Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox ONE

Comments

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    @ Elandir90 Played Eve for 10 years you do the maths my friend ;)

Asbo

• DoomedfoxDoomedfox Member UncommonPosts: 679

I will get both the Ps4 and the XBox1.

None of the systems is superior to the other one in my book and if i am lucky ill find me 2-3 games each year to play on them but that will not stop me from getting both systems again.

I just hope that PC games will finally be able to go the next step they couldnt go for years now cause Console were holding them bk.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by NightBandit

More BS console crap.... I've never owned one, neither will I ever. We need to take people away from the TV or screens and get us doing things outside again like we used to many years ago. Media is a major reason many people are now over weight and they just feeding this market to kill people by trying to get people to keep buying this crap.

The reason relationships are breaking down is because people have forgotten how to communicate, social activities are a dying thing we all need to get back too. What these console companies are doing is trying to get people addictive to their BS so the have a captured market and keep us spending our money on this shit.

The TV/Media/Console/PC have taken over our lives and we are becoming couch potatoes, we are all watching these income reducers and for me this is real sad.

SO F.U MS.

I love these posts.

/irony blows my mind

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by bestever

Originally posted by DavisFlight

Originally posted by Seelinnikoi The live stream is up! http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2013/05/21/next-gen-xbox-reveal-event-live-blog/ Are you excited ? :)  
    Not really. The 360 was the worst of the 3 consoles last generation and it seems to be more of the same this time around.
    Hows the most sold system the worst? guess people like spending money on the worst system lol.

You know, at the end of the day system specs are worthless. People will go to where the 'good' games are.

Wanna know why it was the most sold system. Everyone had to buy 3 because it kept breaking. so i guess its a great system to someone with a mass disposable income. i like my things to not break after buying them. So i like my PS3.

QFT

I bought my PS3 on day one.  I stood in line for hours to get it!  The thing still works like the day I bought it.  I got an 360 the day it was launched as well (my kids were console junkies, no they're PC junkies lol).  

- About 6 months later...the first one wouldn't turn on.  I sent it in and Microsoft "refurbished" it.  

- About 3 months later, it broke again and wouldn't take discs, only spit them out (luckily).  Sent in and they "refurbished" it again.  

- About 6 more months, the thing just died and was smoking.  It was out of warranty, and would cost more to get it LOOKED AT than to just go buy another one.  I bought another one.  

- About 8 months went by and it started to not want to play games (wouldn't recognize there was a disc in).  Sent in and microsoft "refurbished" it.

- Not even 45 days later, it died and smoked like the first one.  Sent it in and Microsoft fixed it.

- I swear like 2 days after the warranty expired it died again, no smoke this time.  Once again, it would cost more to send it in and get looked at (not even fixed) than to buy another one.  So I bought yet again another one.

- I got it home and the thing wouldn't turn on!  I took it back and got it exchanged.

- About 14 months later, it died after making a horrible grindy noise, then sparkles inside the box.  I've told Microsoft all of this and they said it was something I was doing, and it was out of warranty...never bought another xbox and never will again :)

P.S. I'm not buying a PS4 either, PC are just better in everything consoles can do.

Edit: If you polled me, the 360 has sold 3 times more consoles than the PS3 or Wii roflmao!

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

Sorry if repost but this is just too damn funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw&feature=youtu.be

• Yodi2007Yodi2007 Member Posts: 167
    Originally posted by Everket

TV Call-A-Doodie!!!

Below is where we can disscuss and come up with new ideas for Sandparks!

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5164689#5164689

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361

The PS4 and the XBOX ONE are pretty much the same system when it comes to system spec. What it'll come down to is the software that runs them and Microsoft will smoke sony hands down. People think sony will beat Microsoft because of exclusives, well that's been proven wrong already since xbox is the number one sold system.

Sony can't even come close to what xbox live offers and that's what kicks sony in the ass. Oh and lets not compare Sonys pile of crap move to the kinect which hands down is the best motion control I've ever used. If they fixed the rough edges that kinects launched with and it's even more accurate then Sony should just move on from motion control or try and copy Microsoft.

