Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This is an outrage and I quit

Comments

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Grailer

Almost 70%+ want server wipe and all they did was ban a few people for 72 hours . The economy is still destroyed .

I can't see how I can play in a game where I know some players have a huge unfair advantage over others because the AH is really the main end game and will take months to recover .

So I quit .

I really like to know where people get their % from.

Also for your information, you might aswell stop playing games as you are bound to have people in that game with a hugh unfair advantage regardless legit or illegal.

Also a wipe would do allot more harm to the game, not everyone rushes thru the game to end game in a couple of day's. Meaning not everyone has the time to devote to Neverwinter as much, which with a full wipe would mean those of us who actually read/follow the story's need to do them all over again. While the game is fun and I am playing with my second character I don't think there is that much difference going thru the game again from the start with a full wipe.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

[mod edit]

many of us said it when this game was in beta "stay away from PWE games, they are the worst f2p publisher",  but did you people listen? you went ahead  and bought "founder packs", then kept defending the high price in cash shop and finally when they screw you over you start crying. serves you people right. next time do some research before spending money in f2p game. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    Game is trashed. Not quitting, but I don't think there's any point doing anything beyond logging on every week or so to see if there are any cool new Foundry modules to play.
  • ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785
    Originally posted by jesteralways

these f2p publishers have shit load of "defenders", they slave themselves in f2p games and when someone says something bad about their favorite f2p game they start  their "holy defense". you can't really get a proper argument from slaves, years of slavery has completely wiped their brain of intelligence, all they can say is "this game is f2p, you don't need to spend a dime to play". on the other hand  there are people spending money in game because that game is based on a famous IP, these people don't research about game publisher or the developer. after spending money they go into the piss poor game and start crying "god damn this publisher is worst in the world, i want refund". i don't know which one of these 2 type of people is the worst.

many of us said it when this game was in beta "stay away from PWE games, they are the worst f2p publisher",  but did you people listen? you went ahead  and bought "founder packs", then kept defending the high price in cash shop and finally when they screw you over you start crying. serves you people right. next time do some research before spending money in f2p game. 

Signed. 

+100

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by Hellidol
    meh the game will die slowly in a few weeks and even faster with ESO release or open beta.

There's a reason why Neverwinter started "open beta" when it did.

It's very careful timing. They're the only new kid on the block, and there's no other launches imminent.

They'll lose players (or will it still be "testers" ?) when TESO and Wildstar launch, but by then PWE will most likely almost have their next NEW SHINY F2P MMO ready to start "open beta"...

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205
    I just don't get the angst over all this. It hasn't affected in any way my gaming experience (except for not being able to play Sunday). I mean, it is a f2p casual game so why all the rage?

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Lol, more like 70% of the 10%

It's usually the most unhappy players that come to the forums to vent their displeasure, too.  It makes them seem much more significant then they actually are.

The economy of the game doesn't affect me because the AH is of no interest to me.  Every other player in the game could have a trillion AD, and I wouldn't be affected in the slightest because I only use my AD for ID scrolls on the rare occasions I run out of them.  I bet I'm not the only player who thinks like this, either.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Lol, more like 70% of the 10%

You don't know how statistics works do you ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margin_of_error

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by Hellidol
    meh the game will die slowly in a few weeks and even faster with ESO release or open beta.

On the plus side , at least NW gave us some FREE lols for a week until they broke their own game .

• Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456

Almost 70%+ want server wipe and all they did was ban a few people for 72 hours . The economy is still destroyed .

I can't see how I can play in a game where I know some players have a huge unfair advantage over others because the AH is really the main end game and will take months to recover .

So I quit .

I hope you at least left a big steaming pile on the boss's desk before you stormed out.  image

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

....unless Black Desert which is going to be the greatest MMO ever made .

Ohhh, if I only had a dollar every time I heard sentiments like that about a forthcoming game!  :D

Clearly you haven't watched the Trailer .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNtB5DoJ6OI

Damnet you jinxed it.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

these f2p publishers have shit load of "defenders", they slave themselves in f2p games and when someone says something bad about their favorite f2p game they start  their "holy defense". you can't really get a proper argument from slaves, years of slavery has completely wiped their brain of intelligence, all they can say is "this game is f2p, you don't need to spend a dime to play". on the other hand  there are people spending money in game because that game is based on a famous IP, these people don't research about game publisher or the developer. after spending money they go into the piss poor game and start crying "god damn this publisher is worst in the world, i want refund". i don't know which one of these 2 type of people is the worst.

Glad I didn't listen, the game is fun. Nope I didn't buy a founderpack, never bought pre-order or something similar for MMORPG's. I did however spend 15 € for Zen for those unlock key's to open Nightmare Lockboxes after playing the game for nearly 3 and half weeks. The rest of the Zen market doesn't intrest me.I thought I would spend about a sub worth each month, but at the moment not sure if I really need those key's, I gain Astral Diamonds just at a much lower pas then turning in some Idols (if lucky) 

Is the game MMORPG fun to me...NOPE, but the game is fun enough for a onlinegame to enjoy for me.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Reklaw

Glad I didn't listen, the game is fun. Nope I didn't buy a founderpack, never bought pre-order or something similar for MMORPG's. I did however spend 15 € for Zen for those unlock key's to open Nightmare Lockboxes after playing the game for nearly 3 and half weeks. The rest of the Zen market doesn't intrest me.I thought I would spend about a sub worth each month, but at the moment not sure if I really need those key's, I gain Astral Diamonds just at a much lower pas then turning in some Idols (if lucky) 

Is the game MMORPG fun to me...NOPE, but the game is fun enough for a onlinegame to enjoy for me.

