Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do yourself a favour and avoid this game at all costs!

2»

Comments

• Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Hodo

The OP is right the tier drop system is broken, but otherwise WOT is a good game.

Is it perfect no, do I currently play it, no.   But do I pick it up every so often to play, yeah. 

The people who complain about the Match Making system are bitches.  My T5 ELC gets in with T9 tanks and guess what, it isn't ezmode and you can be effective in the game and help your team out IF YOU PLAY SMARTLY.  You can kill those T9 tanks as well.

People want those T5 tanks to be in a narrow range like T3 - T7 ezmode.  I'd bet if you could give them truth serum, they would say ideally they would be top tank in each game with everyone else in weaker tank.

The MM criers are why we can't  have games with a bit of challenge.

You must be THE best!

Can I have your autograph? Pretty please. You are so awesome I wet my pants in awe.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Mr_C
    Originally posted by Dihoru
    The only reason to avoid the game is during special events when players like the OP come out to play who have absolutely no idea how to play the game. In all other respects the game is good, not great but still good and quite fun with 2 other friends in a platoon :3.

I got way more clue than you how to play this game. You and your patronizing & elitistic attitude are the ones that make the game an even worse place than it really should be.

I got way more clue than you how to play this game..... That is such a classic line, even for this forum. You belong on the official wot forums. What are you doing here ?
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    The only reason to avoid the game is during special events when players like the OP come out to play who have absolutely no idea how to play the game. In all other respects the game is good, not great but still good and quite fun with 2 other friends in a platoon :3.
    You just need to learn how to play.. all tanks have weak spots even a t3 tank can take out a t5 if you know how to play, or in that game you could just keep out the way of the t5 tanks and kill other t3 or t4 tanks its simple..

bla bla bla bla *snip*

I stopped reading cause I started to laugh so hard I barely could read anymore due to all your BS.

Are you a standup comedian by any chance?

You clearly have no idea how to play... none of what i said was BS and ti had links to very informative websites that will help people who have no idea how to play.. now if you don't want to learn how to play then that's fair enough but don't come complaining on the forums about the game being bad because you have no idea how to play.

yes its not easy for a T3 tank to take out a T5 but its not impossible.. Just so you know i do think Wargamnig need to look at the match making system to make it 1 level each way but still as it is at the moment its not the end of the world. Most matches will be fine and you will get well tiered only now and then will you get a bad game where there are way more higher tiers than you.

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I just started playing this with a couple friends a few weeks ago and its been a blast so far. Its all about strategy in this game, you cant expect to drive through the open field every game in the first 30seconds and expect to live. Its not pay to win what so ever, everything useful can be bought with in game credits. I'd recommend it to anyone looking to blow shit up and have a good time.
  • IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    It looks like your avoiding paragraphs.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Ichmen

umm T3 tanks can kill T 5 tanks though that seems odd that you are in those matches unless you are platooned up... which is then your fault.  my M3 stuart used to mess up some of the low rank KVs... while kiling one solo is near impossible do to weaker gun.. light tanks are scouts anyway O-o spot for TDs or arty then bug the fk out :/ 

honestly WoT is easy once you know the hit points of tanks :/ i dont have much trouble with my marder 2/hetzer/stug3 popping higher T tanks with standard shell (havent used gold since CB when i got it free back when gold rounds were OP)

learn your tank role and work as a team to kill shit.. its the smartest thing to do. as you get points for spotting and damage even if you dont get the kill. 

Idk about standard T3s but my locust and t15  premiums regularly get into T5 matches. 

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

Originally posted by DamonVile

I got way more clue than you how to play this game. You and your patronizing & elitistic attitude are the ones that make the game an even worse place than it really should be.

I got way more clue than you how to play this game..... That is such a classic line, even for this forum. You belong on the official wot forums. What are you doing here ?

I do whatever I please here. Got any problem with it, mr forum Police?

Star Wars The Old Republic: Rating 7.33

World of Tanks: Rating 7.25

LOL.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Star Wars The Old Republic: Rating 7.33

World of Tanks: Rating 7.25

LOL.

WOW look a MMORPG has a higher rating than a Multiplayer fps/tps shooter on a MMORPG site.. amazing.

What is your point with this?

Also thinking the rating is probably low due to people voting the role playing rating really low as its not a role playing game..

• TheMagicTickleTheMagicTickle Member UncommonPosts: 16

It would be more appropriate to suggest to people that they avoid playing this game like you described.  My goal is not to agitate you and have you come at me like you have with others, but to let people know they can have fun in this game.  Rushing to the cap is extremely upsetting not just for you because you die quickly.  It will frustrate your team also if you die quickly and not help them much in the process. 

