Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You can only name one feature that for you is crucial as a player to enjoy in a MMO

124»

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

No instant-gratification!

I'm so disappointed by MMORPGs where you can level up within a couple of days/weeks playing casual and the easy rewards (items, money & XP) for doing almost nothing...

• noncleynoncley Member UncommonPosts: 718
    Originally posted by Torgrim

Well the thread title explains it pretty good i think.

My one feature is.....exploration in any form and shape.

Be careful about putting 'exploration' and 'any shape or form' in the same sentence. EA swore that Star Wars: The Old Republic was all about 'exploration' but what they meant by that was 'tiny rat-run mazes' and the exploration part involved hunting for holocrons in those mazes which you could only do if you played the old arcade grind of 'jump on invisible rock A to get to invisible rock B etc'

'Explorarion' must mean 'large open landscapes with natural - not artificial - boundaries that can somehow always be circumvented if they cannot immediately be gone through'.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Reizla

No instant-gratification!

I'm so disappointed by MMORPGs where you can level up within a couple of days/weeks playing casual and the easy rewards (items, money & XP) for doing almost nothing...

need time to learn your skills!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882
    Chat

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 540

Soloing ability.

explanation: game must have an option to do everything solo, be it crafted of Great Sword of Owning or exploring Ultimate Deadlands.  If I can do it all alone -it's superb.

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    Sandbox style of gameplay.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Too broad of a genre to think of one feature of dire importance.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
    The ability to wear any armor regardless of class. I am sick and tired of Class Restricted Armor.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• SulaaSulaa Member UncommonPosts: 1,329
    Game and world  - coherence & consistence
  • AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415

Huh, responses pretty much like a bartle test...Explorers, Achievers, Socials, and Killers.

Who would have imagined?

RESULTS:
    Socializer
    RESULTS BREAKDOWN: S.E.A.K.
    Socializer: 80%, Explorer: 67%, Achiever: 33%, Killer: 20%

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Conflict.
  • Boomer23Boomer23 Member Posts: 4
    comabat
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Dungeon crawls with friends.
  • TheBigDRCTheBigDRC Member Posts: 162

Just one thing, eh?

Hmm . . .

. . . Give me a while . . . I need to go through my list . . . image

You know what's fun about chaos? I do, but I won't tell.