My thoughts exactly, on a personal experience note, I took a survey and won free zen, went in-game looked at the Zen market and didn't see a damn thing I wanted to buy. Considering I can get the stuff I'd want for AD (ID scrolls/Gear), I see no real reason to ever use the Zen market unless I wanna throw Cryptic a bone for being a good boy, which I haven't felt them deserving of that yet, considering the many issues that have popped up since OB.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599
    Originally posted by ChaosLord83
    That 70% doesn't represent the entire population on neverwinter, considering maybe 10% of the people who play neverwinter actually go to the forums, its a pretty low number.

Tons of people don't vote.... scientific polls somehow are still accurate once just a small %'age vote.

• Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

OP I tried NW and found it just silly joke...
    200$ founder pack, AH, GM etc + ugly char = no thanks, stay away from crap, beside seems all PWE games has issues lately.

anyone got hope for better support, can already forget about. I have no clue what's wrong with PWE, but they fail all games: lags, dc, sever down etc crap.

NW is not even born yet, so no point to get tapped by it, IMO.

I see some better games coming soon, like TESO, Wildstar and Back Desert.
    OP better to quite now, before you create attachments than have large regrets after.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by Lovely_Laly

OP I tried NW and found it just silly joke...
    200$ founder pack, AH, GM etc + ugly char = no thanks, stay away from crap, beside seems all PWE games has issues lately.

anyone got hope for better support, can already forget about. I have no clue what's wrong with PWE, but they fail all games: lags, dc, sever down etc crap.

NW is not even born yet, so no point to get tapped by it, IMO.

I see some better games coming soon, like TESO, Wildstar and Back Desert.
    OP better to quite now, before you create attachments than have large regrets after.

Right,

The whole time I saw NW being developed I was thinking-- why are these devs asking for their game to fail?

The first warning sign should have been "oh you can pay yourself into beta for the great price of 200$ or whatever"

I mean come on, seriously, did anybody really think this MMO would be the next great thing? I give it 1 month of official release before it tanks hard.

• Pandaman102Pandaman102 Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by HorrorScope
    Originally posted by ChaosLord83
    That 70% doesn't represent the entire population on neverwinter, considering maybe 10% of the people who play neverwinter actually go to the forums, its a pretty low number.

Tons of people don't vote.... scientific polls somehow are still accurate once just a small %'age vote.

Actually, that's due entirely to polling method (there are "scientific" polls that are dismissed as inaccurate due to polling bias). By taking a large, non-select sample you can be reasonably sure it will reflect the general population. The problem with forum polling is that it's self-selective by nature: everyone who posts on a forum is already considered more "hardcore" (for the lack of a better word) than a casual player who doesn't care enough to look up the forums.

It's like going to the top of a mountain and holding a poll asking who would like to have an escalator installed. People who want the escalator aren't going to climb a mountain to answer to poll, while the people who do climb the mountain are mountaineers/hikers who won't really care about an escalator. The poll results will, therefore, be biased and unreliable.

Similarly with the forum polling, it's only being voted on by people who were pissed off by the exploit and by forum regulars who were around before the exploit drama occurred. Everyone who didn't vote either didn't care, didn't notice, or just bailed without a word, so there's no guarantee which way they swing regarding a wipe.

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648

People complaining about destroyed economies in F2P games... futile battle.  These games make real-money off of FUBAR economies.  They sell packs, items and credits for real money; complaining that something in game costs too much is pointless.

They want you to spend your money in their game to get more credits to keep p with the people who found the "flaw".  In a way, the "hackers" and abusers do them a favor.  Now you suffer the "keeping up with the Joneses" syndrome and the easiest remedy for that is to "BUY OUR SPECIAL HOLIDAY DEAL!"

Another example - check out Uncharted Waters Online.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Ya, 70% wanted a wipe yet in game is packed full of people who aren't even talking about this crap. They are just happy to play again.

• akkedis86akkedis86 Member UncommonPosts: 123
    And I would have quit if they wiped :p . You win some, lose some. Honestly, do you truly believe there is a way that they would have been able to make both parties happy?
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by akkedis86
    And I would have quit if they wiped :p . You win some, lose some. Honestly, do you truly believe there is a way that they would have been able to make both parties happy?

That's true about everything in the universe.

Wipe? No rollback!!

Cake? No pie!

Puppies? No Kittens!!

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281

So I quit .

Bubye!

Anyone thats logged in this week can see the economy is fine,(or at least about the same as it was at game start)  and if you were playing to play the AH theres better games for you out there so have fun with whichever AH market game you decide to stick with.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by akkedis86

If the devs were dicks they would've: Wiped, auto-leveled everyone to 60 but gave them no items with which to do stuff.

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Ya, 70% wanted a wipe yet in game is packed full of people who aren't even talking about this crap. They are just happy to play again.

Players hardly talk about this issue in game. As if nothing ever happened. All the drama is for forums..in game people are just happy to play game again.