I agree that the matchmaker can be rough sometimes.  It doesn't happen that often for me anymore, but I have definitely felt like I am over my head in some matches.  It happens in the game and it happens in life.  I hope you can learn to cope with it and be a positive force in society.

I cannot agree more that there is a lot of fun to be had at the lower tiers.  When I do play, I find myself going back to playing low tier matches because there is a more even playing field and it is entertaining.  There are some skilled players in low tier matches so it is not just a curb stomp festival on the new guys.  Totally F2P and have a good time.  No money needed.  If someone chooses to spend money in the game, that is their choice. 

As far as them being "Nazis", I have no experience in their forums.  I think it is safe to assume most forums that are properly moderated will remove unfavorable posts if they are derogatory, inflammatory, etc.  It should be a concern if they remove truthful posts with constructive criticisms.  Is that what happened?  BTW, Russians being called Nazis is somewhat amusing to me.  Only because WWII was well before my time and I did not have any relatives slaughtered by either of them.  Others may invoke Godwin's Law on that though.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Vapors

The game is actually fun, and for a quick play and log out fun always welcomed.

The only problem I had with the game is that you can't catch up enough ingame Credits after a tier 7-8 tank. You will loose credits after every game, even after winning, without having premium.

In other words without a premium you can forget to play your Tier 8 tanks.

What you have to  understand is what the devs have done is create a clever system.  See if you always earned enough credits from your T8 battle, you wouldn't need to do lower level battles.  Making you go back down, it keeps a large active range of T battles going on.

BTW, plenty of people complain about not making their money at T8+ with a sub.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

The game is actually fun, and for a quick play and log out fun always welcomed. The only problem I had with the game is that you can't catch up enough ingame Credits after a tier 7-8 tank. You will loose credits after every game, even after winning, without having premium. In other words without a premium you can forget to play your Tier 8 tanks.

What you have to  understand is what the devs have done is create a clever system.  See if you always earned enough credits from your T8 battle, you wouldn't need to do lower level battles.  Making you go back down, it keeps a large active range of T battles going on.

I raked in money with my T8 IS6 tanks on both the US serever and the EU server.
    Those were the first tanks I deleted.

I have demanded my account permabanned in WoT and told them officialy in the forum that I will continue to kill teammates until my accounts are permabanned. Managed to kill 4 in the first round. When the 2nd game started I was sendt out of the game after only 2 team kills. Damn, thats unfair. There was plenty of double agents during the WW2 and I RP one now while I play the German tank.

Well, that got me lousy 2 days of a ban. So I made a thread where I offered my account away to the one who had the WORST reason to have it, not the BEST. I encouraged people to be both creative and to be offensive as I wouldnt mind.

Bah, got only 3 days ban for that. Now what the heck should I do to get my accounts permabanned? There is NO way I will do anything illegal, like threatening or try hacking cause that is absolutely not something I ever will support as I detest it.

I did however ask if they just couldnt permaban my accounts so we dont have to go through this farce for a long time. I will not give up until accounts are permabanned!

Reason: so there are no reason whatsoever for me to return when another friend ask me "please join me, game is alot better this time".

Game sucks. So far it was ONLY World of Warcraft that could make me ragehate (I bet alot of you know that feeling). World of Tansk makes me ragehate even more than WoW... imagine that.
    Gonna call teh bank tomorrow and tell them to block all future transactions to Wargaming.net, so I dont suddenly find out I will give a gift to a friend of mine or anyone else I know who plays it. Which I easily could do because I dont mind other people having fun EXCEPT in World of Tanks.
  • RokurgeptaRokurgepta Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,136

The only problem I had with the game is that you can't catch up enough ingame Credits after a tier 7-8 tank. You will loose credits after every game, even after winning, without having premium.

I raked in money with my T8 IS6 tanks on both the US serever and the EU server. Those were the first tanks I deleted. I have demanded my account permabanned in WoT and told them officialy in the forum that I will continue to kill teammates until my accounts are permabanned. Managed to kill 4 in the first round. When the 2nd game started I was sendt out of the game after only 2 team kills. Damn, thats unfair. There was plenty of double agents during the WW2 and I RP one now while I play the German tank. Well, that got me lousy 2 days of a ban. So I made a thread where I offered my account away to the one who had the WORST reason to have it, not the BEST. I encouraged people to be both creative and to be offensive as I wouldnt mind. Bah, got only 3 days ban for that. Now what the heck should I do to get my accounts permabanned? There is NO way I will do anything illegal, like threatening or try hacking cause that is absolutely not something I ever will support as I detest it. I did however ask if they just couldnt permaban my accounts so we dont have to go through this farce for a long time. I will not give up until accounts are permabanned! Reason: so there are no reason whatsoever for me to return when another friend ask me "please join me, game is alot better this time". Game sucks. So far it was ONLY World of Warcraft that could make me ragehate (I bet alot of you know that feeling). World of Tansk makes me ragehate even more than WoW... imagine that. Gonna call teh bank tomorrow and tell them to block all future transactions to Wargaming.net, so I dont suddenly find out I will give a gift to a friend of mine or anyone else I know who plays it. Which I easily could do because I dont mind other people having fun EXCEPT in World of Tanks.

