Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Xbox ONE

Comments

• PrecusorPrecusor PalmaPosts: 4,733Member Uncommon
  • miranda23miranda23 ManchesterPosts: 7Member
    Precusor, are those buttons on the left?
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi LONDONPosts: 661Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by miranda23
    Precusor, are those buttons on the left?

Those are not buttons if I am not mistaken. I think those are air openings to cool down the console.

• onlinenow25onlinenow25 San Diego, CAPosts: 275Member
    Originally posted by Precusor

So you mean PS4 won't have their version of RROD like PS3 did?

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Fresno, CAPosts: 615Member
    Having to pay Microsoft to be "allowed" to play a used game? Good luck  with that one. I'll have an empty spot next to my PS4 and PC this generation.

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

• KabaalKabaal Edinburgh, ScotlandPosts: 3,012Member Uncommon
    I suppose it's best to wait until E3 for the full picture but yesterdays presentation smacked of a poor mans HTPC.
  • RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Virginia beach, VAPosts: 1,128Member Uncommon

Neither the PS4 or Xbox 1 are winning me over. Both of them have issues I don't like. Ill stick to PC gaming for now.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: SWTOR, ESO, WOT, and Marvel Heroes

• PurutzilPurutzil East Stroudsburg, PAPosts: 2,927Member Uncommon
    Obviously though, the console is just a filler, they were really pitching the controller which to me is one of the best looking controllers I've seen. Hoping for a way to hook it up to PC for sure. They can keep that weird box like thing that they are including with the amazing controller. 
  • CastillleCastillle KhobarPosts: 2,703Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by tkreep

PS4 is using a 8 core cpu.  They are both using the same exact graphics card from amd except the PS4 version is modified by sony.  Plus with the GDDR5 and larger HDD space overall the PS4 does have better specs.

Hold up Hold up.  They are NOT using the same exact graphics.  The PS4 has a stronger gpu than XboxOne  AMD even admitted it themselves.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member

Did ANY gamers ask for these features? Really?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• jpnzjpnz SydneyPosts: 3,529Member

I like what I saw.. kinda.

The 'Used Games Fee' or w/e they are doing is probably going to mean I won't get it though.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Fresno, CAPosts: 615Member
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Decades ago. And we got it. We called it a "PC". lol

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

• VesaviusVesavius BristolPosts: 7,647Member Uncommon

This generation of X-Box will be the first one that I am skipping.

That presentation looked like it was sponsored by Sony.

• SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickPosts: 1,200Member Uncommon

Personally, I think the xbox one and ps4 are going to not do to great.. why? because of a lack of any orignal software, all we are going to see is shitty shooter sequels and crappy dumbed down sequels of games. Honestly gaming has been in a death spiral since ps2 being obsolete by ps3. Also don't forget, if you buy a xbox one on release your a fool, because if its like the last 2 expect it to break in 1-3 months due to shoddy construction.

Also the fee to install pre-owned games is absoulte bullshit, not only does ms wanna make you pay to play any games online, now they wanan charge you to even install a game on the console? I mean come on. Personally, I hope some hacker group cracks the xbox one asap, just so people can pirate the hell out of the software just for spite due to how ms is doing things. I might buy a xbox one once pirating is an option, but I deff am not going to buy one otherwise solely because of how MS is doing things, once its cracked so you can bypass the used game fee, i'll maybe get one, assuming ti has anything on it worth actually playing, which I doubt after how shitty games have been the last few years, with sequels being worse than the orignal due to dumbed down and removed gameplay features (bioshock infinite is a prime example, they took out bascally everything that made bioshock well bioshock.).

Also, these guys need to stop trying to make consoles into a damn pc and just stick to the games, we do not need all these damn worthless social features and shit in a videogame console, if people wanted that kind of crap they'd get a pc, or a cell phone or something. 3DS is especally bad for this, you cannot 100% alot of the games because it relys on streetpass, and when you live in an area where I do where like no one has a 3ds, you can never 100% them ever, its just bad design.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• ZorgoZorgo Deepintheheartof, TXPosts: 2,226Member

I'm not sure gamers were the target audience. 

Seems like they are targeting families.

• SiveriaSiveria Saint John, New BrunswickPosts: 1,200Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Zorgo

I'm not sure gamers were the target audience. 

Seems like they are targeting families.

Yeah thats what the wii and wii-u did and look how they ended up. No one wants one because it has garbage for games.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

Well i don't really console game..

I do have a 360 but only because its something my x brought me for xmas one year haha.. I did enjoy the Forza games but that would not make me buy one..

Anyway I wont be buying a PS4 or an Xbox one.. Also why did they call it an Xbox one?

the fact that both PS4 and xbox are both based on PC hardware is a very good thing, it means games will be easy to port both ways so hopefully we might get to see some decent console ports to PC and vice versa..

• SuperPanekiSuperPaneki New York, NYPosts: 62Member
    They are reaching out for the casual.
  • NomYouNomYou LondonPosts: 2Member

Found Machinima video. Inside Gaming is just epic :D

Well, I'm still going to stick with my sexy pc, but the Xbox One looks very cool. Let's see what the price will be.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Sioux City, IAPosts: 3,828Member

Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

Decades ago. And we got it. We called it a "PC". lol
    ROTFLMAO

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi LONDONPosts: 661Member Uncommon

The Dev studio that starts making quality games for the PC with game controllers in mind, will win a big share in the market.

I bet my left nut that a big chunk of gamers will change to the PC in this next generation of consoles.

• ArthasmArthasm LoznicaPosts: 754Member Uncommon
    Lol, Microsoft, just lol! Someone send Balmer to mental institution asap.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Panama City, FLPosts: 619Member Uncommon
    Garbage system.  They're sooooo fucked haha.  Better start trying to backpedal and change the retarded always-online crap.
  • SaunZSaunZ Las Vegas, NVPosts: 159Member
    Originally posted by Sulaa
    Originally posted by Precusor

Xbox One Will Not Function Without Kinect Attached

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached

Geez..

I have an feeling that this has something to do with patent that allow camers / kinect-like devices to check HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE SITTING IN FRONT OF CONSOLE / TV.     Now group that with "DRM" and "face recognition" and "privacy"  :E

BUSTED!!  you have caught them!!  the US government is working with Microsoft to get XBox One in every US household so that they can monitor all activity through the Kinect.  

US + MS + Cloud = best, largest bad-guy database and profiling system in the world!!

USA USA USA!!!

Sz

:o)

• kb4blukb4blu Fuquay Varina, NCPosts: 683Member Uncommon
    It is obvious to me that Microsoft has kicked gamers to the curb.