Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: F2P battle | Aion vs Rift vs DCUO vs AoW vs Dragon Prophet.

2»

Comments

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Rift hands down.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Even WITH TERA on the list, I'd still say Rift... I don't even like the game that much, but I'm not retarded.  Rift is going to clean up.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Originally posted by Abrraham

Tera has a better model than Aion and is more popular also. Less restrictions for f2p players.

Huh?

TERA has restrictions... Instances cooldowns are longer, XP reduced, etc...

AION is the same, you dont even have a sub even if you wanted to pay!

The truly free model AION has is what F2P games should have!

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

Tera has a better model than Aion and is more popular also. Less restrictions for f2p players.

Huh?

I'm talking here about EU versions. You have also restrictions on gathering, item extraction and so on and so forth. Additionaly it's worse in terms of chatting, cooldowns, trading and more (http://www.aionfreetoplay.com/website/featuresdetails/). Nevertheless I think that both are having a good model but for Europe, Tera is slightly ahead of Aion.

• romelloromello Member Posts: 34
    is dragons prophet nda lifted? if so i would have to be real harsh on it...dont even think it shud be on the list

hallo ~_~

• AbrrahamAbrraham Member Posts: 149
    Originally posted by romello
    is dragons prophet nda lifted? if so i would have to be real harsh on it...dont even think it shud be on the list

Yes, it is.

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045
    Originally posted by romello

lets be honest, game is worse than any generic asian mmorpg

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286
    Originally posted by ZombieKen

Years ago perception might have been two types of games, subscription or F2P junk.  As I see it, this has changed considerably with many high profile games either made for F2P or converted to it.  (note: as used in this sentence, F2P includes Freemium)

Rift's switch has me wondering what next.  Are we going to see a F2P market significantly dominated by a handful of titles?  And if so what will become of the less popular games?

It's getting pretty damned competitive, if you ask me.

I agree. Between the B2P titles and some of the recent F2P conversions, there's some fairly quality games that are going to dominate the non-sub market. I feel the games with the least restrictions will become the real money makers.

With so many former sub titles converting to B2P or F2P, the less popular and arguably lesser quality games will face some major challenges. They will have their niche audience, but I am willing to bet we will see more of these F2P titles shut down as larger companies enter into the F2P market.

To be perfectly honest, I would not at all be surprised to see WoW become B2P/F2P in the near future (next couple of years), especially if their sub numbers keeping falling at an alarming rate.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Neverwinter, it's great for roleplayers.  If there's one thing I've learned over the decades of playing, roleplayers make games last.  If you have a strong roleplayer base, then you'll be around for awhile.  Roleplayers don't really switch games too often.
  • Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    I'm going with Rift,out of those choices.As far as Dragon's Prophet I'll refrain from commenting on it,since it's not in open beta yet.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

Huh?

Most F2P games, if not all, are not "free to play". When you say free to play, you should be able to play the exact same content as when it was "pay to play". Turning "f2p", but you have to pay extra to PVP or Raid, to equip epic quality gear, heck even pay to use the trade or global chat service, means it just has an extended free trial, the actual game is still p2p....

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Huh?

That's a lie, the F2P version has the default cooldown times and XP, you can SUBSCRIBE to get a reduced time and XP boosts, the F2P version is just like the old P2P version, only thing they took away was the 8 character slots and gave you 2 for free, the rest you can buy with GOLD.

People are getting the misconception that elite is what it used to be and F2P is the restricted version, no, F2P is what P2P TERA was, subscribing now just ENHANCES the game experience, but the F2P player gets exactly what we PAYED for monthly for the first 10 months TERA was released.

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    Rift can potentially be the best if they get the f2p right, DC is ok aswell. As For dragon prophet well what a waste of sonys time. On one side planet side 2 a quality game even though it not quite my bag, on the other side dragon prophet a second rate eastern pile of mmo crap, it's very poor.
  • CoNk3rCoNk3r Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

You forgot TERA and SWTOR. ;)

Or Lord Of the Rings Online .. prolly the best F2P game out there :)
  • Lovely_LalyLovely_Laly Member UncommonPosts: 734

Rift for me, just because it fun and not Aion... but Rift is sub game, right?

AoW is very specific, has no appeal to me so far.
    DCUO is not my style either,

Dragon Prophet seems to be next Asian f2p, nothing more. I would better add Tera and SWTOR to this list instate.

try before buy, even if it's a game to avoid bad surprises.
    Worst surprises for me: Aion, GW2

• EvilestTwinEvilestTwin Member Posts: 286

Aion is still going strong in Korea, so it doesn't matter if NCWest isn't raking in money, the content updates will still be coming.

However, it is pretty much a pvp game.  The PvE in the game is pretty terrible compared to most western MMOs and the PvE grind is pretty bad too.   However, they've been making it easier and easier to get good PvP gear so if you're looking into a PvP game you should consider Aion assuming you have a good connection.   If you have over 200 ping to the servers you should probably avoid this game.