Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is such a fail. Epic release, again. Djeez.

2»

Comments

• Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat
    Originally posted by Mr_C
    The obstacles this game need overcome is just too massive. First off, this is not a "new" game, but a very bad version of the old. I could swear this uses the EXACT same GFX engine with same old bugs, lags & textures as DF1. The 'feeling' playing this "new" DFUW is absolutely horrible and not giving me any immersion at all. I also find it amazingly weird to see an MMO being released in 2013 with such a lousy chat system. It is beyond a joke. The flaws of the chat system are so bad I am not even gonna bother explain them all; not worth the time. Worst chat system of any MMO? Probably. At least the worst I have experienced last 12 years. Which says alot considering I have played 50? 100? Or more MMO's. Then we have the schizofrenic prowess system, again; chopping wood and planting potatoes to become good in pvp?? Gimme a break. Isnt this a PvP game, not a cattle & farm simulation game?? HELLO??! The last thing I want to point out that will be a stumbling step is the amount of skills you are allowed to have and the lack of enough toolbars with keybindings for them; how can you really expect a game released today be successive without offering an option to use all your skills with keybindings? I am fine with that there's fewer skills to use than before but I find it totally unacceptable that I have even fewer options to use them. Talk about going backward in time. This game is so catastrifical bad I nearly put it in the same category as SWTOR when it comes to dissapointment rating. 1/10. What a waste of money. At least SWTOR is Free 2 Play now.

Thanks for the input. The devs have been notified. Bye.

Thank you for your highly intellectual feedback.

Have a good day.

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by Mr_C
    What a waste of money. At least SWTOR is Free 2 Play now.

Don't worry, give it few more months :P it will slip into the F2P yard. The game is F2P quality. I don't know how they are not ashamed to ask for money on this one ^_^ 

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    I think we, as a community, have been through enough hyped up fails to know that having any positive game expectations is setting yourself up for massive disappointment. You can't even have no expectations because that insinuates that the game has a 50/50 chance of succeeding in your mind.The best thought process when concerning MMO's in 2013 and beyond is to have the lowest expectations you can and even then you'll likely be surprised with how bad these new games are.

yes idd

How many times did we get dressed up for the next failure ?
    How many years we looked forward to a solid mmo only to ditch it in the trashcan 1 month after release ?
    How many mmo's have promised heaven and kicked you into the next bad clone of shitness ?

And here we are again with a few tripple A contenders who might be good but as with previous mmo's where you bought the hype ended up being a big letdown.

Lets look at the current list:

Wildstar - looks fun / solid / focus on vanila WoW aspects wich i totaly DIG !

Archeage - Sandbox - alot of freedom -

FF XIV ARR - Final Fantasy have disapointed many of us in past years with their abominations....but they took down a complete mmo and totaly remade it, looks promesing.

WoD - this is made by CCP, one of the latests studio's that have my respect and money.
    If WoD is anyting like Eve with its complexity and political systems then e might have a solid sandbox mmo.

Oh and Titan will be seen at Blizzcon this year or so i heared.
    But Blizzard wich i held in the air on both arms lost any credit as this company turned from making the best games to become the most greedy company pumping out shit for the last 5 years.
    So they lost all my credit i gave them.

Iam not going to let myself get hyped up again, and will see whats good and stays good for a few years and not 2 months after release.
    Its asking alot these days to play a solid game.....seems developers are losing track of what mmo players realy want..

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

AV devs voted for graphics over gameplay they that's why they remade the game into sush a failure instead of making DF1 better.

From 0 to 15k or 25k prowess, the game is fun, but after that, there's no end game at all so nothing else to do, but grinding even more to grind again later.

The grind is not the problem.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR Member Posts: 511
    Originally posted by Mothanos

Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    I think we, as a community, have been through enough hyped up fails to know that having any positive game expectations is setting yourself up for massive disappointment. You can't even have no expectations because that insinuates that the game has a 50/50 chance of succeeding in your mind.

The best thought process when concerning MMO's in 2013 and beyond is to have the lowest expectations you can and even then you'll likely be surprised with how bad these new games are.

yes idd

How many times did we get dressed up for the next failure ?
    How many years we looked forward to a solid mmo only to ditch it in the trashcan 1 month after release ?
    How many mmo's have promised heaven and kicked you into the next bad clone of shitness ?

And here we are again with a few tripple A contenders who might be good but as with previous mmo's where you bought the hype ended up being a big letdown.

Lets look at the current list:

Wildstar - looks fun / solid / focus on vanila WoW aspects wich i totaly DIG !

Archeage - Sandbox - alot of freedom -

FF XIV ARR - Final Fantasy have disapointed many of us in past years with their abominations....but they took down a complete mmo and totaly remade it, looks promesing.

WoD - this is made by CCP, one of the latests studio's that have my respect and money.
    If WoD is anyting like Eve with its complexity and political systems then e might have a solid sandbox mmo.

Oh and Titan will be seen at Blizzcon this year or so i heared.
    But Blizzard wich i held in the air on both arms lost any credit as this company turned from making the best games to become the most greedy company pumping out shit for the last 5 years.
    So they lost all my credit i gave them.

Iam not going to let myself get hyped up again, and will see whats good and stays good for a few years and not 2 months after release.
    Its asking alot these days to play a solid game.....seems developers are losing track of what mmo players realy want..

I think you guys take gaming way too seriously. It shouldn't be way of life. Some games are plain stupid and letdown, no need to feel crappy about it, just move on, there are plenty of fish in the sea, some of it for free. Yeah what sucks is that people are being ripped off by developers but some of the games you think are bad, are actually not so bad. They are fun and entertaining for few hours, they don't ask you to dedicate your life to them in order to be someone. Which IMO is a good thing. Yes I've played competitive tournaments and I know how it feels yet nowadays I simply like to tune into Gw2 for few hours a day, make some events, maybe dungeons and some WvW/sPvP fun and log out and call it a day. Play responsibly and stop throwing shit at games when they try to cleanup the shit off of you 

DFUW is still shit though, as an ex-Lineage 2 player this game is not even coming close to what an open world pvp game should feel like