Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So much added content

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Really?

i just cant see all the added content. Yes there was a single new zone added ( southsun) with a fun event, but not really much content.  Yes they made some ingame dungeons more accesible by creating the  fractals. Yes they added a bit of living story, but thats just abusing the old Ones allready there. And then there where the seasonal things, which they probably can use every year.

but what about adding real core content... New zones with totally new dynamic events and lore, more personal stories (or just stories for everyone to play and enjoy) more truely new dungeons.  Or adding new types of PvP combat.  And what about the 30 or so mini games that where promised at release... Nope they truely managed not adding anything substantial in that part.

And there even isnt any expansion pack on the horizon.

where the game aimed at explorers at release, there is not much to explore anymore.  

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778
    I think in terms of GW2 holiday events, puzzles, living story etc is what passes for content.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Really?

i just cant see all the added content. Yes there was a single new zone added ( southsun) with a fun event, but not really much content.  Yes they made some ingame dungeons more accesible by creating the  fractals. Yes they added a bit of living story, but thats just abusing the old Ones allready there. And then there where the seasonal things, which they probably can use every year.

but what about adding real core content... New zones with totally new dynamic events and lore, more personal stories (or just stories for everyone to play and enjoy) more truely new dungeons.  Or adding new types of PvP combat.  And what about the 30 or so mini games that where promised at release... Nope they truely managed not adding anything substantial in that part.

where the game aimed at explorers at release, there is not much to explore anymore.  

The game isn't even 9 months old and you are whining? Give it a break man.

They have been fixing bugs, new WvW skills, etc., living world, The holiday special add ins, etc. That isn't enough for you? What do you want?

There is a plan for an expansion - but when it comes out no one knows yet.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Really?

What you are asking is clearly expansion pack material.

For example in the Flame and Frost living story they added a few story instances and a dungeon.

Of course now it is gone.

They have also been adding mini games (like the recent crab toss), including one not so mini game in the SAB.

Of course they are working on an expansion pack or do you really thing they have 300+ people working on the current live game?

They have 40-50 people in their live team while the bulk of their people is working on an expansion that has been mentioned, but not with a time line.

Did you finish all the personal stories or at least 1 per race?

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

but what about adding real core content... New zones with totally new dynamic events and lore, more personal stories (or just stories for everyone to play and enjoy) more truely new dungeons. 

That's exactly what they've added. A new zone with new events and lore, more solo instances with cutscenes a new permanent dungeon and a temporary dungeon. In six days we're getting even more DEs, another new dungeon, more story content and some other stuff.

Were you expecting a new zone every month or something? Making a zone is a lot of work.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by botrytis

Really?

They have been fixing bugs, new WvW skills, etc., living world, The holiday special add ins, etc. That isn't enough for you? What do you want?

A little game with a little budget managed to release a HUGE zone, many claim to be the best dungeon ever created 6 months after release, called Darkness Falls. GW2 has very little content released in reality. DF alone makes GW2 additions look minor at best.

• raslirasli Member UncommonPosts: 56

Really?

I am actually not sure what do you mean by ingame dungeons more accessible by creating the fractals.  In case you don't know, all the dungeons in fractals are new, they are not just existing dungeons that now you can access through fractals. 

In addition to fractals, they also added the new morten alliance dungeon, the super adventure box (which has so many places to explore), they completely re-did Orr and AC dungeon, add tons of new events to southsun area, two new personal stories with the flame and frost update and more coming at the end of this month.  They also added a lot of changes to spvp, new tournament style, two new maps (one with a CTF syle), custom arenas, spectator mode etc.  You can play different mode of pvp now with the custom arenas if you want.

Edit:  They also added guild missions, which consists of guild bounties, rushes, challenges, and huge guild puzzle challenges.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

I think, explorers have no game in a themepark.

• MuntzMuntz Member UncommonPosts: 332
    Originally posted by rasli

Really?

I am actually not sure what do you mean by ingame dungeons more accessible by creating the fractals.  In case you don't know, all the dungeons in fractals are new, they are not just existing dungeons that now you can access through fractals. 

In addition to fractals, they also added the new morten alliance dungeon, the super adventure box (which has so many places to explore), they completely re-did Orr and AC dungeon, add tons of new events to southsun area, two new personal stories with the flame and frost update and more coming at the end of this month.  They also added a lot of changes to spvp, new tournament style, two new maps (one with a CTF syle), custom arenas, spectator mode etc.  You can play different mode of pvp now with the custom arenas if you want.

