Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't believe this game is not ranked in top 5

GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

http://www.pearlabyss.com/

Called Black Desert .   The trailer is too good to be true , Its like Arche Age on steroids .

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Yes it looks fantastic and there is now a forum here as of 2 weeks ago: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/944/view/forums/forum/1472/General-Discussion.html

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600
    Looks cool, but never heard of it until now, maybe that is the same for lots of folks. Would certainly explain it not being ranked higher.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

Trailers that look too good to be true aren't exactly rare anymore. I think the reason it's not so hyped yet is because people are waiting to see if it is too good to be true.

If it really is as good as it looks it wont have to worry about being in just the top 5.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

TOP 5 of Sack bag of promises?

• free2playfree2play Member UncommonPosts: 2,043

If all I had to go on was the trailer?

I hope they have player housing because I just found home. Having been trolled by Devs before, I will stick to low expectations though.

I saw so much going on that is 'suggested'. All the NPC's could have been a player recruited thing. The size of the world. The diversity of it. The suggestion that maybe they weren't going to make the entire thing a FFA disaster but they would have those insane zones. Everything, it's like they covered all the bases. They thought of it all.

Lowering expectations though. We here at MMORPG know full well why too.

Just watched the second trailer. F*#$ me sideways. Wow, just WOW. Not sure if they make good games but they make wicked trailers.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I admit that it looks great, but I have heard or seen little about it other than the two trailers.
  • dgarbinidgarbini Member Posts: 185

I agree also it looks great and to little info.  But I have to say just the ideas of this in the trailer shows why eastern developers are just light years ahead of western ones.  I mean really with the money that is spent on US game development this is the kind of stuff we should be seeing, not some cartoony 10 year old junk without basic features (no game specifically).

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Check their facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/Pearl.Abyss.Black.Desert has plenty of information on it including links to articles/interviews with more information.  Unfortunately the developers are Korean and while they do try to respond in English (and actually respond to questions asked on the facebook page) it tends to be a bit poorly translated sometimes.  There is also a housing trailer of the game, so yes it will have housing.

• EverwestEverwest Member Posts: 75
    I'd probably be excited for it if it weren't Korean, but thus far have yet to be impressed with a Korean game in any regard other than graphics.  I did think that they had the best trailer of any I've seen back when Forbes reviewed upcoming MMOs, and I'm hoping this is the game that proves that Korean MMOs can actually capture the western audience.

It won't be the fact that it's Korean that keeps me away. They have proven they know what they are doing in my view. What they can't do is make the same mistake westerners make about Korean Game companies and look at us all as this group of people who need very specific things in our games and everything else isn't important.

Sand Box is a game Genre. It has specific things that make it sand box and eastern, western doesn't play in to it. FFA doesn't make a game a Sand box. FFA makes a game a PvP game. If they want BD to be a PvP game, fine make it a PvP game but know the difference.

• knapuknapu Member Posts: 131

Well if the games gameplay will be as in the video  than all i got to say woow im speechless lol , but also concerened since there is no informatuin no adversting about this game which makes me thin its only for asian market or something similar ...

Edit*

Just been in the facebook site its a korean developer so 100% not for EU or NA  its shame even if the game would come out of the asian market it will be years from n ow and the hype will die out until than

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

Originally posted by knapu

Well if the games gameplay will be as in the video  than all i got to say woow im speechless lol , but also concerened since there is no informatuin no adversting about this game which makes me thin its only for asian market or something similar ...

Edit*

Just been in the facebook site its a korean developer so 100% not for EU or NA  its shame even if the game would come out of the asian market it will be years from n ow and the hype will die out until than

They have plans to make it western and 2015 is the date they are looking at for western so yes, it's a gossip topic right now.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by DamonVile

Trailers that look too good to be true aren't exactly rare anymore. I think the reason it's not so hyped yet is because people are waiting to see if it is too good to be true.

Yep, no point in getting hyped these days, not over some flashy trailer that could hide an absolute turd of a game.  It's happened far too many times and people take them with a pinch of salt now.

• rowalowarowalowa Member CommonPosts: 6

That looks insanely cool. If but it will problably be like every other game that promises too much and cant deliver... still waiting for the ultimate MMO for me.

• nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Agree so many bad MMOs come out it's not worth even looking into a game until it's approaching beta. Also trailers are pointless if they aren't made with game footage.

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
    24k subs YouTube Gaming channel

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059
    Originally posted by nethervoid
    Agree so many bad MMOs come out it's not worth even looking into a game until it's approaching beta. Also trailers are pointless if they aren't made with game footage.

The trailers are 100% game footage.

• KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Will say I thought the trailer was pretty amazing when I first saw it and I still do, but that's all we have to go off of.  No lore, no class info, no empty promises of what they hope to be.  I want to be hyped for this game, but until it hits Beta I'm not so sure I can.
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Trailer and graphics looked nice, but so has every other eastern MMO and they've all been turds (cept FFXI), they're mostly pretty, but always lack the soul.
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668

Given the history of the genre, trailers for Mmo's (game footage or not), are so little to go by.

Vanguard, AoC, and let's not forget FFXIV. They all looked great and all the hype in the world couldn't hide the messy game underneath.

Will keep an eye out for it but experience has tempered this gamer's expectations and let their launch tell the tale.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by AIMonster
    Originally posted by nethervoid Agree so many bad MMOs come out it's not worth even looking into a game until it's approaching beta. Also trailers are pointless if they aren't made with game footage.
    The trailers are 100% game footage.

With pre and post processing. Everything to make a trailer look 'larger than life'

Not saying that graphics that trailer are bad, I'm just saying that there always painted in the best possible light.

Gameplay wise, odds are it's going to tank badly because of the mentality between the different cultures.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Kaisen_DexxKaisen_Dexx Member UncommonPosts: 326
    Now that was an impressive looking trailer. I had a good chuckle at the pickpocket at the 5 Min mark.