Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest: EQN Details to Be Revealed at SOE Live 2013

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has announced that this year's SOE Live event will feature the first information about EverQuest Next. After the keynote address, fans will have the opportunity to learn much more about the game via several panels featuring the development team.

On Friday, August 2nd, attendees at SOE Live will witness the unveiling of the highly anticipated EverQuest Next! Be among the first to see game features and development plans during a keynote address by Director of Development Dave Georgeson and members of the EverQuest Next team. Following the keynote, SOE Live passholders will be able to ask questions and learn more in-depth information from the developers during a number of panels.

Whether you're a long-time EverQuest enthusiast or just curious about the next big thing in gaming, don't miss this exciting chance to get your first look at EverQuest Next. SOE Live is the only place for all the insider information, so register today! 

Source: SOE Live site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SoldorSoldor Member UncommonPosts: 81
    Been waiting for this. Hope it's like EQ1
  • MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    It'll be fascinating to see what actual facts emerge from this.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• CamoebCamoeb Member UncommonPosts: 53
    I"m very optimistic about this! SoE has been working on this project for a long time, I love the Everquest franchise.
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    I hope it's more like Star Wars Galaxies than it is Everquest.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Camoeb
    I"m very optimistic about this! SoE has been working on this project for a long time, I love the Everquest franchise.

They've also scrapped the project many times and started over from scratch pretty much, so don't expect any playable demos and stuff :)

I do they go 'back to basics' (EQ1) and evolve that experience with modern day tools, i also hope they make it sandboxy (SWGish)
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • YilelienYilelien Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

.......This is EQ, you might be on the wrong topic!

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by Yilelien
    Originally posted by nerovipus32

.......This is EQ, you might be on the wrong topic!

This is Everquest next the biggest sandbox you've ever seen, maybe you're on the wrong topic because Everquest wasn't a sandbox.

• Storm_CloudStorm_Cloud Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by Fusion
    Originally posted by Camoeb

They've also scrapped the project many times and started over from scratch pretty much, so don't expect any playable demos and stuff :)

I do they go 'back to basics' (EQ1) and evolve that experience with modern day tools, i also hope they make it sandboxy (SWGish)

Smed already promised that the game will be playable at SOE Live.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/10/19/soe-live-2012-smedley-says-eqnext-is-largest-sandbox-style-mmo/

and...

"Players will have to wait a bit longer to try it themselves, but maybe not as long as you'd expect. "Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta," says Smedley."

http://eq2wire.com/2013/01/24/players-interpret-smedley-quote-as-2013-eqnext-launch/

• fledurfledur Member CommonPosts: 77
    I can't wait to know more about EQNext...I hope they actually deliver on the "biggest sandbox" promise.
  • WukieWukie Member UncommonPosts: 6
    I've a crazy idea. IMHO, they will expand the Player Studio to let players create (almost) all the content, that's what Smedley mean with "the biggest sandbox you've ever seen". And they will release a working "content creator software" by the end of the year so players will be able to create their stuff months before the game release.
  • GnarvGnarv Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Going to buy this no matter. Never played EQ but loved the atmosphere in Vanguard, both game-and audiencewise. Hope it brings back risk, diversity and a big gameworld, full of secrets, to explore. Deep crafting with truely rare recipes and ingredients for unique and awesome looking armorsets. Armor being tied in apperance to different regions as well as dungeons, elements and so  forth. I hope it will be too difficult for trashtalking primates to navigate as well, so we are left mostly with passionate people that actually love the game as a whole. I hope for better character models than in Vanguard. And I am playing a necro, so it better be as good as the one we had in VG.
  • JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    They will drop us into an open world with resources and monsters. Nothing else. Have at it.
  • H3deonH3deon Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by Jimmydean
    They will drop us into an open world with resources and monsters. Nothing else. Have at it.

well...and story brick NPCs and raids (yes Smed have already confirmed raids ; )

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

When they say sandbox I hope they mean it in the traditional sense of the word, and not stupid content creators. Player created story lines and quests are not any more fun than dev created story and quests.

I just want a sandbox in a virtual world...

