Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: ArenaNet Reveals New Game Pricing

Comments

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

ArenaNet reduces GW2 by $10..

The mmorpg.com community:  What?! That's it?! What a joke lol!!!

ArenaNet reduces the price by $30..

The mmorpg.com community:  LOL!!! They cut the price in half already!  GW2 is failing so hard!  LOL

;)

That's how it'll always be for every game.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

The mmorpg.com community:  LOL!!! They cut the price in half already!  GW2 is failing so hard!  LOL

;)

Hahahaha!

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

;)

+1 

You win  :)

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858

;)

Just like people posting on the swtor forms that "just under half a million" could be  "300k for all we know"...cough cough..

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by ichihaifu
    Originally posted by Soki123

Bashing a game not to their liking, there is absolutely no denying that the game is good? So what is it, someone doesn t like it, so they are wrong because it s good? Odd sentence. Lets try this. Not sure why people praise this game because they like it, theres no doubt it s a terrible game, theres no denying that.

Logic.

Ya, sure sounds like it. You re basically saying people are wrong because it s obviously a good game. You see opinions are a great thing. GW2 is a terrible game to me, and theres no logical thing you can say to say I m wrong.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    I already bought the game at launch, havent played it in over a year, i tought the game was down to like 30$ already.    50$ from 60$ really ?  This is not going to change anything.
  • botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    I wouldn t recommend it at $5.99, this is hilarious.

The game is worth it - it has the same amount of game play as Skyrim (using just as a comparison) and the areas are more varied.

Sorry, I wouldn't recommend this person's opinion at all.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Kaynos1972
    I already bought the game at launch, havent played it in over a year, i tought the game was down to like 30$ already.    50$ from 60$ really ?  This is not going to change anything.

Game has only been out for 9 months o.o

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

Originally posted by botrytis

The game is worth it - it has the same amount of game play as Skyrim (using just as a comparison) and the areas are more varied.

[mod edit]

So many people playing the game can't be wrong. Just because it doesn't fit into YOUR reality of what games are, doesn't  mean it is not worth the price.

Try it and see to the people who have not bought it yet. GW1 has just lowered it's price. That is the issue with B2P games, they need to make money of box sales.

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316
    Originally posted by Vorch

lol really ?  seems longer.  ANyway i played maybe 2 weeks at launch and that's it.

• SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member EpicPosts: 3,466
    Originally posted by Asamof
    50 dollars for the standard edition is a reduced price?? whut??

Yeah big deal lol, $10 reduction isn't going to be enough of a pull for those that are on the fence, the game just isn't that good.

Then again it's worth buying it then getting a refund after a couple of weeks.

• VyntVynt Member UncommonPosts: 757
    I find the price a bit odd since a few months ago I saw it in quite a few places in the $30s. Perhaps they were just month+ long sales. Prices seem to have gone back up in time to take advantage of this price cut, lol.
    Originally posted by Vynt
    I find the price a bit odd since a few months ago I saw it in quite a few places in the $30s. Perhaps they were just month+ long sales. Prices seem to have gone back up in time to take advantage of this price cut, lol.

That means there will be sales prices and they will be lower - think about the Memorial Day weekend coming up . Do I sense a sale going to start?

[mod edit]

So many people playing the game can't be wrong. Just because it doesn't fit into YOUR reality of what games are, doesn't  mean it is not worth the price.

Try it and see to the people who have not bought it yet. GW1 has just lowered it's price. That is the issue with B2P games, they need to make money of box sales.

Lol. Many many many people that have left it, uninstalledit, never bought it and won t are wrong as well. Just because the game is good to YOU, doesn t justify the price.

As I ve said opinions are just that opinions. Yours and mine are opposite, not wrong just opposite. So you can t claim mine is wrong, as your isn t. I have every right to tell people I think the game isn t even worth the d/l time, and it won t change wether you try to change it or not.

Funny thing, every time I log into GW2 to see whats changed and if it s better, my wife (who has played MMOs with me since AC) says she s going to puke in her mouth a little, that s how much she hates GW2. I m not that harsh, but theres many pople that bought GW2 that feel the way we do.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

I think it is a good move on Anet's part.  It has been out for 9 months now.

