Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They are on top of the bans............

DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479

For asking for a refund.

That's right , I'm a founder (200 bucks ) , and posted in a large thread asking for a refund if they don't wipe the servers.

They banned everyone from the forums who posted in the thread , and deleted the thread.

Whether it's a forum ban or game ban I don't really care , as 30 seconds on the Discover card site and checking "product not as advertised"  just solved this.

Sad though , I actually liked the game a lot , but this has shown me PWE deserves no monetary support.

Comments

• joeydtx79joeydtx79 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Why would they wipe the servers when they stated there would be no wipe in the Open Beta phase, essentially a soft release of the game?  It was clear in the announcements, where is the false advertising?
  • jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

You might could have at least waited to see if they were going to resolve the issue you posted about. Granted they probably wont, but waiting and seeing what happened before doing a chargeback would have been prudent.

The CC companies do not like it when you do this either. Activity such as this will determine your line of credit, interest rate, ect. in the future as well. I am not saying you did anything wrong necessarily, but those are considerations.

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by joeydtx79
    Why would they wipe the servers when they stated there would be no wipe in the Open Beta phase, essentially a soft release of the game?  It was clear in the announcements, where is the false advertising?

I assumed he asked for a server wipe due to the duping thats been wide spread. I could be wrong tho

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    You got all the items you bought...you got what you paid for.  I don't understand how it's not what was advertised....
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Fact of the matter is, this has been publicly known and exploited for over 12 hours now. The only line of communication that has been opened is a forum moderator literally copy and pasting and old message about them working on it.

There has been zero communication or reassurance from the developers or anyone with real authority over the game.

So now, everyone is in panic mode. I only paid 60 bucks for the Guardian pack, but others paid 200 for the Hero pack. Not to mention all the people that paid RL money for Zen. So now people feel cheated. There AD and Zen has lost the majority of its value. Its like having money in the bank in Greece. 

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    I really like the game but the decision to let exploits go is going to shut this one down for me, I'm not going to support a company who can only look at the short run.
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    NEVER buy a Founder pack in ANY game.  Ever.  :)  See, I don't dupe, I didn't rampage through the Foundry and I stuck to the spirit of the game and levelled/earned my stuff honestly.  I see no need for a blanket wipe - punish the guilty and not the innocent as well.  The logs are available to see who mysteriously made 50 million AD almost overnight and who mysteriously levelled to 60 in less than a day.
  • ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534

uh look, someone tried to force a dev to do sth and didn't make it. 

how shocking :)

that's usualy how those kind of storries end dude.

nothing realy new.

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

Neverwinter is full of exploiters and each day more ways of exploiting is being discovered. And you bet there are not banning majority of these players. In my eyes the game is ruined because of it, atleast the economy, etc. which is pretty important in mmorpg.

• DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    Originally posted by jdnewell

You might could have at least waited to see if they were going to resolve the issue you posted about. Granted they probably wont, but waiting and seeing what happened before doing a chargeback would have been prudent.

The CC companies do not like it when you do this either. Activity such as this will determine your line of credit, interest rate, ect. in the future as well. I am not saying you did anything wrong necessarily, but those are considerations.

I assure you , asking for 200 dollar chargeback compared to the sheer amount of money I put and pay off on the Discover monthly will not cause a long standing bank of mine to blink an eye at me. It's not something I do frequently ,and good CC companies advertise this , specifically Discover , as a major function of the customer service for its customers.

The opposite of PWE obviously.

I wasn't rude , simply asked for a refund if they don't wipe the servers , and there's nothing ban worthy in that post.

Since PWE chose to treat me this way , they've earned it.

And we all know who wins this dispute , and if anyone thinks Discover won't refund me the 200 it's now up to PWE to answer in a timely manner (ha , ha , ha , ha  ,ha ) why their product is as advertised , and also to explain why they banned my account for asking for a refund as I just uploaded a screenshot showing my forum account banned and the one asking for a refund.

So a credit card company is going to see I asked for a refund , got my account closed because of that , with zero actual communication from PWE.

There's only one way that goes in customer dispute situations , and PWE deserves it.

• OnomicOnomic Member Posts: 196
    I doubt they will wipe, they will most likely track the ad/zen. But i must say Cryptic is lazy, never seen a slower response to exploit and other major issues.
    Originally posted by Thane

uh look, someone tried to force a dev to do sth and didn't make it. 

how shocking :)

that's usualy how those kind of storries end dude.

nothing realy new.

