Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will GW2 has housing??

DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515
Anyone knows?

Comments

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

dear forumusir,

or glorious fascist state of guid wasr 2 i not no,,. but i think more afordabler cheap housing in gaem wuld be god because rent is 2 high ant ther R verry litlr hous so prize is verry high it's is suply an demnad, is economcis 101 i think

thank u, plz com agian

Yours sincerely,

The Official Minister of Propaganda for the Guild Wars 2 Fascist-capitalist party. Remember: ONE playerbase, ONE game, ONE [mod edit] developer

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Housing is bad.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Technically speaking you have a house in your hometown. The npcs you met during your personal story live there.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Will GW2 have guild halls (guild housing)?: Yes

Will GW2 have housing: Most Likely

Are they working on either right now: Unlikely

Should they be working on it right now?: Yes...yes they should.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423

Remember before the game was out...... they keep going on about, you wont just have a home instance. YOU WILL HAVE YOUR OWN PERSONAL BLOCK! where your decisions will effect what goes on inside it! 

Well i have been playing the game now for some time and believe me..... its no big deal.

Instead i have this large "home instance" that is barren with nothing to do inside and no reason to ever go back. I would love to have some way to truly customize that space.

Its like they had all these big ideas and they forgot about some of them, or just put them on the back burner for other things because they think nobody cares about them?

• mazutmazut Member UncommonPosts: 988
    I hope so, also hope for some kind of trophies like in Lotro. Will be another cosmetic gring ;)
  • observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by ellobo29

Remember before the game was out...... they keep going on about, you wont just have a home instance. YOU WILL HAVE YOUR OWN PERSONAL BLOCK! where your decisions will effect what goes on inside it! 

Well i have been playing the game now for some time and believe me..... its no big deal.

Instead i have this large "home instance" that is barren with nothing to do inside and no reason to ever go back. I would love to have some way to truly customize that space.

Its like they had all these big ideas and they forgot about some of them, or just put them on the back burner for other things because they think nobody cares about them?

I remember that too.  It's been very underwhelming.  I never liked that a whole section was instanced though.  I would prefer if they did it like EQ2, if it had to be instanced.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Dolmong
    Anyone knows?

IF they ever do it, I hope it is instanced, not the worst form of housing like they did in Star Wars Galaxies, that was a total fail.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• ButtskiButtski Member UncommonPosts: 187
    i hope they won't waste ressources to put some barbie'n'ken sh*t into this game.
  • faiyofaiyo Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Buttski
    i hope they won't waste ressources to put some barbie'n'ken sh*t into this game.

Nothing wrong with showing individuality.

• Neo_ViperNeo_Viper Member UncommonPosts: 609

A MMORPG is not always all about combat and fighting monsters. Other games may have made the new MMO player generation think it's only about killing stuff for loot and farming dungeons/raids, but that is a very limited vision of what a MMORPG can be.

I hope they will add tons of non combat stuff (housing to decorate, mounts to collect, etc...) so that when I log in, I always wonder what the hell I'm going to do today, instead of sitting in town and queue for a dungeon or a battleground like in other games.

My computer is better than yours.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Neo_Viper

A MMORPG is not always all about combat and fighting monsters. Other games may have made the new MMO player generation think it's only about killing stuff for loot and farming dungeons/raids, but that is a very limited vision of what a MMORPG can be.

I hope they will add tons of non combat stuff (housing to decorate, mounts to collect, etc...) so that when I log in, I always wonder what the hell I'm going to do today, instead of sitting in town and queue for a dungeon or a battleground like in other games.

I can agree with this. I want it to be a world....not a game environment. 

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    No it doesn't have housing currently but it does has cheezburgers.

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by Dolmong
    Anyone knows?

IF they ever do it, I hope it is instanced, not the worst form of housing like they did in Star Wars Galaxies, that was a total fail.

What SWG did was epic, and everyone still craving for similar things!!

I had 4 years blasting time in SWG just to be Architect and Mayor!!