You have a lot of growing up to do. Good luck.

The people who cant make money on tier 8+ with a premium subscription are the bad players. Nothing can help them.

Originally posted by asrlohz
    Originally posted by Geophage

It's a good thing you didn't play arty or scouts.  I have Tier IV scout that gets into Tier IX games regularly.  My Tier V arty also gets into Tier IX games.  This is where the skill part comes in.

Tier III in a Tier V match?  I wish I had it so good ;)

A good player can play Tier VIII and make money.  A bad player can play Tier VIII premium and make money, or play non-premium Tier VI and make money.  Playing Tier X non-premium and making money is like making money in the NFL ... most of us just dream of it.

Unlike WoW, there is no reason (besides ego) to rush to cap (Tier X).  I have >7000 matches and am quite content to keep playing Tier III-IX until I get good enough to play Tier X.  If I never get good enough, that's fine with me; I have a good collection of fun tanks to play and never a shortage of folks to play with/against.

There is no "I Win" button.  If you demand that gratification come instantly and for low effort, then this game isn't for you.  Tier IV separates the noobs from the tankers.  Watch some tutorials and learn to play.

I haven't played the game myself, but I'm quite sure it has something called "Golden Bullets" that you can only purchase with actual money and it is substantially stronger than any other ammo in the game. It's a P2W game. If it actually had an "I Win" button it wouldn't be a game at all. However, as I just mentioned it allows for people to purchase power and hence have an advantage.

How much money have you sunk into the game?

No it does not have something called golden bullets that you can only buy with real money.

• CirranCirran Member UncommonPosts: 6

World of Tanks needs a much better tutorial, at the moment it does not answer any questions past drive here, shoot this. Most, not all, but most Unicom's, only  play certain tanks and only in platoons. A new player will be trolled by experienced players playing in low tier games. The in game information is severely lacking. I.E. it does a really bad job explaining what tanks are scout tanks and what their role is. If the new player takes a moment to go to the forum and look up information. They will find it to be a cesspool of vileness, centered on "I am better then you and you have to play the way I want you to or I will troll you", and that is putting it mildly. Moderators are inconsistent on rule enforcement on the forums. If the new player decides to ask for some help or information. They need to be very careful how they ask their question or make their request.  All in all, WoT is a ok game. It suffers from the usual issues of online games. Major disconnect between the Devs and the players. WoT has three servers, Russian, Europe, and North America. the Rus server is the largest per population but they make the least per person money wise. Eu is the second largest and comes in the middle money wise, the NA server is the smallest. It rarely breaks 30k people and that is during 5x exp events, but they make the most per person money wise. All tank balancing issues are made based on the RU server. The Devs act like typical old soviet block business men. They do as they like and the player/customer can take a flying leap. MM is better then it was in the past BUT don't expect anything approaching what you can call fair. The MM is NOT based on skill, so new folks can and will play against seasoned veterans. War Gaming calls this fair, after all you cant have fun fighting someone who is near your skill level. Skill is something to be rewarded, by letting troll platoons (I.E. Unicom IS 6 platoons) face off against folks who have no way to communicate except for typing.

TL:DR Typical wargame video game. Niche game with a TON of unexploited possibilities, due to the disconnect between eastern Devs and Western players.

Cirran 

Edit: I forgot about the Sea server. Even smaller population then the NA server.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by Cirran

