Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the best MMO right now offers housing and crafting?

DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

AGAIN !! This topic brings up.  I haven't play MMO for quite some time, and I'm looking for housing MMO that can customize a lot!!!  

I missed SWG ... sigh ..... but I moved on already and ready to sub again!!!

Anyone got any suggestions ???

Comments

• EternalSage2000EternalSage2000 Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Check out Rift and it's dimensions system.  Probably the most extreme crafting / housing system I have ever seen and it is going free to play June 12th. 
  • jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527

Eq2 or you can wait for Wildstar.

Originally posted by EternalSage2000
    Check out Rift and it's dimensions system.  Probably the most extreme crafting / housing system I have ever seen and it is going free to play June 12th. 

Rifts crafting is garbage. The "housing" is ok, but its more build your own house instead of furnish your own house like Galaxies.

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458
    Leaning towards EQ2.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Vanguard and its also free to play. They also have a derv team working it again at long last so its getting loads of love.

Asbo

• DuvarisDuvaris Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I would also say EQ2.
  • AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 874
    I have never played Eq2 so i dont know what the system is like. I have been playing vanguard for about 4 months now it has great crafting not as good as swg's but close the housing system is great you buy a lot then build the house by collecting stone or paying some one to do it for you, the houses turn out really cool.
  • AuedarAuedar Member Posts: 38

If you are looking for BOTH crafting and housing, I would say Vanguard. 

Both EQ2 and Rift have amazing housing systems, but their crafting is a side bar to adventuring. Vanguard's crafting is very fun, challenging, and it actually takes awhile (almost as long to reach crafting max level as it takes to reach adventuring max level) so it's not viewed as something tacked on. 

If you happen to like incredibly shallow crafting where crafting is just a money sink, EQ2's and Rifts housing customization is awesome (Rift I feel 1 upped the housing aspect in terms of creativity, watch some videos if you are interested) But if crafting is just as important or more important and you want to feel like you are doing something that not every other moron can do, I would suggest trying out Vanguard.

Both Vanguard and EQ2 are Free to play. Rift is going F2P in June.

• Dexter2010Dexter2010 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    I heard Aion does, and it's f2p.
  • Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346
    Vanguard for sure...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Eq2. in eq2 the crafting is actually interactive, insted of just watch a bar fill up you actually have to react to things, its actually decently fun.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• beat_downbeat_down Member UncommonPosts: 46

Dragon's Prophet is the closest I have seen to SWGs housing.

I miss SWG housing too. :(

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Dolmong

AGAIN !! This topic brings up.  I haven't play MMO for quite some time, and I'm looking for housing MMO that can customize a lot!!!  

I missed SWG ... sigh ..... but I moved on already and ready to sub again!!!

Anyone got any suggestions ???

Hard to find both on equal levels in one MMO. Aion and Rift both have good housing but lack in crafting. Same for EQ2 but as far as options goes it is better than Aion and Rift. I find LOTRO housing and crafting both below average in comparison.

Vanguard has best crafting out of all three but lacks in housing customization.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• SuperPanekiSuperPaneki Member Posts: 62
    To me the best housing system is undoubtedly EQ2's. The best crafting system is Wow's because it's simple and a lot of fun, not a job inside a game.
  • strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

The best housing at this point is quite easily EQ2, its only drawback is that its instanced but it allows for creativity probably even beyond SWG.  

Im not the biggest fan of its crafting as it can get tedious.  You do have to pay attention and react, but its not difficult.  Vanguard has a more thoughtful process, however there is a much greater element of luck in VGs crafting and if you get a run of bad complications there is absolutely nothing you can do about it and it gets *very* frustrating.

The thing that sets EQ2s crafting apart from every other game in the market is that no game gives its crafters as much to do.  You have epic crafting quests.  Tradeskill apprentices to learn new recipes with.  Mount quests for crafters (the mounts are only slightly different than what adventurers get, but still cool to have.  VG has its 'sphere' system, but crafting is *far* more well rounded as a seperate progression path in EQ2 (it has separate levels from adventuring)

VG you actually build your house with crafting, EQ2 has a carpenter class to build its furniture.

So really, compare and contrast VG and EQ2 because they both offer different things.  Rift is a distance third because it has housing that was heavily based off of EQ2s and actually has a more user friendly layout tool and is overall quite good, but its crafting is uninspired garbage, a near direct carbon copy of WoW.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

EQ2 for Housing

Vanguard for crafting

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207

daoc for housing (since swg is shut)

eve for crafting

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

Xsyon. Housing and crafting are fun and well implemented.

• plescureplescure Member UncommonPosts: 397

eq2

most comprehensive housing in any mmo ive played

If someone is talking in general chat in a language you dont understand, chances are they're not talking to you. So chill out and stop bitching about it!

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    It's an older mmo, but I think Ultima Online's housing was the best I've played. Build and customize it anyway you want and put stuff anywhere in your house to decorate it as well as put your own vendors up to sell things for you.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Thank you for all your responses.

But .... If you have to pick the ultimate one MMO??  with the housing and crafting in the balance.... which one will you choose?

I don't want to spend the wrong time into the wrong MMO.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

But .... If you have to pick the ultimate one MMO??  with the housing and crafting in the balance.... which one will you choose?

Wurm Online.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• eldariseldaris Member UncommonPosts: 353

EQ2 ,great housing with lot of customization and a parallel system of leveling for crafters too,unlike other games it is not just press a button and wait for the item to be over.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

Thank you for all your responses.

I don't want to spend the wrong time into the wrong MMO.

If you dont care about PvP its EQ2

[mod edit]

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Vanguard. Hands down.

For the combination of housing and crafting i would have to agree - Vanguard, hands down.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• jimdandy26jimdandy26 Member Posts: 527
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

For the combination of housing and crafting i would have to agree - Vanguard, hands down.

Or he can always wait a couple more months for Wildstar. :)

I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won.

To exercise power costs effort and demands courage. That is why so many fail to assert rights to which they are perfectly entitled - because a right is a kind of power but they are too lazy or too cowardly to exercise it. The virtues which cloak these faults are called patience and forbearance.