Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite NPC in MMO?

2»

Comments

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185

Hmm, going purely on them being in-game I'd have to say:

SWtOR:

1. C6-N8 (Alderaan, Republic Camp)

2. Khem Val (Companion, Sith Inq.)

3. Reki (Ord Mantell, Smuggler story quest)

4. Sergeant Jojames (Balmorra, Republic)

5. Moff Sarek (Alderaan, Sith)

6. Skadge (Companion, Bounty Hunter)

7. Jailer Nash (Korriban, Sith Warrior story quest)

RIFT:

1. Alsbeth

2. The Faceless Man

WAR:

1. Arch Lector Herwald & The Executioner (Altdorf, Order)

2. Abigail (The Blighted Isle, Order side)

3. Definitely Not Gazbag (Cinderfall, Neutral)

4. 'Ard ta Feed (Gunbad, Instance Boss)

5. Dwarf Prisoner (Mount Bloodhorn, Order Side)

Diablo 3:

1. Scoundrel (Companion) / Scoundrel 2

2. Cydaea (Boss in Act III)

3. Zoltun Kulle (Boss in Act II)

There are a numbers of others though if you include novels, especially for WAR and D3.

• AnslemAnslem Member CommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    The tillerman in UO boats. If things were too quiet, he'd start telling stories.

That is fantastic. 

Played: Ultima Online - DaoC - WoW -

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

Nassir from TSW.

• AxehiltAxehilt Member RarePosts: 10,504

The game was weak, but Foxbat was awesome (Champions Online.)

Definitely agree with TSW and SWTOR having solid characters.  Would've been a little better if they'd focused on fewer more interesting chars.

"What is truly revealing is his implication that believing something to be true is the same as it being true. [continue]" -John Oliver

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179

Hayden Montag (Jeffrey Combs)- TSW

great writing paired with the hypnotic voice/talent...(played seven different characters on Star Trek...not a bad thing, really)

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    My favorite NPC would have to be good old flippy darkpaw charging north Qeynos gates every time he spawns shouting threats as he run towards the gate only to be cut down by the guards shortly after.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Originally posted by 9reesracer9

Hayden Montag (Jeffrey Combs)- TSW

great writing paired with the hypnotic voice/talent...(played seven different characters on Star Trek...not a bad thing, really)

No handshakes, please. Body temperature makes my skin crawl.

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I've been wracking my brains trying to think of an NPC in an MMO that has caught my attention. Too many of them are bland.

WoW, I think, has a couple after pondering for a bit.
    1) Zen'Ziki, the Troll Druid who "helps" cleanse an area. He had me laughing so hard at times turning into his waterform on land in the middle of a fight, using wrong spells at the wrong time at wrong targets, and basically being a big screw-up.

2) Umi Rumplesnicker, a goblin that has you create a Mechanical Yeti in Winterspring, then run to her three "friends" and scare them with the Mechanical Yeti.

3) Maximillian of Northshire, a Paladin in Un'Goro Crater that is completely useless but funny. I was cracking up throughout the whole horse ride through the zone :)

Most MMOs have bland NPCs with very little personality to them to make them memorable.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• doefromwhereverdoefromwherever Member Posts: 2
    Uh Darth fucking Vader in SWG!?! What an awesome event in game to see him walking down a city street surrounded by storm troopers!
  • taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Shantotto from FFXI

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882
    I forget the guys name but there is a dwarf in the sewers of Qeynos in the Everquest 2 game, he sells things and his saying is..."If I ain't got it, YA DOOON"T NEED IT!!!"  Thick scottish accent.  Love that guy.

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    I can't really think of any memorable NPC's of an mmorpg that I've played. They are all sort of blah to me. Only memorable npcs I can really think of have been from non-mmos, Handsome Jack of Borderlands 2 and Elizabeth of Bioshock Infinite.
  • jesadjesad Member UncommonPosts: 882
    Originally posted by jesad
    I forget the guys name but there is a dwarf in the sewers of Qeynos in the Everquest 2 game, he sells things and his saying is..."If I ain't got it, YA DOOON"T NEED IT!!!"  Thick scottish accent.  Love that guy.

Oh wait!! Gix! 

Kizdean Gix!  Teacher of all noobs that wander too far out on their first characters.

• KingAlkaiserKingAlkaiser Member UncommonPosts: 57

hands down 100% NASIR from The Secret World.

this guy is my all time favorite.

• BahamutKaiserBahamutKaiser Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I had to consider this for a while, and I'm still, not sure, but Glint from GW, was pretty cool.

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, if they get angry, they'll be a mile away... and barefoot.