, meaning I assume what will happen is you sale the game code and disk or as they already said there will be a used virtual store for trading in games at lower cost for it being used. I am really not worried about it since Gamestop over charges for 4 year old titles, Was just there say Crackdown in bad condition they were asking for 29.99 for the game you can buy it new on amazon for $15.. 

Plus you guys not even really touched on the cloud aspect that all your games/saves/music/media will be saved to the cloud allowing you to download and play them anywhere. including smart phones and tablets with your Smartglass...

• IllyssiaIllyssia Member UncommonPosts: 1,507
    Originally posted by Mannish

When we get E3 and people see the games that this system is going to have all this hate is going to go away.

Nope, Sony is going to blow away Xbox One at E3. Xbox One is going for TV, it is Steve Ballmer's next attempt at a Windows Media PC. 

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    The new Kinect reminds me of HAL from 2001, but spookier. Plus I almost shuddered in horror when I heard the man from Microsoft tell everyone that they were teaming up with EA. If there are two corporations in the world I didn't want to see work together it was EA and Microsoft. 
  • JIUBHUNNY420JIUBHUNNY420 Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by tkreep
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Back from work for a bit..

In case you guys haven't seen this one (it's hilarious)....

that shit is funny as hell

That was way too fucking accurate hahaa, loved it.

J-Hun Lookin to Creep Yall!

• KhayotixKhayotix Member UncommonPosts: 231

Where is the Option for "I shed my console diapers a long time ago, when I realized that they will never keep pace with a PC" ?

I work for a ISP most of our calls from customers who buy consoles do it for Netflix and streaming Video. You can say Sony is going to win this war and they might but for the Adult crowd who enjoys Netflix and other videos including live tv and sports Xbox will win over any other streaming device.. MS was smart to let content from the Xbox be used on tablets and smart phones..

Sony lost a lot of respect from gamers over the years from killing good IP's to the playstation network being hacked by anonymous and taken down for over a week. Sony has a lot to prove this go around to bring back the people they lost, And In order for them to win this time they are going to need to bring the best games and even reload some old IP's like legacy of kain, FF7 reboot something fans wanted since Ps2. Re make survival horror like it was in RE, and RE 4. Stop putting all your faith in CoD and make new and amazing FPS one of the reasons Xbox was killing in sales Gears of War, Halo ect.. 

I will be happy to own a playstation again if this time they make it about the gamer and stop with the fails like MAG quit putting all the efforts behind SOE and watching so many good games get taken down.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528
    The only issue I had with the PS3 was the exorbitant price-tag it had on initial release, so I waited unitl it dropped to the GNP of a small country. I love mine and am going to go PS4 without apology.
  • KhayotixKhayotix Member UncommonPosts: 231
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

I work for a ISP most of our calls from customers who buy consoles do it for Netflix and streaming Video. You can say Sony is going to win this war and they might but for the Adult crowd who enjoys Netflix and other videos including live tv and sports Xbox will win over any other streaming device.. MS was smart to let content from the Xbox be used on tablets and smart phones..

Sony lost a lot of respect from gamers over the years from killing good IP's to the playstation network being hacked by anonymous and taken down for over a week. Sony has a lot to prove this go around to bring back the people they lost, And In order for them to win this time they are going to need to bring the best games and even reload some old IP's like legacy of kain, FF7 reboot something fans wanted since Ps2. Re make survival horror like it was in RE, and RE 4. Stop putting all your faith in CoD and make new and amazing FPS one of the reasons Xbox was killing in sales Gears of War, Halo ect.. 

I will be happy to own a playstation again if this time they make it about the gamer and stop with the fails like MAG quit putting all the efforts behind SOE and watching so many good games get taken down.

You forgot to mention the very important statistic MS has overlooked. Less than half of U.S. households have broadband or higher internet access. Of the half that don't, good chunk have no internet access at all.

Hope MS can sell a whole lot of Ones in China and Korea.

I personally think MS is going to lose this battle, but as far as your internet statistic for US Households, Facts to back that up? That seems grossly low.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

My PS3 offers netflix, amazon tv and an assortment of other television, music and movie services both downloadable and streaming...so its afe to assume PS4 will too. And when ti comes to exclusives the playstation has imo the best ones while xbox mostly were just 5-7 hours shooter games like Halo and Gears.  Playstation had FInal Fantasy series, Metal Gear Series, Demon Souls (the original dark souls), Uncharted, Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Infamous series, and almost forgot the God of War Series. PS4 is about to have Bungies next mmog Destiny, Capcoms Deep Down, next Killzone, Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn and Final Fantasy 15 (versus 13) and they have more to show at E3. Ill bet that most of the exclusives MS will show at E3 will require Kinect and will be casual family friendly social type games and not for the hardcore gamers. And one of the best things as a Playstation Plus member on PSN is that i can download many indie, arcade games and AAA games for free as many as I want from the loads of choices every month or get a big discount if its not free.

• SpellforgedSpellforged Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Xbox One can join the failure club with the Wii U.

WASHINGTON — Roughly 40 percent of Americans do not have high-speed Internet access at home, according to new Commerce Department figures that underscore the challenges facing policymakers who are trying to bring affordable broadband connections to everyone.

The Obama administration and Congress have identified universal broadband as a key to driving economic development, producing jobs and bringing educational opportunities and cutting-edge medicine to all corners of the country.

"We're at a point where high-speed access to the Internet is critical to the ability of people to be successful in today's economy and society at large," said Larry Strickling, head of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA), an arm of the Commerce Department that released the data Tuesday.

The NTIA and the Rural Utilities Service, part of the Agriculture Department, are in the middle of handing out $7.2 billion in stimulus funding for broadband. Most of that money will be used to build networks in parts of the country that lack high-speed Internet access.

Either way we slice it I will wait till E3 to see what way I am going. But nothing will replace my Amd 8 core cpu with 16 gigs of ram and my Nivida 690TI card with 3 gigs of DDR5 ram..  Running on Zorin Os using playonlinux. Until a console can push those bounds I use my pc to game 9 to 1 if the game is out for both consoles and pc.

I simply just wanted to point out too early to cry about anything until we get full details at E3 June 10th... Hope to even see a bit about the new android app game console looks kinda neat.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    What's a console? Isn't that something you do for someone after the loss of a loved one?

Joined - July 2004

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Treekodar
    "But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.
    "We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said."Sounds good to me.

And you believe that "a solution" will be a great thing, no matter what?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

Originally posted by nerovipus32
    People will buy it anyway, even if it asked  you to sacrifice your first born child to power up the console, people would still accept it. I sometimes wonder are all the people on this planet real people or are some just programmed consumers....
    lol "Have money will buy!" should be the new Gamer motto...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

I just had a thought...

What about Multi-Player local gaming? It is not even touched on.

For those worried about "borrowing" games from friends, is it still possible to go the friend's house and play a local MP game on their friend's console? MS talked about "Bring your consoles to a friend's house and play.", but that seems really strange to me. Are they implying multi-player aspects here? Play games that you have on your console at a friend's house and play games on their console, too, in a local MP mode?

Do players even do that? Or are all (or at least most) mp games done over the internet?

Pardon my ignorance here as I don't do mp on my xbox.

- Al

- FARGIN_WAR