Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do your armor stats still apply if you are "showing" your fashion gear instead?

travisltravisl Member Posts: 3

In the character page, you can easily toggle between showing your regular armor and your fashion armor.  But I'm wondering - if you run around in your fashion armor...  do you still have the stats/bonuses/effects of your armor? 

All my characters are low level, and doing the first few quests seem to be equally difficult either way.  I'm not sure if that just means my equipment sucks (I'm sure it does at level 4) or if the "plain clothes" are just for show, but the armor is still in effect.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Comments

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168
    Well, you can find out easily as long as you have at least one item with stats on it. Then switch panels and watch your character's stats. If they change, then you have your answer.
  • LanessarLanessar Member Posts: 87
    Originally posted by Zuvielify
    Well, you can find out easily as long as you have at least one item with stats on it. Then switch panels and watch your character's stats. If they change, then you have your answer.

Sort of.

During alpha, there were three bugs which discounted this theory, and it requires an in-depth test.

First one: Anything in the neck slot when a fashion neck was equipped (like the Foundry Apprentice cloak) would be ignored on the stat-based item. So, technically, until you have a neck-stat item, you wouldn't notice this. And, until you had a neck-slot fashion item, it would not ignore when you swapped (since it was empty).

Maybe they fixed all that and maybe they didn't, but it would require checking stats before and after (as you intimated). However, tracking down the "difference" might be trickier.