Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disliked Defiance?

nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70
Anyone out there that bought defiance for PC and didnt like it?

Comments

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

Purchased? No.

There was a theme of lacking hustle from the developers that told me to keep my wallet away.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Yes.  I bought it and didn't care for it one bit.
  • LanceCLanceC Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Got it for 30% off or something. It's fun but buggy ...probably not a game to play more than a few months as a casual. Overall I think it was worth it.
  • nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Fun game when all I want to do is log in a blow shit up for a half hour or so.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by AZHokie54
    Fun game when all I want to do is log in a blow shit up for a half hour or so.

Yea I definitely find it worth just as much as the box price of any other game I have played and more so than some.

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

For the price....it is just about right. Fun with friends. Don't live in the game like so many seem to wish to do.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I was in the proper 'always on' beta for the game for months and didn't buy the game after.. if that helps.

I'd honestly say wait for a sale, if that's why you're asking.. but some people seem to love it so.. you could be one of them.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Bought it from a cd-key shop for  a decent price and I would say I disliked it more than I liked it... just because the feeling of progression felt a little off alongside a direct copy of Borderlands style, couldn't have that. It was smoothe though.
  • redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    I didn't buy it, because I didn't like it when I did play it.  Heh.
  • nicariftnicarift Member UncommonPosts: 70
    I actually played Beta and loved the game. The entire franchise is entertaining to me. The mechanics we're well set and smooth and the story was well written!
  • xBenzinxxBenzinx Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by nicarift

Yep.

IMHO it's quite possibly the worst MMO ever made.  If someone plans to reply to that, keep in mind the 'IMHO' part of that statement.  

At this low point in MMO gaming, I refuse to play even the shiniest turd.

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

First few days I played it really loved it, minus a few things.  Three weeks later got a refund on my season pass, uninstalled and will never play again.  Defiance is like the opposite of a game that grows on you.  At first it hits you hard and within no time you're bored out of your mind and sick of it.  Well, at least that was the case for me.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

Bought it, played it once and was so disappointed that I shelved it. It's not entirely bad, but if I wanted shallow twitch play I can

play CoD or Halo.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• atuerstaratuerstar Member Posts: 234
    What it does it does well. It just needs to do a hell of a lot more to give it longevity and depth, which now worries me as the layoffs occurred. If there is any game out right now that needed more content and NO LAYOFF's its Defiance.
  • DemalisDemalis Member Posts: 134
    Bought it liked it, really liked the leveling feature. Areas are not out leveled, this helps with exploring and immersion.  However, the chat was so bad, that after I finished the main story I just left. Not being able to communicate and see that the world is alive makes for little to do at end game. But played it for 70+ hours for 60 bucks. That is a hell of a lot better than most sp games coming out nowadays.
  • FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277
    The missing chat window is the bad part of the game for me. I don't know how they can fix that with console players running around because they can't all type.

I'm 25 or 30 hours in and I love how much better this is than most mmos - vehicles move fast, critters have AI and attack ranges are long. Also, no trinity. For me this is much closer to a next Gen MMO after EQ1 than Wow or GW2 or SWTOR. Assuming their cash shop doesn't try to nickel and dime me, I'll likely be playing this for awhile.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

I tried the beta and disliked everything about it... I love the show on the other hand, can't wait to watch tonight's episode. It's the highlight of my Monday evening.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168

I think the game is absolutely worth the box price. Especially if you enjoy doing side quests.

However, that said, I don't find any reason to log on anymore. But I do think the initial play-through makes it worth $50

• ZuvielifyZuvielify Member Posts: 168
    Originally posted by Fennris
    The missing chat window is the bad part of the game for me. I don't know how they can fix that with console players running around because they can't all type.

I'm 25 or 30 hours in and I love how much better this is than most mmos - vehicles move fast, critters have AI and attack ranges are long. Also, no trinity. For me this is much closer to a next Gen MMO after EQ1 than Wow or GW2 or SWTOR. Assuming their cash shop doesn't try to nickel and dime me, I'll likely be playing this for awhile.

Console players are not on the same server as PC, so they could do something specific for PC. They may eventually, but I don't know of any interviews saying they will

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It's an average MMORPG and an average FPS. Nothing really that special. It's an OK game but that's about it.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• FennrisFennris Member UncommonPosts: 277
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    It's an average MMORPG and an average FPS. Nothing really that special. It's an OK game but that's about it.

Average MMO?  There's only one or two like it that I know of.  What do you mean average?  As for the FPS... again, only one or two allow for 50 people to be fighting in the same area for the same objectives.  You may not like it, you may not be impressed, but it's not just another shooter and it's not just another eq clone.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

It has almost no content within the game. I feel a bit scammed from this product. I essentially have to wait for them to add DLC to equate to a standard MMO. Yeah, that's right. I think this game has less content then other MMO's recently released. So not only do I have no content right now. But I have to pay for any additional content they release.

I don't feel quite scammed , but am extremely let down by Trion overall with this game. Just not at all up to the standards I'd expected of them after Rift.

I can see why it got in the 60's from PCGamer this month , it might be reasonable on the console side , but on the PC side , it's barely a passing grade for a full retail price game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.