One other thing is Sony is losing exclusives anyway because most developers are tired of losing money because they chose to stick with one system, which happen to xbox. Games made by Sony will stay with Sony and the same goes for Xbox but the third party developers are putting games on both systems.

right they are losing exclusives...thats why naughty dog has always been making games just for playstation for so many years especially with one of their biggest working title now The Last of Us...Oh and theres also the killzone series plus metal gear series...oh and Final Fantasy 15 will be exclusive to PS4...and have you seen the Deep Down trailer?  Xbox has nothing but a bunch of shooters that i could beat in 5 to 7 hours.  At least the sony exclusives are a little different from each other and actually has some good story to the games.  Even nintendo has better exclusives than MS.  I have had both 360 and PS3 and xbox live isnt at all a big as a deal you make it out to be.  I been playin a lot of games in multiplayer on PSN just fine without any problems and PSN offers free full AAA games for being a member such as Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition.

Originally posted by Yodi2007
    Originally posted by Everket

TV Call-A-Doodie!!!

X-BOX GO HOME LOL

Originally posted by Mirathel

The PS4 and the XBOX ONE are pretty much the same system when it comes to system spec. What it'll come down to is the software that runs them and Microsoft will smoke sony hands down. People think sony will beat Microsoft because of exclusives, well that's been proven wrong already since xbox is the number one sold system.

Sony can't even come close to what xbox live offers and that's what kicks sony in the ass. Oh and lets not compare Sonys pile of crap move to the kinect which hands down is the best motion control I've ever used. If they fixed the rough edges that kinects launched with and it's even more accurate then Sony should just move on from motion control or try and copy Microsoft.

One other thing is Sony is losing exclusives anyway because most developers are tired of losing money because they chose to stick with one system, which happen to xbox. Games made by Sony will stay with Sony and the same goes for Xbox but the third party developers are putting games on both systems.

not really...the xbox one JUST got to 500gb which for an xbox is stupid because now that xbox will have blueray and im assuming like all Xboxes you can download your game from the disk to the harddrive...games are gonna be 20 gigs + 500gb is old news. The PS3 had 500gb last year and will have 1TB in the PS4. So how are the systems similar?

The PS4 is focusing on gaming and has better system specs. The xbox one is focusing on entertainment and the failed Kinect and it will always be online. We should call it Xbox None since there wont be any in people's homes :P

So you saying the systems are not the same because of hard drive size, really? Also sony hasn't stated what size hard drive will be in the PS4. The systems are pretty much the same except the cpu in the xbox since we really don't know what its capable of and sorry the PS4 doesn't have better system specs. It has the faster GDDR5  from what I see and that not that big of deal.

PS4 is using a 8 core cpu.  They are both using the same exact graphics card from amd except the PS4 version is modified by sony.  Plus with the GDDR5 and larger HDD space overall the PS4 does have better specs.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Maybe MS thinks games have become so formula driven in the face of stiff competition and high production expenses that the only real way to distinguish their console from the others was to turn it into an "all in one entertainment center" with more casual user features. I can already see them making more casual and cinematic games. The kinect is a kids feature for dance offs and sport titles in my view and now its a must have to operate the console.

I have other devices that can do everything the Xbox One can do better (excepting perhaps play games) and without having to pay all of the additional fees MS wants to tack on. The live subscription for multiplayer or streaming, new fees for used /rental games, lack of backwards compatibility to push new sales, silly DRM connection requirements, it all adds up to too much greed for too little return.

I will not be buying an Xbox One. Right now, the PS4 at least looks like a game oriented machine that can stream movies from Netflix and allow me to play multi-player without any additional or hidden fees to worry about. I can even loan a game to my brother or friend without worry. In essence, it does what I want as a game player without pushing crap I don’t want or will not use or charging me two or three times. However, even with the PS4 there is a catch.

You see, the past generation of consoles was characterized by companies taking some loss or breaking even on the hardware to get the units into people’s houses so that they could make profits off of the game sales. Some rather outrageous price figures for the upcoming generation of hardware are rumored though as yet remain unconfirmed. Something changed or perhaps its just the natural progression of greed.

The Steam Box from Valve is starting to look like it has a place on the market. I never actually thought that I would type that STEAM is a less intrusive means of DRM than what MS or EA want to push over onto us all...

I swear I keep thinking of those old B action movies from the 80's where you have the cliché evil business man snorting cocaine  in his office while planning greedy illegal take overs and directing thugs to put the competition on ice. It's just that I don't think Steven Segal is there to kick down the door anymore.

