It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Originally posted by MMOExposed What's some classes you would like to see playable in CU? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1) Paladin/Guardian -- some kind of heavy armor Melee/ spiritual magic fighter with support and defensive retribution themed offense. 2) Death Knight/Shadow Knight -- anti Paladin/Guardian. Heavy armor Melee shadow magic fighter with support and offensive terror themed CC/Debuffer. 3)Demon Hunter/Demonborn -- a nasty dark shape shifter. Anti Druid. Can shape shift into nasty dark creatures and demons. Hs different forms of different playstyles and combat roles. Has Melee focus, with defensive form, and caster DPS form. 4)GraveDiggerNecromancer -- a dark caster class that summons minions of demons and undead to do its dirty work. 5)Mesmer/Illusionist -- anti healer. This class creates illusions on the battle field. Can make you see things the way they may not be. Can effect enemy player's UI to see their own and Their Ally health and mana stats different from what they really are. "Don't blow your large expensive heal on that ally with full health just because it look like they are down to 20%..." 6)Bard/Chanter -- has a wonderful voice but loves to smash things to create beats as well. Melee focused fighter with healing and buffing performed through Melee attacks and chants. Can charm enemies and control their bodies.
WoW Affliction Warlock
I really enjoyed the warlock playstyle. Back when they weren't high DPS, but moderate to low DPS, and primarily utility class.
Multiple dot stacking isn't necessary. Instant dots are OP, I would want a CU warlock to have casted dots and AOE dots. A good damage, long lasting single target dot that doesn't stack would be enough. Besides that, a disease / mortal strike effect that weakens heals cast on the victim. For magical damage I think that would be quite enough, don't want this class to be a pure caster like a mage.
WoW does pets really well and the warlock pets were the most interesting out of all the pet classes I've played. The blueberry, fellhound, and succubus were excellent. I like how the pet you chose acted as your primary utility. If the CU warlock gets any CC, it would come from the pet.
Some of the pet abilities I liked the best were the succubus's seduce, and the fellhound's silence. Those would be two things worth copying to CU warlock pets.
Blueberries were mostly useful with soul link and sacrifice.
I could imagine two POUs for a CU warlock
1) An aoe and utility specialist. Moderate damage, but to multiple targets. Doing damage not a full time job, as dots are primary damage source. Using pet to blackout enemy casters and seduce/charm to put someone to sleep.
After applying dots and disease, role would be disruption specialist. Curses/debuffs and snares.
Not a tank, but also not a softy, the CU warlock could soul-link not just with his pet, but also a group member, so that damage done to a chosen ally is shared between the 3 of you.
2) A melee combat focused warlock. Warlock would still get a pet and casted dots and disease, but could also assist others in a train. Wielding only a single astral dagger, the warlock cannot be blocked or parried, but can miss and be dodged. The astral dagger can be poisoned, causing considerable damage over time. The astral blades creates wounds that bleed, and these stacked bleeds, combined with poison, are how the CU warlock primarily deals damage in melee combat, not by high damage weapon blows.
Blah blah blah its late I sleep now.
Don’t many of these kind of thread read, I want my play style to be invulnerable and do max damage. I don’t want to see the class that is the counter / antithesis to my class in game.
I am sick and tired of reading:
“Stealth Melee DPS class with max armour rating at all levels. Dual wielding two-handed weapons. Immunity to all forms of crowd control with the ability to apply an unblockable crowd control skill. With the ability to out dps any healing."
Tanks : High defense, low dps
melee dps : low defense, high dps (+stealth for the ninja looters)
Range Dps : low defense, high dps (+ pets, so they can group without annoying pc’s)
Avid MMO Player
Originally posted by PerfArt Bikini-clad Valkyrie ninja sorcerer. Nothing OP.
It'd only be OP if you had said Bikini-clad Valkyrie pirate sorcerer.
I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!
classes i would like to see:
my first choice would be:
- a martial artist monk class with "force" attacks. wielding either a bo-staff or empty-handed, and having telekinetic abilities like knockbacks, pulls, shields. and be a tank, i dont usually play DPSers, they bore me.
other ideas i had:
- a control/support caster, with walls, domes, cages, chains. blocking/reflecting attacks, shielding allies, levitating allies or enemies, crushing cages, invisibility curtain, unsurpassable walls, etc...
- an archer healer. an archer who uses magical arrows without a quiver. shoots arrows, and as they pass through targets they heal allies and damage foes.
- i would also like a typical protector-tank. deals low damage, but has a lot of CC like shield knockbacks, slows, damage reductions, guard, and of course active blocking. basically a specialist to protect squishy allies and push/hold the line.
