Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What's your most fun class to play?? (pure your own opinion)

DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515
Hi guys, Just your opinion, what's the most fun class for you to play ATM?

Comments

• DiemosDiemos Member Posts: 129
    I main an Elementalist and my alt and main PvP toon is Engineer. Both classes are a blast to play with a lot of different options to bring to the table in any kind of situation. Throw in the variety of builds in both classes and you have several playstyles within one class.

I use my Elementalist for open world PvE, Dungeons using a 30/30/0/0/10 build, its a lot of damage, AoE and I still provide sufficient support through control, defensive and offensive boons. Lots of fun but dont recommend this build unless you understand how survival works in GW2 and properly use dodge, Condi removal, and defensive boons.

[PvX]Tempest - Check us out

• squalleonahasqualleonaha Member Posts: 211

i had  all 8 class at 80 and fully geared with ascend rings.

i like mesmer the most, and then guardian and then warrior, and then element.

thief, necro, engineer, ranger are in a group of less fun than the other.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    For PvP the mesmer is the most fun for me. Elementalist for pve :)

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Ele>Gaurdian>Mesmer>Warrior PvE

Mesmer>Thief>Ranger>Ele PvP

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Thief > Warrior > Ele > Necro > Guardian >  Ranger

Mesmer and Engineer are unknowns

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• DolmongDolmong Member Posts: 515

Thanks for participating, I need more voting !! :D

I am doing a project, and this is part of the statistic I need to do!!

Anyway, that also helps me to re-roll a character for GW2 as I never passed lvl 10 in the game, and I am interested to play GW2 again!! 

• Trudge34Trudge34 Member UncommonPosts: 392
    Only leveled two classes so far in PvE (don't care for PvP really in MMOs) and I like the Ranger over my Warrior so far. Working on a Mesmir I just started though so we'll see how that goes.

Played: EQ1 (10 Years), Guild Wars, Rift, TERA
    Tried: EQ2, Vanguard, Lord of the Rings Online, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Runes of Magic and countless others...
    Currently Playing: GW2

Nytlok Sylas
    80 Sylvari Ranger

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I said RANGER.

Which I define as a pure archer/sniper

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Ranger was my main.  And it was nice when they finally fixed the problem with pets unable to attack moving targets (how the HELL did that get past beta?)  It was my fall to class and it was fun.

But I gotta say, playing a MESMER is FANTASTIC.  Not only do they have multiple 'OH SHIT' buttons but they've had SO many completely overpowered builds on and off for the longest time.  Plus its funny being able to kill 2 people at the same time because they don't know how to fight a mesmer. 

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    My main is a ranger, so i chose that one.  I've tried all of them except mesmer, and i've only gotten thief, warrior, and guardian past 20.  I just love ranged classes in this game better than melee.
    Sounds like melee has no love in this game.

=(

I am struggling who to role, as I love melee class (armor looks awesome in heavy), but they suck in most of MMO games.

• itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    even with all the nerfs to engineer and the odd defenses added to mobs post level 65 that make combat take three times as long for engineers as any other class, the options of the engineer is still fun in lower level zones. With the right combo of runes and sigils this class is very fun to play in the pre level 60 zones even after being downscaled in these zones.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Dolmong

=(

I am struggling who to role, as I love melee class (armor looks awesome in heavy), but they suck in most of MMO games.

it's simply that they have chimpanzees working on PVE class balance over there and they have no clue what they are doing because they don't have a PTR to receive the results of what they are doing on a massive scale from players reports. They are relying on a small biased team and testing is no more advanced then a couple of guys logging into a WvW closed server throwing rocks at a couple of stationary targets.

Since they've finally started to separate the coded behaviors of skills for PVE PVP and WvW (something they should have done from launch) we've got hope that they'll realize just what they've done for the past 8 months to PVE but I wouldn't hold my breath.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    For the short time I played, I had an engineer.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Dolmong

=(

You're creating a false dilemma if you're just worried about being able to melee, as every class can have a completely viable melee build.  I play my elementalist with dual wielded daggers for most situations, which, to me, feels awesome.  An elemental spell slinging, cloth-wearing, in-your-face melee caster feels so fresh.  And the playstyle is an absolute blast to me.  Needless to say, to get to the topic of this thread, elementalist is my favorite class.

Even rangers have tons of melee.  They can swap to greatswords Aragorn style and dual it out.  I personally leveled with an aoe condition damage build using axe + torch as my main weapon set along with some traps.  

If it's just about heavy armor for you, warrior and guardian are actually easily the most played classes in the game; so they're obviously feeling the love.  This particular poll is sitting at a rather small sample size at the moment.  And, of course, most played does not necessarily equal favorite.

Need more Vote...  But thank you for all of you participate.

I think I will roll a Ranger..  =)

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    zerk warrior all day for me. Guardian is a close second, than thief for some fun but mostly warrior. I have 5 80's war, guard, thief, elle, and ranger. Now if we were talking what are best classes in game I would have to say war, guard, and mes in that order. ;)
  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Guardian and Elementalist have settled in as my favorite two, but there aren't any I don't find fun.

I play a "Healway" Guardian, Sword/Focus and Greatsword. I love the mobility, heal on dodge, etc... I actually have two Elementalists, Dagger/Dagger and Staff. D/D is a fav of mine for PvE, but I love Staff Ele for WvW.

The versatility of builds is great. If they ever manage to expand the number of builds that are efficient/viable, the game will be much the better for it. The pieces are all thre, but fear of having to balance a plethora of equally viable builds seems to have become a self limiting barrier for the devs that work on profession balance.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356
    All classes in GW2 can be pretty fun. I enjoyed Engineer the most
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Mesmer and Engineer and Elementalist!

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Ranger is winning? WTH? THIS IS A PARADOX!!!!

This is not a game.