Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else signed up ages ago and still hasn't received beta invite?

GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

My "thank you for signing up" e-mail is dated 3rd October 2011 and I haven't received an invite.

Great way to reward those who have been interested about the game for years Oo

Anyone else in the same boat?

Comments

• JalitanJalitan Member UncommonPosts: 104
    There are tens of thousands of people in the same boat as you. They only took in 15000, in the last week, from everyone around the world that requested beta. 
  • EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

there are probably around a million other gamers that dint got a invite and might be supportive of this game far longer then you. there is absolute no reason to incl a frustrated comment like :

"Great way to reward those who have been interested about the game for years Oo"   

perhaps its time to look around as see if there is anything more important to be frustrated about, Like silly laws that put kids in jail for being in love.  (facebook)

• ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

I signed up when they first started. It does look like an awesome game so far.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Welcome to how Beta invites ARE? Not sure why you feel its an entitlement that you get into beta. I guess in cases a lot of games just claim closed beta and use it for hype throwing invites to anyone and their mother, so perhaps thats why your feeling like your owed it. Betas are suppose to be about testing, often with a small sample of people testing things out.
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow

My "thank you for signing up" e-mail is dated 3rd October 2011 and I haven't received an invite.

yea and the beta pick ups are done by randomly wich sucks , companies should put more effort into " hiring " beta testers from players who actually give input and have experience about testing rather than giving a change to player type who just game and give no input.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    I signed up with multiple emails and haven't received a word. All good in the hood though. Still watchin and waitin

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Signing up ages ago does not guarantee you anything.

• LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

That's how the cookie crumbles.

• kizan0601kizan0601 Member UncommonPosts: 61
    Originally posted by Jalitan
    There are tens of thousands of people in the same boat as you. They only took in 15000, in the last week, from everyone around the world that requested beta. 

They did not take in that many last week......the 15000 number is how many invites are going to be sent for the stress test that is happening really soon according to their twitter post. Once stress test is over if you took part in it your closed beta invite will be pushed through rather quickly.

Actually they just announced the stress test is this weekend and emails are going out now for it!!!!!!!!!

• jp4lyfejp4lyfe Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by kizan0601

They did not take in that many last week......the 15000 number is how many invites are going to be sent for the stress test that is happening really soon according to their twitter post. Once stress test is over if you took part in it your closed beta invite will be pushed through rather quickly.

Actually they just announced the stress test is this weekend and emails are going out now for it!!!!!!!!!

This.

The CLOSED beta (1 and 2) invited 2k each I heard. Thats only 4,000 invites so far out of how many applications? The numbers are not in our favor.

• chase17tnchase17tn Member Posts: 93
    while i played the beta there was only 107 players so i am pretty sure beta 2 was only about 300 players or hell it might have said how many have played or was playing 107 players its still early stages so dont worry your not missing nothing but bugs at the moment.

made by nonny
    and
    made by Braggi

thanks both u guys

• chase17tnchase17tn Member Posts: 93
    something cool they did to keep ppl from breaking nda they put your name all over the screen so they can kick you out of you do videos/ss

made by nonny
    and
    made by Braggi

thanks both u guys

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by faxnadu

yea and the beta pick ups are done by randomly wich sucks , companies should put more effort into " hiring " beta testers from players who actually give input and have experience about testing rather than giving a change to player type who just game and give no input.

It would be wrong to assume that all beta testers chosen randomly would just be in it to "try" the game out and give no input. It would be a better plan to kick out testers who don't log in and/or provide zero input. If they only picked people with tons of experience, it would rule out a lot of players who legitimately want to beta the game and gain experience doing so. Doesn't matter how you pick people, just what they do once getting in... 

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

I just don't see the point in taking signups 1½ years before the beta if you are not going to give any priority over the people who signed up this week for example.

Frankly I feel bit offended by this.

For example in FFXIV they actually gave priority to players who were playing the first version of the game before the beta for A Realm Reborn started.

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    It is disappointing but the numbers are not in our favor. I think they said they had about 100k or 200k applications, far more than they anticipated. Closed beta 1 and 2 only had a few thousand invites go out and who knows how many actually accepted. They do however choose testers for betas on specific criteria but even then, the chances are not good for us. As for the Stress Test, they said they've already sent out those invites and that even was only about 15k which is not a lot still, but they did say that those invites were entirely random. Either way, I still have not gotten anything and I've been following this game for a long time. Kind of sad.
  • HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

yeah...and?

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    Originally posted by chase17tn
    something cool they did to keep ppl from breaking nda they put your name all over the screen so they can kick you out of you do videos/ss

They did the same thing in the GW2 closed Beta.

@Op. Here is something to think about, you could sign up for beta 10 seconds after registration and never get in, thats the way it works.  Same thing happened to me with Tor and the only way I got into beta was with a key from this site. Get used to it, they don't owe you anything.

• skiiro00skiiro00 Member Posts: 8

I just don't see the point in taking signups 1½ years before the beta if you are not going to give any priority over the people who signed up this week for example.

Frankly I feel bit offended by this.

For example in FFXIV they actually gave priority to players who were playing the first version of the game before the beta for A Realm Reborn started.

With that kind of reasoning one might think that you also want the ones playing on the lottery who buys their tickets on a monday should have a priority/bigger chance of winning the big $ over those who bought it on tuesday, seriously.

And whats to get offended by, we sign up for the "chance" of entering beta, even if some of us signed up the same day as it was possible it doesnt say that a few others, and with the amount of people watching this title i go loosely with the "few",might be alot.. that signed before and/or at the same time as you/we did, dont they get as much priority in that case?..

We sign, we hope... if we dont get our invite, we wait, we watch, and some day release will come and we can play. Simple as that. Wishfull thinking that a new game should use the same rollout of betainvites as an already released game wich people has payed for is riddiculous.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

That's what invitation/selection beta's are about, you either get in or you don't, stop crying about it.

'Waah waah, i joined then and then, i applied then and then, i should be privilidged' - no you're not, shut up and hope like the rest of us.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Just because you signed up doesn't mean you'll get into the beta.
  • IsawaIsawa Member UncommonPosts: 1,051
    Signed up before you, but I understand it is a random process at this point of time. image For those who are getting in. According to twitter, the 15k for the stress test are/have been going out today.
  • VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897

signed up august of 2011

almost hope i dont get in because i tend to stop playing everything once i get into a beta and i never alow myslef to progress in the beta. so i end up not enjoying anything.  good luck to the rest of you!

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I just got an invite yesterday for stress test. You should check your mails. I dl the client but it says failed at end of download. Anyyone know what is wrong?
  • mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988

^^ Do you really think you are alone OP ;D

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

yep .. unfortunately :(