Originally posted by redcapp
    Originally posted by Ikeda

That's global here's the US http://www.vgchartz.com/#North America Totals

Also the wii runs at 99$ and most kids wanted the wii. The wii launched cheap and sold a bunch but it's a pile of crap and most people don't even want it or play it. 

You didn't specify NA only.  And at the end of the day, the people that sell the most consoles do worldwide.  You don't see Apple crying that Androids are doing better in Japan than in North America.  It's a global market.

And regardless of pricing, Wii is much better selling than the 360.  You stated an untruth, I showed you the facts, you start saying "yea but..."

Its not a untruth its the most sold system in the US sorry I didn't state that before but I can careless what the rest of world buys since I'm in the US

The graph clearly shows you're wrong.  Lol.

Yes for global but not the US.

lol you are the troll god! please stop your making a fool out of your self on these threads...

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
  • miranda23miranda23 Member Posts: 7
    Precusor, are those buttons on the left?
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by miranda23
    Precusor, are those buttons on the left?

Those are not buttons if I am not mistaken. I think those are air openings to cool down the console.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • onlinenow25onlinenow25 Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Originally posted by Precusor

So you mean PS4 won't have their version of RROD like PS3 did?

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    I suppose it's best to wait until E3 for the full picture but yesterdays presentation smacked of a poor mans HTPC.
  • RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Neither the PS4 or Xbox 1 are winning me over. Both of them have issues I don't like. Ill stick to PC gaming for now.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Obviously though, the console is just a filler, they were really pitching the controller which to me is one of the best looking controllers I've seen. Hoping for a way to hook it up to PC for sure. They can keep that weird box like thing that they are including with the amazing controller. 
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by tkreep

PS4 is using a 8 core cpu.  They are both using the same exact graphics card from amd except the PS4 version is modified by sony.  Plus with the GDDR5 and larger HDD space overall the PS4 does have better specs.

Hold up Hold up.  They are NOT using the same exact graphics.  The PS4 has a stronger gpu than XboxOne  AMD even admitted it themselves.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Did ANY gamers ask for these features? Really?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• jpnzjpnz Member Posts: 3,529

I like what I saw.. kinda.

The 'Used Games Fee' or w/e they are doing is probably going to mean I won't get it though.

Gdemami -
    Informing people about your thoughts and impressions is not a review, it's a blog.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

This generation of X-Box will be the first one that I am skipping.

That presentation looked like it was sponsored by Sony.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

Personally, I think the xbox one and ps4 are going to not do to great.. why? because of a lack of any orignal software, all we are going to see is shitty shooter sequels and crappy dumbed down sequels of games. Honestly gaming has been in a death spiral since ps2 being obsolete by ps3. Also don't forget, if you buy a xbox one on release your a fool, because if its like the last 2 expect it to break in 1-3 months due to shoddy construction.

Also the fee to install pre-owned games is absoulte bullshit, not only does ms wanna make you pay to play any games online, now they wanan charge you to even install a game on the console? I mean come on. Personally, I hope some hacker group cracks the xbox one asap, just so people can pirate the hell out of the software just for spite due to how ms is doing things. I might buy a xbox one once pirating is an option, but I deff am not going to buy one otherwise solely because of how MS is doing things, once its cracked so you can bypass the used game fee, i'll maybe get one, assuming ti has anything on it worth actually playing, which I doubt after how shitty games have been the last few years, with sequels being worse than the orignal due to dumbed down and removed gameplay features (bioshock infinite is a prime example, they took out bascally everything that made bioshock well bioshock.).

Also, these guys need to stop trying to make consoles into a damn pc and just stick to the games, we do not need all these damn worthless social features and shit in a videogame console, if people wanted that kind of crap they'd get a pc, or a cell phone or something. 3DS is especally bad for this, you cannot 100% alot of the games because it relys on streetpass, and when you live in an area where I do where like no one has a 3ds, you can never 100% them ever, its just bad design.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

I'm not sure gamers were the target audience. 

Seems like they are targeting families.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    Originally posted by Zorgo
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

I'm not sure gamers were the target audience. 

Seems like they are targeting families.

Yeah thats what the wii and wii-u did and look how they ended up. No one wants one because it has garbage for games.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!