Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[NA East Coast] Into Memoria - Endgame/Social Free Company

NORTH AMERICAN EST-BASED FREE COMPANY

Into Memoria is a pre-launch Final Fantasy XIV Free Company recruiting new members to fill our ranks in the coming months. We intend on starting on a brand new server, with the goal of giving new members (including ourselves) a chance to experience the game competitively, even though many of our founding members have preexisting characters in FFXIV, since the game is a totally new experience from its previous version. We will not be playing on an existing server.

Recruitment is currently: Closed

WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR

Our members come from many backgrounds, not all of them progression raiding. Though we intend to pursue endgame together, as in previous iterations of our gaming group, it is not a requirement that all our members must do dungeons or even reach cap. Below are the few limitations we do have:

• Must be 18 years old or over
  • Must have access to Teamspeak 3
  • Must utilize voice chat for all Free Company organized events, including dungeons/raids, leve grinding, Free Company static EXP group and quest runs, and other mandatory fun-time events
  • NA-based member preferred, all time zones welcome

While we understand voice chat may be a sticking point for some members, the lack of requiring a means of verbal communication has resulted in community fragmentation in each group we have participated in. We will not force you to speak, of course, if it makes you uncomfortable, but being able to listen in is necessary.

HOW TO APPLY

Interested members can use the link posted below to apply to Into Memoria.

We hope to see you in Eorzea soon!

BASIC INFO

FocusEndgame, crafting, social

Time ZoneEastern (GMT -5)

Voice ChatTeamSpeak 3

ABOUT US

Into Memoria is a 3 year old group of gamers from several MMOs. From what began as a pre-launch FFXIV 1.0 linkshell, our community has successfully participated in several MMOs, such as FFXI, and has succeeded as an endgame progression guild in many of them, including RIFT and SWTOR. We pride ourselves in having members that hail from several levels of expertise, and rarely recruit based on pre-existing experience. We like to form lasting friendships with our members, as our community transcends any given game.

Comments

• DivinefairyDivinefairy Member Posts: 66

Hi all,

I've recently joined this guild and have enjoyed my short time so far.  If you read my previous post looking for a guild, this community fit exactly into what I was looking for.  If my post sounds like you as well, perhaps you should give us a look.

We're a new community of players who are starting fresh in XIV so it is an entirely new experience.

You're getting a quite a few things:

• A reasonable expectation.  We know that other things come first. Your job, your family, your friends.  We do not expect you to put the guild or the game before your personal life.
    • A team of players from all levels of play, but with a view to becoming as strong as they can.  We also have many extremely experienced MMO gamers and raiders with years/decade under their belt.  We have a great many who love to teach and foster newer players, and welcome more to come do so as well to further our genre.
    • A tight knit community that values each member, rather than flooding the linkshell with goons that noone talks to.  When you join this guild, you become part of the team like any other.  We speak mostly on a first name basis and have a great community feel.
    • Aggressive and competent management.  We're actively managing our roster and how our image is produced in the game, something that you can stand by and know that the name over your head means something and won't lose its juice.
    • Full on voice chatting during play/events.  We hardly use forums to communicate, only during off hours.  Come get to know us, get to know your team, and we'll be as effective as possible at end game.
    If that sounds like something you`d like, check us out at http://into-memoria.enjin.com

Thanks everyone!

• calog3no1calog3no1 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    I just joined the guild and I'm looking forward to a great gaming community in-game and to make some new friends. I can't wait for the launch of FFXIV ARR!!!!!
  • MeathooksMeathooks Member Posts: 10

Here's to hoping we all can get into beta together!

It's been so fun playing games like Torchlight II and hanging out with everyone on TS3 while we wait for ARR. Can't wait to kick a little ass with the gang in game.

• runnaTLrunnaTL Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Meathooks

Here's to hoping we all can get into beta together!

It's been so fun playing games like Torchlight II and hanging out with everyone on TS3 while we wait for ARR. Can't wait to kick a little ass with the gang in game.

I enjoyed playing TL2 with FC last week, I hope we can hit up again sometime soon! 

Very excited to hear everyone hopping on the 7th, to sign up for the beta.  Into Memoria is still looking for veterans of FFXI / FFXIV (1.0) and new players alike.  We will be on a North American server during beta and launch.

• naxilnaxil Member Posts: 1
    Hmm, i think I shal give this guild a shot. Cann not wait to play ARR with you all :)!
    As IM waits for ARR, we've had several of our members return to playing FFXI for a bit. We've been having a really good time doing it as well. I have to say everything is coming together extremely well so far. We're still recruiting though, so if you  are interested check out our website.

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Good luck to you!

Crafting groups such as yourselves will probably be running everything about the new servers with your organization and past experiences with crafting.

I'd definitely recommend anyone joining a new server to join one as it's likely they'll be the groups that regulate and manipulate the economy of the server at start!

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • KsamimKsamim Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Good luck to you!

Crafting groups such as yourselves will probably be running everything about the new servers with your organization and past experiences with crafting.

I'd definitely recommend anyone joining a new server to join one as it's likely they'll be the groups that regulate and manipulate the economy of the server at start!