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• Superman0XSuperman0X Member RarePosts: 2,292
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by WellzyC

When they say sandbox I hope they mean it in the traditional sense of the word, and not stupid content creators. Player created story lines and quests are not any more fun than dev created story and quests.

I just want a sandbox in a virtual world...

The problem with sandbox is that it is a very loosely defined concept.  What do you mean when you envision mmo sandbox?  Do you mean outright builder like the popular voxel builders?  Do you mean the ability to affect the world in a lasting fashion, and if so what does that entail?

People only heard the word "sandbox" when SoE talked about EQN.  What they said in every quote I've read is "sandbox style".  That's a huge difference.

Wait.. they didn't mean that this was going to take place on a desert world.. like Dune?

:P

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Wukie
    I've a crazy idea. IMHO, they will expand the Player Studio to let players create (almost) all the content, that's what Smedley mean with "the biggest sandbox you've ever seen". And they will release a working "content creator software" by the end of the year so players will be able to create their stuff months before the game release.

There are so many issues with the playerstudio though. Even discounting the fact that the vast majority of player created content is crap, there is always the porting from other games and the player created items being plagiarized. I have yet to see either Bethesda, Valve, nor Sony come up with decent responses to these problems.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    It's coming...
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Soldor
    Been waiting for this. Hope it's like EQ1

They have said it is a sandbox, so it obviously cannot be anything like EQ1.

Rather looking forward to what SOE is doing with this game.  There is always hope that SOE will do something decent.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924
    I hope they bring back elvis
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

With all the long build up over games and expansions, I think we may see two things way earlier than anticipated:  EQNext and WoW's expansion.    What looked like a dull end of year (unless you like PvP with Archeage) might be quite interesting.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

I think we may see two things way earlier than anticipated:  EQNext and WoW's expansion.  

i dont know if blizzard could ever pull it off

theyve said for years (since 2006) that they hope to have expansions out on an annual basis

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzards-goal-annual-wow-expansions-6156502

• quseioquseio Member UncommonPosts: 234

Why the hell cant it be eq ina  sandbox  just have raids stuff u can build  its a sandbox with a themepark in the middle woooooo  wow thaTs SO HARD to conceptualize? just remeber sandboxes have toys in them to u know, we could rebuild  a burntout freeport while defending from wavers of rallos  zeks minions. And as to that swg comment  swg was poop, it died as poop, eqs still around...

I personally dont want it anything like swg swg zones are like eq2, but worsex3 full of nothing   pockets of monsters more nothing

just because its  supposedly a sandbox( yes its been said it is but  is it YOUR definition of a sandbox ? who the hell knows) dont mean it isnt a hybrid to

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by quseio

Why the hell cant it be eq ina  sandbox  just have raids stuff u can build  its a sandbox with a themepark in the middle woooooo  wow thaTs SO HARD to conceptualize? just remeber sandboxes have toys in them to u know, we could rebuild  a burntout freeport while defending from wavers of rallos  zeks minions. And as to that swg comment  swg was poop, it died as poop, eqs still around...

I personally dont want it anything like swg swg zones are like eq2, but worsex3 full of nothing   pockets of monsters more nothing

just because its  supposedly a sandbox( yes its been said it is but  is it YOUR definition of a sandbox ? who the hell knows) dont mean it isnt a hybrid to

Smed himself used sandbox style in his discription so with that wording i bet u it will be a hybrid style of game, that has alot of thing thing EQ1 had with more sandbox feature such as clan cities and stuff, some thing i xpect to see personly.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    There is two features that I'm praying to cazic thule they add back. Ship travel with actual sea travel. And real alcohol tolerance skill ups with lasting drunken effects!

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• LummLumm Member UncommonPosts: 134
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by strangiato2112

I think we may see two things way earlier than anticipated:  EQNext and WoW's expansion.  

i dont know if blizzard could ever pull it off

theyve said for years (since 2006) that they hope to have expansions out on an annual basis

http://www.gamespot.com/news/blizzards-goal-annual-wow-expansions-6156502

Blizz can barley put out a patch everyone 3 months i highly doubt they will ever have an annual xpac. I guess they could call one of their patches a xpac, they have about the same amount of content.