Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Caturday Survivor Pack Revealed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World and Cryptic Studios have revealed the "Caturday Survivor Pack" gift that players will receive in compensation for this past weekend's Astral Diamond exploit. The package is filled with useful and interesting items including a Stone of Health, a Dwarven Mask and much more.

Case in point: this past weekend, the Neverwinter community helped us to identify a major exploit involving the Auction House and Astral Diamond Exchange, which we promptly addressed through a number of corrective actions, including permanent bans on exploitative accounts and a necessary rollback to the time before the exploit was initiated.  We realize the frustration that the rollback and related downtime may have caused and are deeply sorry for this inconvenience.  We’re also overwhelmed by your positive support and patience during the downtime, as well as your assistance in identifying the issue and helping us to develop and implement a solution as quickly as possible.

We’d like to thank you in the best way possible: by giving you some fun free stuff in-game to recognize your support throughout the Neverwinter Open Beta period.

Check out the full details on the Neverwinter site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MaelwyddMaelwydd Member Posts: 1,123
    Cloak of Catastrophie....lol
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Hilarious! Nice to see them acknowledge the issue of free cats. Kinda makes you wonder  who really was behind this after all... Maybe the same "players" offering 100 nightmare boxes for 1 key. Things like that make it obvious the devs are behind the scene fiddling with the market or at least promoting the cash shop.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• allendale5allendale5 Member Posts: 124
    "We’re also overwhelmed by your positive support and patience during the downtime"

looks like those everything-is-peachy and positive-spin-on-everything press release writers never get a break.  I'm pretty sure that they were inundated with positive feedback and player love during this crisis.  
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by allendale5
    "We’re also overwhelmed by your positive support and patience during the downtime"

looks like those everything-is-peachy and positive-spin-on-everything press release writers never get a break.  I'm pretty sure that they were inundated with positive feedback and player love during this crisis.  

Pretty much was to be honest, of course there were a lot of people unhappy and these tend to be always very vocal. Just like a job, you always hear from the complainers but you seldom ever get that customer that gives you positive feedback. 

However on Twitter and even in the forums there were a lot of people that understood what was going on and were very vocal of their support in its remedy. 

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

What would you have rather they said? You are a bunch of tossers and most of you exploited this crap, but here have this free item pack to shut you up? No company is going to say that. Just like Starbucks will apologise for the quality of your coffee if you complain and thank you for your feedback, even though its clear that you are just a twat.

• spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by evilastro

What would you have rather they said? You are a bunch of tossers and most of you exploited this crap, but here have this free item pack to shut you up? No company is going to say that. Just like Starbucks will apologise for the quality of your coffee if you complain and thank you for your feedback, even though its clear that you are just a twat.

Hehe, so true.

• 01Neptune0101Neptune01 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Haha well put evilastro.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    How about renaming it to "Astral Diamond Exploit Survivor Pack?"
  • StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    was mentioning in chat i wanna have a ingame t-shirt with "i have survived the exploiters 19.5.2013" comes close to it 

Caturday Survivor Pack Revealed :O

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    Interestingly enough even the exploiters will get the free pack, I guess they survived it too. 
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    The exploit was always in the game, since closed beta at least. The roll back only covered the time after which it was posted on the forums and it was being done on a massive scale. People have been using it and breaking the game economy ever since the final wipe.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    The exploit was always in the game, since closed beta at least. The roll back only covered the time after which it was posted on the forums and it was being done on a massive scale. People have been using it and breaking the game economy ever since the final wipe.

According to a forum post in one of the stickied threads they are dealing with the rest individually, whatever that means.

They are going to do it the Chicago way.

:D

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Neverwinter went from top 10 to top 25 on twitch.tv after a weekend :) viewers. Guess why
  • BrucyBonusBrucyBonus Member Posts: 220

haha, best response so far. 

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Originally posted by Dogblaster
    Neverwinter went from top 10 to top 25 on twitch.tv after a weekend :) viewers. Guess why

Because the game was offline during the fix??

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards Member Posts: 778

Haha..best reply so far. image

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Well, the facebook banter between them and their fans was very positive.  I saw few people yelling, and most giving encouraging words.  You'll likely even see that now if you head to their facebook page.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by Dogblaster

Because the game was offline during the fix??

So I guess the game is down for 24 hours now ?
    I was talking about today and yesterday because nwo is now in top 28+-.. :)

• romelloromello Member Posts: 34
    Originally posted by spawn12345

http://i.imgur.com/7LVfkg0.png

hahhaha

^

hallo ~_~

• ChuckanarChuckanar Member UncommonPosts: 210

No some of us are not criminals and did not log into the game until a resolution was done. I am sad that those that were criminals were rewarded and those of us that abide by the terms and service of online games were yet again treated as morons.

Dont support this game with cash. Of course this is all my opinion so take it with a pinch of salt.

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by romello
    Originally posted by spawn12345

http://i.imgur.com/7LVfkg0.png

hahhaha

^

So true.  Really they got their heads up their ass in rewarding players.... or more precisely they won't reward players at the cost of profit.  It's like spending 10 bucks in gas to take someone somewhere and they only give you a 5 dollars for your time n resources.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Chuckanar

No some of us are not criminals and did not log into the game until a resolution was done. I am sad that those that were criminals were rewarded and those of us that abide by the terms and service of online games were yet again treated as morons.

Dont support this game with cash. Of course this is all my opinion so take it with a pinch of salt.

Who said cheaters never win ?!?!

• SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    [mod edit]

I'm surprised that most of you are bitching at free Internet pixels. Well I take that back. I'm not surprised, but instead disappointed, that you guys seem to be able to find a way to bitch about a sunny day. Sheesh. Lighten up.

I'm thankful for the pixels. The port scrolls will save time when I have to visit Knox again, and the exp boosts will be nice but not really needed. The leveling is fast enough as it is.

My wife is surprisingly super happy about her new kitty fashion cloak. I think I still hear her giggling as she logs in...

• hatboxhatbox Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by SunwolfNC
    [mod edit]

I'm surprised that most of you are bitching at free Internet pixels. Well I take that back. I'm not surprised, but instead disappointed, that you guys seem to be able to find a way to bitch about a sunny day. Sheesh. Lighten up.

I'm thankful for the pixels. The port scrolls will save time when I have to visit Knox again, and the exp boosts will be nice but not really needed. The leveling is fast enough as it is.

My wife is surprisingly super happy about her new kitty fashion cloak. I think I still hear her giggling as she logs in...

And all the Fanboys' said ..purrrrr