Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please can someone be kind enough to let me know how to charge back PWI for my founder's pack $ wast

SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
I really need help on information on how to get $ back from these developers who had the time and the way to steal / loot my money. I really want to do this as this sounds fair on my part to do it.

Cheers
Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

Comments

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

If you used a credit card, call them.

If you used paypal, find the transaction and click the dispute button. 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Originally posted by Sourajit
    I really need help on information on how to get $ back from these developers who had the time and the way to steal / loot my money. I really want to do this as this sounds fair on my part to do it.

How do you figure?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

How do you figure?

If you follow my post for the past 4 - 5 days you will see the entirety of it.

I have also hinted the AH exploit bug way before it got public.

I supported the developers with the founder's pack.

But oh well these are not developers , they are just manipulators is what I feel.

I will be going all the way.

If I do not get the money back then it will not matter but then again you should stand for a real cause.

This is just shameful malpractice under the name of open beta.

Now if they do not go for a wipe then I want the money back.

Simply stating a service provider cannot just exploit service loop holes and go away without paying for the mistake. 

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    And this, my friends, is where the "open beta" is going to bite Cryptic right squarely on the ass. Because the game is not "released" and is still in beta, asking for a refund and/or charging back is no different than canceling a pre-order. And as such, any CC company is only too happy to comply if a company refuses. All other issues aside.
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    Visa chargeback is pretty easy.

Just call your bank.

Originally posted by Burntvet
    And this, my friends, is where the "open beta" is going to bite Cryptic right squarely on the ass. Because the game is not "released" and is still in beta, asking for a refund and/or charging back is no different than canceling a pre-order. And as such, any CC company is only too happy to comply if a company refuses. All other issues aside.

Dispute done ... charge-back mission started ...

This should be made an example of these kind of shameful practices by a developer towards the players.

This is no way to run an mmo.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

Originally posted by Precusor
    Visa chargeback is pretty easy.

Just call your bank.

Done ... Thanks a lot for the info .

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Well, since its pretty much a pre-order (it is only in beta after all). Anyone can freely decline the pre-order and get their money back, as one can do with pre-ordering any game. Just call up the credit card company or whatever you used to pay.

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

If you did not use CC or a payment service like paypal you will have too file a claim with your consumer watch-group. Not that it will help you the slightest and your money is pretty much lost.

Also do note that there is not a done deal that you will get your money back even if you file a claim/charge back but it is absolutely sure that your account will be closed permanently if you do.

There is also a chance that your card/paypal will be blacklisted with PWI making it very hard for you to return.. ever.

Edit "I have also hinted the AH exploit bug way before it got public." I assume you filed the report with the devs about this..?

This have been a good conversation

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93

Servers were anyway crappy if to much were in town you had rubber banding like hell.

But nice that i dont was spending anything on it and dont was planning on.

Originally posted by tawess

If you did not use CC or a payment service like paypal you will have too file a claim with your consumer watch-group. Not that it will help you the slightest and your money is pretty much lost.

Also do note that there is not a done deal that you will get your money back even if you file a claim/charge back but it is absolutely sure that your account will be closed permanently if you do.

There is also a chance that your card/paypal will be blacklisted with PWI making it very hard for you to return.. ever.

Edit "I have also hinted the AH exploit bug way before it got public." I assume you filed the report with the devs about this..?

I do not mind getting black-listed by PWI is the way I feel.

Every report you made was obliterated with ..."it is in BETA"  !!!

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

I dont know why anyone would want to support the developers for what was clearly going to be a bad product.

The two big warning signs were: free 2 play (instead of buy 2 play)  and Cryptic.

Cryptic's track record is horrible. Everything after City of Heroes was garbage, champions online was soso. They have become known for crappy quality and cheap means to suck money out of their player base.

For starters they shouldnt have even been given such an amazing franchise. Its like giving expensive painting supplies to a 4 year old who just wipe it all over the wall with their grubby little paws.

I know its harsh, but whats happening with this is just sad. Sad for the franchise and sad for the quality of gaming.

Well if you did report the exploit ahead of time you did all you could and i can understand your anger.

The good news is the usual chain of event goes something like this. Claim-> Closure of account -> Re-fund  since they do not want to get in to drawn out disputes with the credit companies as it will look bad in the fiscal report.

Also for the future... If it has Cryptics name on it expect a fairly rocky start for the game.

Originally posted by Rabenwolf

I dont know why anyone would want to support the developers for what was clearly going to be a bad product.

The two big warning signs were: free 2 play (instead of buy 2 play)  and Cryptic.

Cryptic's track record is horrible. Everything after City of Heroes was garbage, champions online was soso. They have become known for crappy quality and cheap means to suck money out of their player base.

For starters they shouldnt have even been given such an amazing franchise. Its like giving expensive painting supplies to a 4 year old who just wipe it all over the wall with their grubby little paws.

I know its harsh, but whats happening with this is just sad. Sad for the franchise and sad for the quality of gaming.

As a player of mmo for all these years ... you tend to support developers .... just the feel of the brotherhood ... the bond that has been formed .... but given all said and done ... you cannot just support malpractice ... 

I am an mmo player not a supporter of wicked corporate practices ...is all I can say ...