Pretty much this. I'd add guild events.

Additionally, there are mixed messages on an expansion at this point. 

• TreekodarTreekodar Member Posts: 524

"WTF Blizzard, all you added was a new dungeon? Stop wasting resources!"

"Oh wow ArenaNet thank you for the new dungeon, truly an amazing addition"

Oh the joy of playing neither of those games.

Eleanor Rigby.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by Soki123

Really?

A little game with a little budget managed to release a HUGE zone, many claim to be the best dungeon ever created 6 months after release, called Darkness Falls. GW2 has very little content released in reality. DF alone makes GW2 additions look minor at best.

Which one is that - please actually state which one it is...  DF makes itself look minor - it doesn't matter how much they add in if the game is unplayable.

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Treekodar

b2p and p2p + buying exp its quite a diffrent...

strange that you are in the gw2 forum without any interest in the game....

"WTF Blizzard, all you added was a new dungeon while taking $90? Stop wasting resources!"

"Oh wow ArenaNet thank you for the new dungeon, truly an amazing free addition"

Fixed.

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Really?

Which one is that - please actually state which one it is...  DF makes itself look minor - it doesn't matter how much they add in if the game is unplayable.

Some was unplayable, but for a small company it was a huge addition, and the fixes were decently quick for such a small team. DF is easily more content then the last 9 months of GW2 carnival rides.

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123

Some was unplayable, but for a small company it was a huge addition

lol... whats the point of adding stuff thats unplayable?

a part of creating and adding stuff is to make sure its playable as well or have i missed something?

• simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    After you play and finish a single player game do you complain that there's not enough free DLC packs being released? 
  • stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by simsalabim77
    After you play and finish a single player game do you complain that there's not enough free DLC packs being released? 

This. I always said the GW2 is more like a console game than anything else. I treat it as such. I play the new content as it comes out and then shelve it until later. I wish the new content lasted a little longer. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951

Thank you so much for speaking my mind. Seriously.

These people making these grandeose claims make me lol.

Just came from the official forums there are sooooo many players plugging their ears going "lalalala" and wearing their blindfolds I am amazed that they can't see the forest for the trees. 

The backpack from the newest LS is a great example of what's wrong with the picture. Everyone's praising them for allowing an easy number of things to accomplish to obtain this backpack thru achievements but what they are missing is what Anet isn't doing.

They just said they are making buttloads of money, yet to this day the explorer achievement for completing the world exploration, something that's done only by PVEers generally, and it's well known that it is, STILL requires the locations in the mists.

If they are making so much darned money then why haven't they fixed that glaring problem? Explorers aren't PVPers we're PVEers we don't go into open pvp zones to get achievements!

Next they'll add a minizone that doesn't have DR and everyone will praise them because they'll be able to get loot, meanwhile the rest of the world will have DR and the same old loot nerfs and no one with blinders on will notice that either.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Not to sound lame, but I really like you Lord. Its nice to see someone who enjoys GW2 that can actually admit its flaws and short comings rather then the rampant fanbois that cry its the second coming and think its perfect despite quite obvious flaws. Seriously, I don't get how they expect a game to improve if they can't see its short comings and try to push for it to be fixed or improved upon. As much as I dislike GW2 and feel its lack luster, it doesn't change the fact I'd still want it at least improved for those who can enjoy it.

GW2 always felt like it lacked content. To its defense, its attempt to make it 'casual' meant a lot of the grind wouldn't be part of it. While there is some that exists (and it can be quite rough), its no where near as much as other games, making it feel like there is a lot less to do that really feels productive. It seems to focus a lot in new content on combat rather then trying mini games like you said. I personally feel the combat in GW2 is probably its weakest element, yet it seems time and time again to be pushed upon the player rather then adding other elements to change it up. Mini games seem trivial, but they add a bit of spice, adding a nice touch and giving players something different to do to waste their time on things.

