Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Neverwinter: Caturday Survivor Pack Revealed

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,581MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Perfect World and Cryptic Studios have revealed the "Caturday Survivor Pack" gift that players will receive in compensation for this past weekend's Astral Diamond exploit. The package is filled with useful and interesting items including a Stone of Health, a Dwarven Mask and much more.

Case in point: this past weekend, the Neverwinter community helped us to identify a major exploit involving the Auction House and Astral Diamond Exchange, which we promptly addressed through a number of corrective actions, including permanent bans on exploitative accounts and a necessary rollback to the time before the exploit was initiated.  We realize the frustration that the rollback and related downtime may have caused and are deeply sorry for this inconvenience.  We’re also overwhelmed by your positive support and patience during the downtime, as well as your assistance in identifying the issue and helping us to develop and implement a solution as quickly as possible.

We’d like to thank you in the best way possible: by giving you some fun free stuff in-game to recognize your support throughout the Neverwinter Open Beta period.

Check out the full details on the Neverwinter site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• MaelwyddMaelwydd CrawleyPosts: 1,123Member
    Cloak of Catastrophie....lol
  • Ramonski7Ramonski7 Aurora, ILPosts: 2,656Member Uncommon
    Hilarious! Nice to see them acknowledge the issue of free cats. Kinda makes you wonder  who really was behind this after all... Maybe the same "players" offering 100 nightmare boxes for 1 key. Things like that make it obvious the devs are behind the scene fiddling with the market or at least promoting the cash shop.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• allendale5allendale5 kansas city, MOPosts: 124Member
    "We’re also overwhelmed by your positive support and patience during the downtime"

looks like those everything-is-peachy and positive-spin-on-everything press release writers never get a break.  I'm pretty sure that they were inundated with positive feedback and player love during this crisis.  
  • TsumoroTsumoro EozeaPosts: 408Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by allendale5
    "We’re also overwhelmed by your positive support and patience during the downtime"

looks like those everything-is-peachy and positive-spin-on-everything press release writers never get a break.  I'm pretty sure that they were inundated with positive feedback and player love during this crisis.  

Pretty much was to be honest, of course there were a lot of people unhappy and these tend to be always very vocal. Just like a job, you always hear from the complainers but you seldom ever get that customer that gives you positive feedback. 

However on Twitter and even in the forums there were a lot of people that understood what was going on and were very vocal of their support in its remedy. 

• evilastroevilastro EdinburghPosts: 4,270Member

What would you have rather they said? You are a bunch of tossers and most of you exploited this crap, but here have this free item pack to shut you up? No company is going to say that. Just like Starbucks will apologise for the quality of your coffee if you complain and thank you for your feedback, even though its clear that you are just a twat.

• spawn12345spawn12345 MalmöPosts: 137Member Uncommon
  • winterwinter El Paso, TXPosts: 2,276Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by evilastro

What would you have rather they said? You are a bunch of tossers and most of you exploited this crap, but here have this free item pack to shut you up? No company is going to say that. Just like Starbucks will apologise for the quality of your coffee if you complain and thank you for your feedback, even though its clear that you are just a twat.

Hehe, so true.

• 01Neptune0101Neptune01 StokesleyPosts: 82Member
    Haha well put evilastro.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,930Member Common
    How about renaming it to "Astral Diamond Exploit Survivor Pack?"
  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,187Member Uncommon

Hahaha.  That pretty much sums it up.  Not a lot in there that excites me, but then again what would they give me and everyone else that wouldn't totally feck up the game?

I do hope that they continue to monitor accounts for people who laundered a bunch of stuff.  I really hope those people lose their accounts.

In a month or two it won't likely matter anyway.  There will be some other drama to latch our indignation onto.  Maybe it will be Rift's F2P, or something Wildstar has done, or maybe Jacobs will make an outlandish poke at the industry.  Rage will happen I tell you, rage!

• StofftierStofftier berlinPosts: 93Member
    was mentioning in chat i wanna have a ingame t-shirt with "i have survived the exploiters 19.5.2013" comes close to it 

Caturday Survivor Pack Revealed :O

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Chicago, ILPosts: 423Member
    Interestingly enough even the exploiters will get the free pack, I guess they survived it too. 
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Covington, LAPosts: 555Member
    The exploit was always in the game, since closed beta at least. The roll back only covered the time after which it was posted on the forums and it was being done on a massive scale. People have been using it and breaking the game economy ever since the final wipe.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,187Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    The exploit was always in the game, since closed beta at least. The roll back only covered the time after which it was posted on the forums and it was being done on a massive scale. People have been using it and breaking the game economy ever since the final wipe.

According to a forum post in one of the stickied threads they are dealing with the rest individually, whatever that means.

• waynejr2waynejr2 West Toluca Lake, CAPosts: 4,471Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by VassagoMael

According to a forum post in one of the stickied threads they are dealing with the rest individually, whatever that means.

They are going to do it the Chicago way.

:D

• DogblasterDogblaster PraguePosts: 491Member
    Neverwinter went from top 10 to top 25 on twitch.tv after a weekend :) viewers. Guess why
  • BrucyBonusBrucyBonus londonPosts: 220Member

haha, best response so far. 

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Rohnert Park, CAPosts: 848Member
    Originally posted by Dogblaster
    Neverwinter went from top 10 to top 25 on twitch.tv after a weekend :) viewers. Guess why

Because the game was offline during the fix??

• WhitebeardsWhitebeards TokyoPosts: 778Member

Haha..best reply so far. image

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Ul''dah, CAPosts: 1,537Member Uncommon

Well, the facebook banter between them and their fans was very positive.  I saw few people yelling, and most giving encouraging words.  You'll likely even see that now if you head to their facebook page.

When faced with strife or discontent, the true nature of a man is brought forth. It is then when we see the character of the individual. It is then we are able to tell if he is mature enough to grin and bare it, or subject his fellow man to his complaints and woes.

• DogblasterDogblaster PraguePosts: 491Member
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Originally posted by Dogblaster

Because the game was offline during the fix??

So I guess the game is down for 24 hours now ?
    I was talking about today and yesterday because nwo is now in top 28+-.. :)

• romelloromello Calgary, ABPosts: 34Member
    Originally posted by spawn12345

http://i.imgur.com/7LVfkg0.png

hahhaha

^

hallo ~_~

• ChuckanarChuckanar johnson city, TNPosts: 210Member Uncommon

No some of us are not criminals and did not log into the game until a resolution was done. I am sad that those that were criminals were rewarded and those of us that abide by the terms and service of online games were yet again treated as morons.

Dont support this game with cash. Of course this is all my opinion so take it with a pinch of salt.

• furbansfurbans Tinbucktwo, IAPosts: 965Member
    Originally posted by romello
    Originally posted by spawn12345

http://i.imgur.com/7LVfkg0.png

hahhaha

^

So true.  Really they got their heads up their ass in rewarding players.... or more precisely they won't reward players at the cost of profit.  It's like spending 10 bucks in gas to take someone somewhere and they only give you a 5 dollars for your time n resources.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,930Member Common
    Originally posted by Chuckanar

No some of us are not criminals and did not log into the game until a resolution was done. I am sad that those that were criminals were rewarded and those of us that abide by the terms and service of online games were yet again treated as morons.

Dont support this game with cash. Of course this is all my opinion so take it with a pinch of salt.

Who said cheaters never win ?!?!