World of Tanks needs a much better tutorial, at the moment it does not answer any questions past drive here, shoot this. Most, not all, but most Unicom's, only  play certain tanks and only in platoons. A new player will be trolled by experienced players playing in low tier games. The in game information is severely lacking. I.E. it does a really bad job explaining what tanks are scout tanks and what their role is. If the new player takes a moment to go to the forum and look up information. They will find it to be a cesspool of vileness, centered on "I am better then you and you have to play the way I want you to or I will troll you", and that is putting it mildly. Moderators are inconsistent on rule enforcement on the forums. If the new player decides to ask for some help or information. They need to be very careful how they ask their question or make their request.  All in all, WoT is a ok game. It suffers from the usual issues of online games. Major disconnect between the Devs and the players. WoT has three servers, Russian, Europe, and North America. the Rus server is the largest per population but they make the least per person money wise. Eu is the second largest and comes in the middle money wise, the NA server is the smallest. It rarely breaks 30k people and that is during 5x exp events, but they make the most per person money wise. All tank balancing issues are made based on the RU server. The Devs act like typical old soviet block business men. They do as they like and the player/customer can take a flying leap. MM is better then it was in the past BUT don't expect anything approaching what you can call fair. The MM is NOT based on skill, so new folks can and will play against seasoned veterans. War Gaming calls this fair, after all you cant have fun fighting someone who is near your skill level. Skill is something to be rewarded, by letting troll platoons (I.E. Unicom IS 6 platoons) face off against folks who have no way to communicate except for typing.

TL:DR Typical wargame video game. Niche game with a TON of unexploited possibilities, due to the disconnect between eastern Devs and Western players.

Cirran 

Edit: I forgot about the Sea server. Even smaller population then the NA server.

1. Russia is a western country, the capital is in eastern Europe.

2. 60 mil registered accounts and a recent forced split on the EU server into two shards because too many people on at the same time. Kind of shoots holes in your Niche game idea.

3. If you want a wargame video game go Warthunder, World of Tanks is an arcade game, a good to great one but an arcade game nonetheless. I gave up on it a few weeks back when I saw Warthunder's first tank screenshots and I am dearly hoping it will have a more realistic damage model than World of Tanks.

4. Even new players should know which sides of the tank give you a better chance at penetrating the armour and as for skill based MM... I  think it's more based on stats (efficiency rating and win rating) than you think, you'll never see people with under 30% win ratings and that's with good reason (the MM automatically labels you as a special case and starts making sure you're put in teams with slightly more competent players or against teams with equally as bad players).

• CirranCirran Member UncommonPosts: 6
    Originally posted by Cirran

Cirran 

1. Russia is a western country, the capital is in eastern Europe.

2. 60 mil registered accounts and a recent forced split on the EU server into two shards because too many people on at the same time. Kind of shoots holes in your Niche game idea.

3. If you want a wargame video game go Warthunder, World of Tanks is an arcade game, a good to great one but an arcade game nonetheless. I gave up on it a few weeks back when I saw Warthunder's first tank screenshots and I am dearly hoping it will have a more realistic damage model than World of Tanks.

4. Even new players should know which sides of the tank give you a better chance at penetrating the armour and as for skill based MM... I  think it's more based on stats (efficiency rating and win rating) than you think, you'll never see people with under 30% win ratings and that's with good reason (the MM automatically labels you as a special case and starts making sure you're put in teams with slightly more competent players or against teams with equally as bad players).

LOL, well I guess it just depends on your point of view. As always everyone's opinion is their fact, and all are valid.

1. See above.

2. I was quoting their own figures as they were released on the NA forums. As for niche, I stand by that. It would be much more popular if WG would take the time to figure out what a Western audience wants in a game. They have already come out and stated they will stay the course.  Oh well it is their loss in revenue.

3. I will take a look at warthunder when it is released and stable.

4. You seriously think that new players will know how to flank by use of terrain, cover and their teammates as a distraction?? The Tutorial just states drive here shoot here. It has one moving tank that is at close range and goes back and forth in a straight line. Very little help to a new person beyond the very basics of controls. WG has stated repeatedly that they will NOT use a skill based MM. Serb (everyone's favorite Dev Troll) has gone on record saying the fact of throwing low skill folks in against troll platoons (Unicom IS6 platoons for example) is working as intended.

• cptndunselcptndunsel Member UncommonPosts: 136

a major issue in the game is match-maker. WG will tell you its fine, working as intended, that matches can't be exactly even but that the engine will create a match that is as close to even as possible.

The problem is - that's a line. The algorithm used does not take certain factors into account which have a dramatic impact on the match. Things like whether a tank is stock or not, what % training the crew has, and the experience and record of the player.

Fortunately there are mods that give you a better diagnostic look at a match (see curse.com).

Just in the last few days I have been on a team with a 93% chance of a win (and we won easily) and a 90% chance of a loss (and we got stomped). This from a match maker that says the match is fine.

The reality is - you never know what the %$#@ you are going to get match to match, and this can result in long losing streaks (and supposedly winning streaks as well but I've never had one) that defy statistical odds.

Platooning has a dramatic impact on all of this as well, and match maker fails to account for that either.

So don't let WG tell you all is well, or that you can't use XVM mods etc. The truth is out there. Match making is broken, so let the player beware.