Tried to force a dev to do something ?

I simply said I was going to ask for a refund if this wasn't wiped , said nothing rude , as there's no way they actually can fix this after its gone through with tons of other exploits for days now.

They chose to ban my account for asking for a refund.

So why should I accept that treatment when I can get my own CC to force them to refund me ?

They chose to treat me that way , someone who paid 200 dollars to them , while allowing cheaters to run rampant for over a week now. They deserve to be hammered by the CC companies.

Well since they have announced there is a problem and are taking action, plus asking for a refund is done via customer service... forums have nothing to do with that aspect it could have been taken as instigating an issue or a repeat of other topics a forum ban means nothing.  Unless you emailed them on a personal level about your account you still need to prove why it is false advertising since you got everything you were suppose to get when you bought your pack.  Hopefully they fix it for the rest of the folks.

Well since they have announced there is a problem and are taking action, plus asking for a refund is done via customer service... forums have nothing to do with that aspect it could have been taken as instigating an issue or a repeat of other topics a forum ban means nothing.  Unless you emailed them on a personal level about your account you still need to prove why it is false advertising since you got everything you were suppose to get when you bought your pack.  Hopefully they fix it for the rest of the folks.

They banned my account , for asking for a refund in a thread about that exact subject , that's why I then promptly went and did the chargeback , their response to all of us with zero communication , for posting in a thread.

And really folks , do any of you think Discover doesn't side with me on this one ? 

PWE now has to

1.) submit a response to them

2.)submit said response to them in time

3.)show why they banned my account for asking for a refund

4.)prove my assertion their product was "not ready to be sold and in an incomplete state, the quality is not what I expected"

Then if they actually manage to do all of the above , convince the dispute department on every account they have a case , I get to respond and so on , and at any point they don't make a deadline or such it's closed and done.

Seriously folks , they let a massive bug like this through their game , haven't answered people for weeks now who emailed customer support , they don't have a clue how to run a large scale mmo.

My cc company says I should file a dispute if I don't find a product as expected , and well , I don't , now I'll let Discover decide if I or PWE is right.

Who do you think wins that ?

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791

Why would anyone pay $200 to beta test a game ? Anyways doesn't sound fair they banned you for posting in a certain thread best take your money somewhere else and this time not on a beta IMHO.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

Well hopefully you get it, and be a lesson for the next time you purchase a pack during an OPEN BETA of a game, which like some fail to remember it is still in Beta stage and bugs are still in the game waiting to be fixed.  I predict a partial rollback, but asking for a full wipe when everyone has been told there would be no wipes... now that would be illegal and set themselves to refund everything. 

Again, good luck to the OP, hope you find something else that is fun

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Dahkoht

For asking for a refund.

That's right , I'm a founder (200 bucks ) , and posted in a large thread asking for a refund if they don't wipe the servers.

They banned everyone from the forums who posted in the thread , and deleted the thread.

Whether it's a forum ban or game ban I don't really care , as 30 seconds on the Discover card site and checking "product not as advertised"  just solved this.

Sad though , I actually liked the game a lot , but this has shown me PWE deserves no monetary support.

So you essentially black mailed them and then were banned for it?

Sounds legit to me.

Also, hope you don't charge back a lot, its fraud when you are doing it so arbitrarily, which is a federal crime, I'd be careful how whimsically I charge back things based off of 'claims' of it not being as advertised.

What you are describing is working as intended.  

Good luck.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Tried to force a dev to do something ?

I simply said I was going to ask for a refund if this wasn't wiped , said nothing rude , as there's no way they actually can fix this after its gone through with tons of other exploits for days now.

They chose to ban my account for asking for a refund.

So why should I accept that treatment when I can get my own CC to force them to refund me ?

They chose to treat me that way , someone who paid 200 dollars to them , while allowing cheaters to run rampant for over a week now. They deserve to be hammered by the CC companies.

Yes, you were blackmailing them with your 200 bucks, saying if you don't do what I want you to do, I'll take my 200 bucks and leave.

They said fine, rather than being blackmailed by you we'll just ban you.

Seems like they are in the right.

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468
    I've been enjoying my time in NWN.  However, this is a very disappointing situation.  

