Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] General: Farming

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In this bi-weekly comic, artist Blaz Klaric brings us his irreverent look into the foibles of the MMO worlds we love, and love to hate. Check out this week's installment, Farming!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    It makes perfect sense using magical thinking.
  • jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    DERP.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    hahaha good one

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• KeilaniKeilani Member Posts: 17
    Haha! xD Nice one!
  • zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Its stupid that mobs drop "grey" Shit  you just sell to a Vendor,just to fill up your bags..so you HAVE to go back to town to sell it.

I would rather have less bag space/inventory space,and  see more meaningful things drop,for a player to pick up. and just have the mob drop currency equal to what kind of "grey" item they MITE have dropped.

That way I could spend more time exploring all these worlds these devs are making then spending 40-60% of the time running back to town.

• bnxbanditbnxbandit Member Posts: 23
    The perfect explanation.
  • mmoskimmoski Member UncommonPosts: 282
    hehe, nice.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by zaylin

Its stupid that mobs drop "grey" Shit  you just sell to a Vendor,just to fill up your bags..so you HAVE to go back to town to sell it.

I would rather have less bag space/inventory space,and  see more meaningful things drop,for a player to pick up. and just have the mob drop currency equal to what kind of "grey" item they MITE have dropped.

That way I could spend more time exploring all these worlds these devs are making then spending 40-60% of the time running back to town.

Ezmode is what today's player wants!  Well, dropping as you call it is just the game's user interface presenting loot for you.  Back in the 70's when we ran DND games, if pig "dropped" a shirt, it wasn't that the pig was wearing the shirt or had it inside him or some such weak minded thinking but rather that it was something around him that the players would discover.  The shirt would have come from a passing person who died or something like it.  Ah, back when we had imagination...

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Freud_the_foxFreud_the_fox Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by zaylin

Ezmode is what today's player wants!  Well, dropping as you call it is just the game's user interface presenting loot for you.  Back in the 70's when we ran DND games, if pig "dropped" a shirt, it wasn't that the pig was wearing the shirt or had it inside him or some such weak minded thinking but rather that it was something around him that the players would discover.  The shirt would have come from a passing person who died or something like it.  Ah, back when we had imagination...

O.O omg you're old i think maybe plus who cares if it has terrible stats it makes my other items feel less lonely :D 

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

There are would be times in many mmo's that you would kill a 4 legged creature like a deer, or goat,  and yes 10 rats.  And the would drop coin and armor.  I used to tell myself you don't want to know where that rat had that helm stashed. 

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

From Diablo we have learned that a loot drop is like pressing a players pleasure button every time.  Maybe not for gray, but certainly for Green items.  This make the game addictive and fun, this is why Blizzard has the number of paying customers that it does.  No game forces you to loot every item that drops, I loot everything that drops and run back to town to sell, repair, and train.  If you don’t want to loot vendor trash, then don’t.  Leave it for some other player to pick up and get rich for their level.  You power on looting only “epic” gear and cash.  When you can’t afford to train, repair, or buy a mount; then ask yourself why they didn't incorporate some sort of money making mechanism so you could pay your expenses.  Another solution is to join a pick up group. You don’t have to loot, there is safety in numbers, and the XP will come faster.

Vendor Trash, supporting game economies and fighting gold farmers for decades.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• IssieaIssiea Member Posts: 75

This is so true,  I always wondered how they managed to fit all that armour in :)

• fastway70fastway70 Member Posts: 1

I personally think the same people are those one who are buried in their own crap.  I like to farm in some games like open world pvp ones.  It adds a whole new level of excitement.  I made a lot of gold in AoC and Anarchy Online.  I used all the gold to get the best gear and then I sold the rest.  Made a nice living while those games were hot. 

http://lifemasteryjournal.com/make-money-playing-video-games/

Anywhoo I hope Elder scrolls has good pvp.