- another idea is a magical "tank". low damage high survivability, with blinks and "revenge" mechanics. he could blink onto foes or allies, switch places with an ally, and bless them or have an invisible aura, and if you hit their "protege" their "uber-nuke-skills" would light up. so their enemies would be like "i should not ignore him and hit his squishy allies cause he will pwn my arse".
- another type class i like is the front-line-healer. low damage, he has attacks that heal and bless allies around him.
- an artificer/engineer would also bee cool, but no guns. composite uber-complex-crossbow! throwing explosive potions and laying down traps.
- a medium range beastmaster class. if they decide to have pets. he would use a whip! yes a whip lol.
- a rapier-wielding duelist with an active dodge mechanic.
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath
While I could come up with a bunch of ideas, one thing I'd really like to see is a fighter class thats based on mobility and lighter armor to avoid blows instead of just wearing heavy plate. Basically along the lines of a monk type role, but you can always go with any number of lore options for it, doesnt have to be a monk.
Having all the tanks wear plate is just not very creative. Sure you can tweak them and give them vastly different abilities, but they end up still sort of feeling the same because they are all mitigating damage in the same way.
So +1 for an avoidance based fighter.
Originally posted by Rayshe Originally posted by zeroumus Originally posted by Havok77 I'd rather not have any classes that have pets, minions, allies, companions or anything of the sort. They are basically just dead weight on the server. Replace the memory used on them with actual living players.
while we will get a little hate... AGREED!
You do not stand alone. I feel classes are a waste of time in this day and age.
I believe MJ said there will be no pets or pet classes due to pathing/lag issues. Don't quote me on that, however.
I would just like to see classes which remain faithful to the lore. While many have asked for a "monk" type class, I would only like to see it if it were somehow melded with the lore.
Other than that, the one archetype I would like to see is, of course, an Archer.
Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival
RED IS DEAD!
I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.
To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.
I really loved the Mentalist class from daoc.
Mana Buff, strong dots, and spec for either a backup healer or a nuker. Was a great hybrid class.
Seems like games today are launching with such a limited amount of class, they are forced to rehash the same classes over and over and have gotten away from the unique hybrid classes. When I say hybrid I do not mean a class that does something from all other classes, but bring a unique role.
Enchanter - Power Buff, a strong quick Heal over time (both of which were unique to that class)
Yes 3 people on a forum can't appreciate pet classes so lets not have any.
Great design philosophy. If we can't find enough people to not appreciate everything, maybe we can avoid having to make a game entirely!
I want a Nightblade/Riftstalker class [Rift] with less burst, less teleport spam.
E.g. a magic-based melee/midrange hybrid assassin. With less burst, but more durability and debuffs. Also much less teleport spam than the RS -- probably none of the teleports, or only 1 of them.
Throw in a re-design of the "BSC" stealth concept, and it's good to go.
Originally posted by Hokibukisa Originally posted by Rayshe Originally posted by zeroumus Originally posted by Havok77 I'd rather not have any classes that have pets, minions, allies, companions or anything of the sort. They are basically just dead weight on the server. Replace the memory used on them with actual living players.
Mines not just sitting to classes with Pets, Minions and Allies. Mines more of a, Sod the Classes all togeather.
Because i can.I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.Logic every gamers worst enemy.
classes that i have played before and i loved:
WAR, Warrior Priest (the melee damage-healer concept. brilliant and fun)
WAR, Ironbreaker (being durable while knocking away anyone who attacks a squishie, plus taunt/buff)
TOR, Jedi Guardian (durability, LEAPS!, protector, KNOCKBACK. need i say more?)
GW2, Guardian (barriers/domes/retaliations/reflects. basically, YOUSHALLNOTPASS spells are awesome)
i do expect tanks to have either real-time block, or a skill like hold-the-line from war. plus knockbacks! and a charge :P
(as for healers, it is very stressful to play one in pvp. no1 target, plus a lot of responsibility. no thanks, i got my job for that XD)
(and as for damage-dealers, well, i find 99% of them boring. i dont care about big numbers, i preffer to make a difference)
Have you been paying any attention at all to this game's development???
The design philosophy is to get as many player-characters on screen in huge epic battles while retaining smooth, fluid gameplay at acceptable frame rates. Pets are a big drawback as they take as many resources as player-characters. For every pet you have on screen that limits the potential scope of the RvR battle.
Originally posted by povilezaz I would love to see mele clas with Spear and shield . Way too few games that implement this imo . Could use chain armor and heavy shield .
Seems a very appropriate class option for the vikings.
Originally posted by Axxar Originally posted by povilezaz I would love to see mele clas with Spear and shield . Way too few games that implement this imo . Could use chain armor and heavy shield .
DAoC does have valkyre, spear-shield melee/hybrid class and it really fit in well in the mythos imo