You would be remiss to consider our Free Company a crafting group, as that is not our primary goal. Several of our members will be striving to establish a steady flow of gil within their market, but we are not looking to control the local economy in XIV. While we would love to have a hold on several markets to generate ease of access to tiers of weapons/gear, it is not our prerogative to establish an economic dominance on our chosen server. Likely, we will utilize our crafting classes to gear up our internal member base as a primary goal.

But hey, if economic manipulation is your thing, feel free to fill out an application! Just keep in mind that we are not a strictly crafting guild.

• MethiosMethios Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Good luck to you!

/facepalm

Into Memoria is now at 40 active members, and our forums are abuzz with discussions about the impending beta as well as many threads for getting to know our growing group. We started FFXI 2 weeks ago with many fresh characters and are all level 99 now! (Damn Abyssea...) Come join us on TeamSpeak to see what we are all about, or take a look at recent news every Friday for our Community Spotlight segment, where we highlight the biggest FFXIV news of the week. Peruse our forum to catch up on the basics of XIV 1.0, plan for your next PC upgrade to make the game really shine, or join in on a conversation about the state of the relaunch. If you feel up to playing for a bit, feel free to join us as many of us experience Dynamis and the mission storylines for the first time (man, CoP was cool!), or finally hit level cap like you always wanted to. Or you could play any one of the other games our members regularly engage in, such as League of Legends or even Terraria (I'm down!).

Into Memoria has grown exponentially since our launch in early December, both in quantity and quality of members. If you want to hit the XIV relaunch with a stable Free Company consisting of friendly, dedicated, and responsible gamers, then head to our recruitment page to fill out an application today!
    Everything Ksamim said, but special emphasis on the friday updates/community spotlight! I'll bet the fella that puts those together works real hard, he's really smart/funny too!

• DivinefairyDivinefairy Member Posts: 66

Thorgrim does NOT write those.

With Beta just a few days away, our forum activity is positively booming with our ever-expanding playerbase preparing for new information and, for many of them, beta access. Check out our new IRC chat channel and take part in one of our many active threads. With almost 50 members, recruitment will be closing soon, so get in while there is still room!

Into Memoria has hit a soft cap of 50 members. We will not be accepting new applicants (outside of friends and family) until our player base drops below our soft cap. Keep an eye on this thread if you are still interested, as I will update the thread accordingly.

Thank you for all your interest, and I hope to see youall in game!

We've reopened recruitment, and are ready to accept new members. If you think IM would be a good fit, visit the site and send in your application. Look forward to meeting new members!

We're actively seeking new members that are motivated about the relaunch of FFXIV. If you're interested in meeting new people and socially engaging in discussions please feel free to visit our site.
  • NeoscrillaNeoscrilla Member Posts: 4
    Hello everyone, I have been a part of Into Memoria for a while now and for anyone who is looking for a dedicated, intelligent, and fun group for the upcoming relaunch of FFXIV: ARR, I recommend that you put in an application at http://into-memoria.com. We are looking for strong minded, loyal and skilled gamers to join in building a strong presence with our Free Company. Many members have been friends for a long time and they are a very knowledgeable and reliable core of people. We have a Teamspeak server and are also active in many other games from RTS, MOBAs, FPS, and other MMOs. We have alot of FFXIV 1.0 refugees and many long time FFXI players in our ranks, so if this sounds like a good fit for you, please drop us a line! We look forward to hearing from you!
  • SerruSerru Member Posts: 9
    I recently joined this group and I'm having a great time so far. I spent a fair amount of time hopping around different groups to see what fit, and these guys feel like they stuck. They're the only group I come across that, despite the fact that the game has not released yet, feels like an active group of people! It's an awesome environment to be a part of. A FC that manages to stay active while the game they are focusing on is still a ways off if commendable, and I would encourage anyone seeking a friendly/focused group to toss an application our way.
    The preorder date is right around the corner! We are now increasing our member cap to 75 to accommodate the high interest in the Free Company and FFXIV. We’ve changed our recruitment application to better learn about our incoming applicants. In addition, along with our Funsie Friday game nights, we have introduced Movie Nights on Thursdays. Come join in on our activity and get to know our dedicated members before FFXIV launches!
  • ButterNuttzzButterNuttzz Member Posts: 18
    Did sumthing happen to ur website i go there and it says it doesnt exist
    You may be trying to visit into-memoria.enjin.com. We have since moved to www.into-memoria.com. where did you see the other link?
  • SxHxIxFxTxYSxHxIxFxTxY Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I applied to your LS and was never invited...
  • ButterNuttzzButterNuttzz Member Posts: 18
    I have seen it on here in the guild recruitment page
    Originally posted by ButterNuttzz
    I have seen it on here in the guild recruitment page

I believe it's because you may have clicked on Ksamim's signature, which still had our old website domain being used (Enjin).

Our current website: http://www.into-memoria.com/home

Preorders are up and our members are abuzz with excitement and activity over the information creeping in. With just a few short months left until launch, our members are occupying our time with gaming events and real life events, including online movie nights and even an upcoming trip to Atlanta for the Distant Worlds concert! Come take a look at our lively discussions and speculations over our developing flagship game and see if we fit the bill as the community that fits your needs!

We currently have 55 members, after having raised our member cap from 50 to 75. Please consider filling out an application at our website, and a moderator will get with you in less than a day.