Any-way if I can do my part of supporting the developers ... I can also play my part in fighting against a malpractice.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392

This tells me you did not report it, but rather you complained about.  By report I think he is asking if you used the proper channel to report a bug.   *hint: there is one in-game*  If they responded with "It is in BETA" that is to do damage control when someone is complaining and ranting.  I am really curious what was said, verbatim, in your bug report lol.

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

Originally posted by Daranar

This tells me you did not report it, but rather you complained about.  By report I think he is asking if you used the proper channel to report a bug.   *hint: there is one in-game*  If they responded with "It is in BETA" that is to do damage control when someone is complaining and ranting.  I am really curious what was said, verbatim, in your bug report lol.

I didn't knew ... how to officially report but I did had a conversation with a few guild mates and likes and they said ...it is still in beta .. if you have played with the founder's pack ... everything from the beginning was under the label ... still in beta ... I am not a pro beta tester and neither I took it as a beta ..I took it as a soft launch ..paid the founder's pack ..supported the developers to be honest ... but yes I didn't expect this level of wicked malpractice to be honest ... this is beyond my imagination.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I hope everyone wanting a charge back knows they don't have a leg to stand on. They covered their asses by calling this a beta. You knew you were paying for an unfinished product. And.. that product isn't really broken.. you've been able to play most of the time.. you have all the things they said you were going to get.

Anyone who does a chargeback is a thief. You are in the wrong.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

The fanboys are your best friend in this btw.

And the CC will absolutely refund your money as it's not even a real product.

It's a beta.

PWE's attempt to twist that is about to bite them , painfully and financially.

There are tons of posts from Founders/Guardians on the official forums saying they are getting a refund and if not refunded then will do a chargeback.

It's a beta after all , PWE you aren't losing anything by having to give me my money back :)

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

Im glad I waited for Open Beta, it let me have a chance to look at the game before spending any money on it.

I got to level 15 just to try out foundry, but I was already dissapointed with the game before I reached it, the whole way through I was thinking "Why? why...." at design & gameplay choices made by the Developers. And the amount of in-game currencies is ludicrous, felt like I was in some sort of foreign currency exchange game.

I hope this is a lesson for everyone who even thinks of 'buying' into any future Perfect World endorsed game...

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf

As a player of mmo for all these years ... you tend to support developers .... just the feel of the brotherhood ... the bond that has been formed .... but given all said and done ... you cannot just support malpractice ... 

I am an mmo player not a supporter of wicked corporate practices ...is all I can say ...

Any-way if I can do my part of supporting the developers ... I can also play my part in fighting against a malpractice.

This is just hilarious sorry. There's no malpractice here, just someone fool enough to buy a crappy game without testing it 1st, blame the company for it and then ask for a refund because it seem to be the thing you do when you spend your money on something bad without even making research and/or testing the product. IMO, just suck it up and don't make that mistake again.

I didn't knew ... how to officially report but I did had a conversation with a few guild mates and likes and they said ...it is still in beta .. if you have played with the founder's pack ... everything from the beginning was under the label ... still in beta ... I am not a pro beta tester and neither I took it as a beta ..I took it as a soft launch ..paid the founder's pack ..supported the developers to be honest ... but yes I didn't expect this level of wicked malpractice to be honest ... this is beyond my imagination.

So you did not report it even if you knew it...

And now you want a refund... You do understand that it is in essence YOUR fault that it became as bad as it did. Honestly you managed to make a post here but could not figure out how to file a bug report in a game you are BETA-TESTING.

I call bull on that.

Their forum have several good guides on how to file a bug-report. Do every one a favour and NEVER partake in a BETA again.. ever.

I'l just let this sink in... It is YOUR fault that things are as they are.. I hope you are proud.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810

I actually reported the bug the day Neverwinter released via the in game tool, support site, & even opened up a GM ticket on the issue as I could see exactly what impact it would end up having.  I even went so far as to post on their twitter & facebook accounts that I knew of a AD dupe bug in the live game, and asked that they contact me for further details.  No one ever responded to any of my many attempts.

So in my opinion their support is grossly incompetent or just non-existent all together.  Either way I will never play another PWI game again.  I can even go so far as to say their support is even worse than Age of Wushu / Snail games, which is really saying something.  I don't think it's a coincidence that both are Chinese companies. 

• vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

To the OP:  You can post a support ticket with PW asking for a refund.  They are usually good about issueing them during these PR issues in the past.  Doing a chargeback should be your last option honestly.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

So you did not report it even if you knew it...

And now you want a refund... You do understand that it is in essence YOUR fault that it became as bad as it did. Honestly you managed to make a post here but could not figure out how to file a bug report in a game you are BETA-TESTING.

I call bull on that.

Their forum have several good guides on how to file a bug-report. Do every one a favour and NEVER partake in a BETA again.. ever.

I'l just let this sink in... It is YOUR fault that things are as they are.. I hope you are proud.

A note to myself .... only paid / subed games from now on ... if I am gonna use real money ... 

I have made it a sticky ...

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

Originally posted by vmoped

To the OP:  You can post a support ticket with PW asking for a refund.  They are usually good about issueing them during these PR issues in the past.  Doing a chargeback should be your last option honestly.

Cheers!

Have done the charge back with the CC already !!!

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

This discussion has been closed.