Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xbox ONE

Comments

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    What's going to happen to Gamestop? :/
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I'm not terribly excited. I'm not excited about the PS4 either. If the XBox 360 didn't require an Xbox Live Gold account to do anything besides play games, I might be a little more excited about their goal of a complete media console in the XBox One, but I can envision a complete media console that doesn't do anything except play games without a subscription paid to Microsoft.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862

I'm not particularly impressed with either the PS4 or the new Xbox.  I guess Halo fans have something to be happy about though.

Probably the best news from either conference is that they're using an x86 platform so that it'll be easier to develop on.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Xbox 360 games will not work.

Xbox Arcade games will not work.

And you are left with a "console" that plays only the games you purchase, no second hand games, and titles will cost 59 bucks a pop...

FU Microsoft :/

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

The live stream is up!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2013/05/21/next-gen-xbox-reveal-event-live-blog/

Are you excited ? :)

Not really. The 360 was the worst of the 3 consoles last generation and it seems to be more of the same this time around.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by bestever
     since xbox is the number one sold system.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

That tells me a completely different story.  1)  Not the number 1 sold system 2)  Sold almost equal amount to the PS3 (not including the fact that the PS3 had a more substantial price drop)

How does it make you feel that the kiddie-ware filled Wii beat out the 360?

Edit:  Ohhh I can just add the chart here.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

The live stream is up!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2013/05/21/next-gen-xbox-reveal-event-live-blog/

Not really. The 360 was the worst of the 3 consoles last generation and it seems to be more of the same this time around.

Hows the most sold system the worst? guess people like spending money on the worst system lol.

They spend it on the worst music and movies as well.  Nothing new.

• MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137

The PS4 and the XBOX ONE are pretty much the same system when it comes to system spec. What it'll come down to is the software that runs them and Microsoft will smoke sony hands down. People think sony will beat Microsoft because of exclusives, well that's been proven wrong already since xbox is the number one sold system.

Sony can't even come close to what xbox live offers and that's what kicks sony in the ass. Oh and lets not compare Sonys pile of crap move to the kinect which hands down is the best motion control I've ever used. If they fixed the rough edges that kinects launched with and it's even more accurate then Sony should just move on from motion control or try and copy Microsoft.

One other thing is Sony is losing exclusives anyway because most developers are tired of losing money because they chose to stick with one system, which happen to xbox. Games made by Sony will stay with Sony and the same goes for Xbox but the third party developers are putting games on both systems.

not really...the xbox one JUST got to 500gb which for an xbox is stupid because now that xbox will have blueray and im assuming like all Xboxes you can download your game from the disk to the harddrive...games are gonna be 20 gigs + 500gb is old news. The PS3 had 500gb last year and will have 1TB in the PS4. So how are the systems similar?

The PS4 is focusing on gaming and has better system specs. The xbox one is focusing on entertainment and the failed Kinect and it will always be online. We should call it Xbox None since there wont be any in people's homes :P

Originally posted by DavisFlight Originally posted by Seelinnikoi The live stream is up! http://www.forbes.com/sites/matthickey/2013/05/21/next-gen-xbox-reveal-event-live-blog/ Are you excited ? :)  
    Hows the most sold system the worst? guess people like spending money on the worst system lol.

Except it's not the "most sold" system. It is kind of a wonder that they managed to get people to buy the exact same system more than once with cosmetic changes.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

I can say the new controller is a huge upgrade over the awful current xbox 360 controller. No AA batteries, an actual cross  Dpad and not a dumb circle. Better grip on the sticks and the whole controller looks the same size but thinner which makes it better right away.

With that said, i didnt like anything else enough to pick it over the PS4 i already got my mind into. I dont need or care about everything connected through kinect at all times looking at me waiting for my command to record me on a cloud. Best of luck, but ill stick to Sony this generation of consoles.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Except it's not the "most sold" system. It is kind of a wonder that they managed to get people to buy the exact same system more than once with cosmetic changes.

You think so?  My first 360 Overheated into a RROD, fixed and broke so I replaced.  Couple years later they came out with the slim that had that Kinect hookup (I wanted that instead of the power adapter).  Then they dropped a LE Halo edition that I 'had' to have.  So 3 of those are me alone :-)

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

The live stream is up!

You people argue over which overpriced PC wannabe was best while the people who know how to even half-arse a custom built computer will laugh their asses off at your purchases for the entire next gen console cycle with the same PC, don't believe me? One of my college friends half-arsed his PC build in 2006 or 2007 and has a PC right now which in its original config could run all the console games past and present, he upgraded the GPU (100-200 dollars) a few months back and now he can comfortably run all future gen games as well XD all this for a grand total of 600 dollars (for the desktop central unit, you don't put the pc monitor or the other peripherals in the cost as those can be used across hardware generations whereas console peripherals can't for the most part:3 ).

Microsoft has confirmed that all Xbox One games will require mandatory installation onto the system's hard drive and, to install the same disc onto another user's drive, a fee must be paid.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/407912/microsoft-confirms-pre-owned-fee-for-xbox-one/

Now thats really lame.