I really feel GW2 if it wants to add content it has to actually give worth wild content to do, not just little 'events'. Having additional activities added to the normal stuff the game has gives something to enjoy. Give people that variety, change it up from just 'event: Kill this, kill that, finish event'. How about some interesting puzzles? Perhaps a special Rock Paper Scissor mini game to play with friends? Its really easy, even the smallest bit of flare can help give a sense of having more to the game and can fill in that time leaving players feeling less like they are getting practically nothing.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Purutzil

I really feel GW2 if it wants to add content it has to actually give worth wild content to do, not just little 'events'. Having additional activities added to the normal stuff the game has gives something to enjoy. Give people that variety, change it up from just 'event: Kill this, kill that, finish event'. How about some interesting puzzles? Perhaps a special Rock Paper Scissor mini game to play with friends? Its really easy, even the smallest bit of flare can help give a sense of having more to the game and can fill in that time leaving players feeling less like they are getting practically nothing.

I enjoyed the game for the levling process, I know I've been negative lately but like Dontain said you become invested in a game when you buy it and the people who speak negatively about a game aren't always people who just hate it just to hate the thing. 

I don't hate the game I don't have the devs, I do think the ratio between what's wrong and what's right is way too skewed. There's so much wrong now nothing short of a major game patch or an expansion (I wouldn't pay for one unless they removed alot of problems open world pveers face) is going to fix it.

And people keep saying be patient, you know what, we've been plenty patient, it's almost the anniversary now. The time of patience is well beyond gone, it's time for them to pony up with what they told us this game would be, otherwise it really is a strong case for a bait and switch trial. That's how bad it is. LS was admitedly an experimentation on their part not an actual fix to the problem of them ignoring the open world content for 8 months. Anyone who claims otherwise is not being honest. That's on top of the minigames and activities not being added (those promised and those that have been ignored entirely).

For example. If they had actually delivered on their promise and just put forth 10 new DE's and 1 meta a month that would have been a huge score of content. They could do it too, they have the means, according to them doing DE's and metas were quick cheap and easily spit out in their system of putting together content like that. They even said it was faster then any dungeon building process. Add to that the huge profits they're supposedly making gotta ask yourself uhm where's the content? it certainly isn't this LS crap!

Of course WvW isn't considered PvP it is a PvE/PvP hybrid.

The locations on the WvW are just a question of time to get them.

Also Living Story is exactly Dynamic Events and Metas, that are added and removed.

Remember how they say that not only they would add DEs they would also remove them?

Lastly one can't expect for everything that has been said during development to survive reality - there are adjustments, some things just don't work, they think about other things, etc.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Whitebeards
    I think in terms of GW2 holiday events, puzzles, living story etc is what passes for content.

That's how it felt to me.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735

Blizzard went 9 months without adding anything to wow before mop.

• GeobardiGeobardi Member Posts: 68

I found a video in Youtube that compiles all the changes and evolution of GW2 in these 9 months.

I hope to see more content in a future expansion, but i'm happy with how the game has evolved so far and i enjoyed every update until now.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Ok, movie was way to long and starts out with bug fixes. That is a long way from new content.

Does anyone have a good list of the content added? I made a quick once through the listed releases and all I am seeing is

Events
    Fractals of the Mists dungeon
    Guild  missions
    Spirit Watch pvp map
    Molten weapons story dungeon
    Southsun zone

I haven't been back since the first month or so. I am sure someone can give us a better list. And are the Story dungeons permanent or do they go away as the living story progresses?

But compared to Rift's first 9 months it seems a bit thin.

River of Souls Raid
    Gilded Prophecy Sliver (10 man raid)
    Crafting Rifts
    Hammerknell Raid
    Water Saga
    Drowned Halls Sliver
    Library of the Runemasters Warfront
    Greenscale Chronicle (2 man instance)
    Hammerknell Chronicle
    Master difficulty Dungeons (in addition to Normal and Expert)
    Ember Isle Zone
    Caduceus Rise Dungeon (11 bosses)
    Rise of the Phoenix Sliver

This is just the major content additions, it doesn't include the events, new rift types and all the features added during this period.

All die, so die well.

• VikingGamerVikingGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

Don't misunderstand me however, I didn't leave for lack of content, I just didn't like the combat. GW2 is great for content. It is the first game in a long time to come out with distinct multiple leveling zones for each race. The game started with an enormous amount of base content and that content is top notch with a great story.

Also the living story idea is pretty good. Keeps things flowing. But they are non-persisting updates. For someone like me who has been away for a while it makes me feel like I have forever missed the boat and that there is now really no reason to return. A blade that cuts two directions if you will. I don't want to be made to feel like I must play a game at the producers pace. If I need to take a break and I want to set the story down for a while I want to know I can pick it back up where I left.

But as far as permanent content additions I don't think GW2 has been any more than average and possibly a bit below.

All die, so die well.