It is frustrating that players would take advantage of said exploit.  But then again, I'm frustrated that such a bug existed in the first place.  It is especially more frustrating that the very same bug was in another one of Cryptic's products (STO) and was fixed.

It would be one thing if this was a gold dupe - which had no real world value (outside of goldfarmers).  But here, real money is it play.  I hope Cryptic and PWE do right by us legitimate, honest players.  Granted, I don't know what an acceptable solution should be.  Fixing said exploit and banning players is a start.  However, I believe this will be a huge blow to the game's economy - at least for the next few months.

Considering this, and having pre-ordered (the cheaper pack), I will not be putting any more money into the product.

• lathaanlathaan Member UncommonPosts: 476

They banned my account , for asking for a refund in a thread about that exact subject , that's why I then promptly went and did the chargeback , their response to all of us with zero communication , for posting in a thread.

And really folks , do any of you think Discover doesn't side with me on this one ? 

PWE now has to

4.)prove my assertion their product was "not ready to be sold and in an incomplete state, the quality is not what I expected"

Then if they actually manage to do all of the above , convince the dispute department on every account they have a case , I get to respond and so on , and at any point they don't make a deadline or such it's closed and done.

Seriously folks , they let a massive bug like this through their game , haven't answered people for weeks now who emailed customer support , they don't have a clue how to run a large scale mmo.

My cc company says I should file a dispute if I don't find a product as expected , and well , I don't , now I'll let Discover decide if I or PWE is right.

while  i partly understand you - what do you think will happen when your cc company stumbles over the words BETA? they at least, like most here, will have a good laugh about someone paying himself into a test and pulls out when a bug/exploit/whatever occurs. And of course they have every right to ban you from their forums whenever they please ... as its theirs. wish you good luck with the refund and hope you learned a bit.   (and yes, they call it beta for juridical reasons too, i'm sure.)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

For asking for a refund.

Well good news... Now you are absolutely banned from the game. There is also a good chance that your CC is blacklisted with them (or their payment provider) should you ever change your mind.

Not saying i do not understand why you do it 200$ is a fair amount of cheeseburgers and since the game seem to have touched you in a bad place (do show on this doll here) i guess you feel justified to do as you did.

Just don't come here and complain if you change your mind and it turns out i was right.

This have been a good conversation

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

If they do a full wipe, everyone who didn't exploit the game will want a refund. And probably a lot a players who did cheat as well.

They really can't target the players in this, they need to target the exploit and attempt to remove the exploited currency from the game, if that is even possible.

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468
    Originally posted by lathaan

PWE now has to

while  i partly understand you - what do you think will happen when your cc company stumbles over the words BETA? they at least, like most here, will have a good laugh about someone paying himself into a test and pulls out when a bug/exploit/whatever occurs. And of course they have every right to ban you from their forums whenever they please ... as its theirs. wish you good luck with the refund and hope you learned a bit.   (and yes, they call it beta for juridical reasons too, i'm sure.)

While I do believe some consumers take advantage of the generosity of their banks/creditors - I believe this is a fair case.  This is a significant issue here... not your standard bug or exploit for that matter.  Here, its a bit murkier because there is a direct relationship between real money and AD.

Because of this exploit, some players have been able to completely effectively manipulate the economy over night a profiting greatly (granted, in terms of AD and Zen).  Because of this bug, Crypic/PWE have really dropped the ball in terms of maintaining a fairplay environment.  Yes, exploits and bugs may exist to the benefit of other players, but this is a significant breach of a fairplay and trust.

In this case, I think anyone who has put money into the system has every right to be upset and angry.  The system failed and has in some cases, significantly ruined their ability to enjoy the game.

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276

The OP will win his dispute hands down. To all you people thinking that he is exploiting or what ever, it does not matter. The game is trash, we all know that. Someone put a fork in this, this game is DONE! 

I never thought I would see a game fail faster than MO.... but there are a lot of firsts in life...

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

the question is if PWE can explain to the CC company the their customer bought the product "as is" and now are trying to scam his way out of a deal that will end up costing his CC provider money to.

I am pretty sure they are well versed in this... Now the OP will most likely get his money back any way but he will most likley get a flag on his card... So if he keeps pulling stunts like this his card provider might take action.

This have been a good conversation