Honestly, I love the game.  I can see how some people really miss the progression, but for me, I'm still not fully equipped with Ascended's yet and still have room to progress on my level 80.  I can see for those that are putting in 5+ hours how the lack of progression is a problem, though.  On the other hand, I would like harder and harder dungeons, but no gear grind progression: that is not appealing to me anymore.

On the positive side, I am looking forward to them beefing up the pve end game, like they said they are going to in the last month.  They also need to add in some weapon skill options, because as good as trait builds are, the game needs more.  I understand their slowness with making sure balance is good, but these are things that need to change.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by cinos
    Isn't that the price it's always been?

I think it was $60 before... I know, not really a big drop, eh?

you are right Bill, this is just for laughs...50 down from 60$...

They need to make their profits somehow, main income for the game is from box sales after all, but I would be pressed to say that market income wouldn't be soon catching the box sales income because anet keeps on adding cool items there.

And honestly, $50 is even more a reason to buy it compared to when it was $60.

Also I still cannot understand why people bash on the game just because it wasnt for their liking, there is absolutely no denying that this game is good, even more so for just plain $50.

Bashing a game not to their liking, there is absolutely no denying that the game is good? So what is it, someone doesn t like it, so they are wrong because it s good? Odd sentence. Lets try this. Not sure why people praise this game because they like it, theres no doubt it s a terrible game, theres no denying that.

You mis-read what he said, Soki.  He is differentiating between opinion and quality of the game.

It's a good quality game, even if some people may not like what it has to offer.  Not hard to understand, pretty logical.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Best game I have played in years.  Easily worth the money.   You get a vast open world, fun server battles in World v World, lots of exploration, fun classes, dodging!, dungeons admittedly are a mixed bag,  and constant updates putting the lie to sub games giving you more.   
    Originally posted by Manolios
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by cinos
    Isn't that the price it's always been?

I think it was $60 before... I know, not really a big drop, eh?

you are right Bill, this is just for laughs...50 down from 60$...

A 16% discount isn't very much?  I think that's pretty significant.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Can't be needing that many new players then. $10 off an overpriced game is not going to inspire the masses to flock to the game. I do however respect their hard stance on keeping the price up, most failing MMOS would have caved in and sold for $30 with some added digital item crap.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

Originally posted by Thupli

They need to make their profits somehow, main income for the game is from box sales after all, but I would be pressed to say that market income wouldn't be soon catching the box sales income because anet keeps on adding cool items there.

And honestly, $50 is even more a reason to buy it compared to when it was $60.

Also I still cannot understand why people bash on the game just because it wasnt for their liking, there is absolutely no denying that this game is good, even more so for just plain $50.

You mis-read what he said, Soki.  He is differentiating between opinion and quality of the game.

It's a good quality game, even if some people may not like what it has to offer.  Not hard to understand, pretty logical.

Logic is that opinions vary, and to say hes not sure why people bash on the game because it wansn t to their liking(opinion) to follow it with, theres absolutely no denying that it s a good game (opinion). Pretty easy to see he s not differentiating anything between quality and opinion, but opinion of someone is wrong, and his opinion is right.  Not sure how anyone can t see that.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by SaunZ

I was hoping for a Steam holiday special for like $9.99

Sz

:o)

The only MMO I remember seeing that low on Steam was Rift.  GW1 hasn't even gotten that low, to my recollection.  GW2 never will.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by Vorch

lol really ?  seems longer.  ANyway i played maybe 2 weeks at launch and that's it.

Time flies when you're having fun

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    would have thought $30 would be a good deal.$30 would be a good price to get people into the game and then they may use the shop for other things later.$10 off the price aint gonna do much apart from make peeps giggle.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

"In a game that has become the new standard in MMO game development and with the new price points, we expect the world of Tyria will become the new online destination for new role players and those looking for an ever-changing gaming experience."

Lol...

"$10 off"

Lol...

The articles here and GW2 never cease to amaze me, it seems like the longer we go after release the more articles we get, were up to like one a day.