• intrinscintrinsc Member UncommonPosts: 98
    Originally posted by Ikeda
     since xbox is the number one sold system.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

That tells me a completely different story.  1)  Not the number 1 sold system 2)  Sold almost equal amount to the PS3 (not including the fact that the PS3 had a more substantial price drop)

How does it make you feel that the kiddie-ware filled Wii beat out the 360?

That graph is misleading. The japanese consoles have a much easier time in Japan and USA. The american consoles have a MUCH harder time selling units in Japan. So, one console has an easy time in 2 major markets and 1 console has an average advantage in 1 market and a hard time in the other. Not very fair. When we look at the market that is pushing gaming this generation, it's lopsided between the two major consoles.

• aionixaionix Member UncommonPosts: 288
    So where are the games?  PS4 confirmed for champion of this gen until Steambox comes on the scene.

Originally posted by lizardbones   Except it's not the "most sold" system. It is kind of a wonder that they managed to get people to buy the exact same system more than once with cosmetic changes.  
    You think so?  My first 360 Overheated into a RROD, fixed and broke so I replaced.  Couple years later they came out with the slim that had that Kinect hookup (I wanted that instead of the power adapter).  Then they dropped a LE Halo edition that I 'had' to have.  So 3 of those are me alone :-)

Your story is not unique. I work with two people who have XBox360s and both of them have bought more than one.

My only gripe with MS and the XBox is the requirement of having a subscription to do anything besides play games. If the XBox One is like that, I don't see myself buying one. If the PS4 is like that I don't see myself buying one of those either. It's just not worth it. I'll build a PC and plug it into my television.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

And you are left with a "console" that plays only the games you purchase, no second hand games, and titles will cost 59 bucks a pop...

Oh yeah, that's ended my consideration too.

Sorry M$oft.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

That's global here's the US http://www.vgchartz.com/#North America Totals

Also the wii runs at 99$ and most kids wanted the wii. The wii launched cheap and sold a bunch but it's a pile of crap and most people don't even want it or play it. 

You didn't specify NA only.  And at the end of the day, the people that sell the most consoles do worldwide.  You don't see Apple crying that Androids are doing better in Japan than in North America.  It's a global market.

And regardless of pricing, Wii is much better selling than the 360.  You stated an untruth, I showed you the facts, you start saying "yea but..."

• forget87forget87 Member Posts: 6
    " Only having to use a disc once in your Xbox One for it to install, then you won't have to put it in to play ever again. If you try to use it in another Xbox One, it'll require a fee." - Rts guru http://www.fpsguru.com/article/3412/Next-Xbox-Revealed-Xbox-One.html

This made my decision about the Xbox One a very easy one to make. I will not pay for Xbox Live and pay to be able to play used games.

• mrrshann618mrrshann618 Member UncommonPosts: 279

Graphics do not impress from from a Console. If I want graphics from a game I buy it for my PC.

Lack of Backwards compatibility = Me not buying next console. PS3 did this and I chose to go with a 360 instead thanks for me owning both a Xbox and Ps2.

No used Games = Me not buying games anymore. I have a family and limited time. I do not get games till they drop in price, even then I have games that have not been touched as I just have to much to do most of the time (or my 8 year old daughter has shoved me out of the room because she wants to play Wii bowling)

Add those two together and I'm not even going to spend money on the next gen system for my kids. Let my systems die a horrible death as I play them till they die.

FU Sony for the PS3 (and 4), FU Microsoft for the next Xbox. Not even going to touch that horrible thing called the Wii U

Play what you Like. I like SWOTR, Have a referral to get you going!
    -->  http://www.swtor.com/r/nBndbs  <--
    Several Unlocks and a few days game time to make the F2P considerably easier

Xbox One Will Not Function Without Kinect Attached

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached

Geez..

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

That's global here's the US http://www.vgchartz.com/#North America Totals

Also the wii runs at 99$ and most kids wanted the wii. The wii launched cheap and sold a bunch but it's a pile of crap and most people don't even want it or play it. 

You didn't specify NA only.  And at the end of the day, the people that sell the most consoles do worldwide.  You don't see Apple crying that Androids are doing better in Japan than in North America.  It's a global market.

And regardless of pricing, Wii is much better selling than the 360.  You stated an untruth, I showed you the facts, you start saying "yea but..."

Its not a untruth its the most sold system in the US sorry I didn't state that before but I can careless what the rest of world buys since I'm in the US

The graph clearly shows you're wrong.  Lol.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by Precusor

If you were hoping to play your vast collection of Xbox 360 games on Microsoft's latest creation, we've got a spot of bad news. Microsoft Xbox Live VP Marc Whitten confirmed to The Verge that the new Xbox One console will have no backwards compatibility whatsoever.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/21/4350662/new-xbox-has-no-backwards-compatibilty

Damn.

While that blows, they are still on equal footing with PS4 in that regard. Neither next gen console offers backward compatability

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    Originally posted by Precusor

Xbox One Will Not Function Without Kinect Attached

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/21/xbox-one-will-not-function-without-kinect-attached

Geez..

I have an feeling that this has something to do with patent that allow camers / kinect-like devices to check HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE SITTING IN FRONT OF CONSOLE / TV.     Now group that with "DRM" and "face recognition" and "privacy"  :E